• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 WR Position

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 11 WRs on the roster right now. Last year, we went with 5 WRs and at the end of the year, we added Ayers to make it 6. To me, it's hard for me to see who should be below the cut line. I also don't want Antonio Brown as out Punt Returner anymore. I think that's a recipe for disaster. I an inclined to have 6 WRs on the opening roster with one WR that's NOT AB being the punt returner. Here is how I would rank the WRs right now:

1. Antonio Brown
2. Martavis Bryant
3. Eli Rogers
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster
5. Cobi Hamilton
6. Justin Hunter
7. Darrius Heyward-Bey
8. Sammie Coates
9. Demarcus Ayers
10. Justin Thomas
11. Marcus Tucker

With that said, I would keep Coates are Ayers on the main roster as the Punt Returner. I was struggling between Hunter and DHB as the last WR to make the cut. I like DHB's blocking last game, but I believe Justin Hunter has a better chance to make those deep, down field catches. The top 4 are set in my opinion. From 4th on is a hard decision. What do you guys think?!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Brown
2. Bryant
3. Rogers
4. Coates
5. Smith-Schuster
6. Hunter
7. Hamilton
8. Heyward-Bey
9. Ayers
10. Tucker
11. Thomas

DHB had an awful offseason. At this point I have Hamilton above him, but I doubt the coaches do. I think Hunter has more potential than both.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Brown
2. Bryant
3. Rogers
4. Coates
5. Smith-Schuster
6. Hunter
7. Hamilton
8. Heyward-Bey
9. Ayers
10. Tucker
11. Thomas

DHB had an awful offseason. At this point I have Hamilton above him, but I doubt the coaches do. I think Hunter has more potential than both.

Do you still have confidence in Sammie Coates? I know he had a broken hand last year but he can't be dropping easy passes like he was.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you still have confidence in Sammie Coates? I know he had a broken hand last year but he can't be dropping easy passes like he was.
I do. I think in 5 games alone last year he showed a lot of potential. DHB & Hunter haven't shown me anything this offseason worthy of convincing me to part ways with Coates.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. I think in 5 games alone last year he showed a lot of potential. DHB & Hunter haven't shown me anything this offseason worthy of convincing me to part ways with Coates.

What do you think of the idea of keeping Coates and Ayers on the roster just to be punt/kick return guys? I know Knile is probably gonna be a return guy also, but I would love to get AB out of that role.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of the idea of keeping Coates and Ayers on the roster just to be punt/kick return guys? I know Knile is probably gonna be a return guy also, but I would love to get AB out of that role.
I think Eli Rogers is going to handle punt returns this season. He's been fielding punts in camps & preseason. The only way Ayers makes the team is over Knile Davis. I don't see them giving up a number elsewhere just to carry a 7th WR with the sole purpose of being a return guy. Unless Lake was blowin smoke with the 6-7 CB statement.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 11 WRs on the roster right now. Last year, we went with 5 WRs and at the end of the year, we added Ayers to make it 6. To me, it's hard for me to see who should be below the cut line. I also don't want Antonio Brown as out Punt Returner anymore. I think that's a recipe for disaster. I an inclined to have 6 WRs on the opening roster with one WR that's NOT AB being the punt returner. Here is how I would rank the WRs right now:

1. Antonio Brown
2. Martavis Bryant
3. Eli Rogers
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster
5. Cobi Hamilton
6. Justin Hunter
7. Darrius Heyward-Bey
8. Sammie Coates
9. Demarcus Ayers
10. Justin Thomas
11. Marcus Tucker

With that said, I would keep Coates are Ayers on the main roster as the Punt Returner. I was struggling between Hunter and DHB as the last WR to make the cut. I like DHB's blocking last game, but I believe Justin Hunter has a better chance to make those deep, down field catches. The top 4 are set in my opinion. From 4th on is a hard decision. What do you guys think?!

I've been going with 6 in my 53 man projections. I think you have the top 4 right, but Hamilton is probably not in the #5 conversation.

Going with my 6 headcount figure...My last 2 would be Coates and DHB....Tomlin is going to want that ST coverage from DHB and Hunter I think needed to run Coates out, and from what I've read, he hasn't.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been going with 6 in my 53 man projections. I think you have the top 4 right, but Hamilton is probably not in the #5 conversation.

Going with my 6 headcount figure...My last 2 would be Coates and DHB....Tomlin is going to want that ST coverage from DHB and Hunter I think needed to run Coates out, and from what I've read, he hasn't.

After last night, the top 4 has stayed the same but 5-8 has changed for me. Hunter is now in the 5 spot, then Hamilton, then Coates, then DHB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night, the top 4 has stayed the same but 5-8 has changed for me. Hunter is now in the 5 spot, then Hamilton, then Coates, then DHB.

Nice catch for Hunter...that landed him on a roster some where if not in PIT...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice catch for Hunter...that landed him on a roster some where if not in PIT...
Coates didn't inspire much this offseason, but I still think he has the leg up. It definitely boils down to DHB & Hunter for the last WR spot. I like Hunter more, but the coaches love DHB. Tomlin & Colbert have been taking a lot more risks as of late so maybe they'll surprise us in that regard.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coates got traded to the Browns with a 7th round pick for the 6th round pick we gave them for Gilbert last year.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Hamilton was released.