• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2017 Summer League thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annual reminder that this is freaking Summer League and has little to essentially zero bearing on a player's future success or failures. Enjoy it for what it is, rookies barnstorming and dudes you likely never heard of trying to get a camp invite.

Hey Dad. You forgot to tell us to to turn off the damn lights and close the damn door we're not air conditioning the whole neighborhood.

:dhd:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it is unlikely, he will probably play for the Defenders, but if he continues to improve and because he plays good team defense and can shoot the 3, I wont go as far as you and say no way will he make the Lakers roster.

Pfft. He's a Bruin...he sucks. :D

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple double for Ball

Kuzma went off, but missed alot of easy layups.

Hart was great before his injury ( hope is just a sprain ).

Team needs to learn to catch passes from Ball, too many fumbled catches that led to turnovers.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball also had quite a few drives to the basket where he beat his man and kicked it to an open shooter instead of taking it to the rack.

He needs to be more aggressive sometimes

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball's passing reminded me of Magic's passing when he first came into the league. Ball will be a force eventually. Liked Bryant's play and Vander Blue quietly had a pretty good game. Kuzma is going to be good as well. This was a good draft and Magic indeed has the team going in the right direction in a hurry.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team needs to learn to catch passes from Ball, too many fumbled catches that led to turnovers.
Funny hearing HOFer James Worthy yesterday talking about his Rookie year when he was not ready for a pass from Magic, it hit him in the back of the head. :dhd:

He said from then on, he was always expecting Magic to make a pass whenever, no matter what.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Dad. You forgot to tell us to to turn off the damn lights and close the damn door we're not air conditioning the whole neighborhood.

:dhd:
I thought the same thing lol. He is very pessimistic all the time, which is ok.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball's passing reminded me of Magic's passing when he first came into the league. Ball will be a force eventually. Liked Bryant's play and Vander Blue quietly had a pretty good game. Kuzma is going to be good as well. This was a good draft and Magic indeed has the team going in the right direction in a hurry.
I agree ram. On to Zu ... He has to go up quicker on offense. He seems a step too slow. Bryant may suplant him. Lonzo will be a force. I don't care if he scores like rondo, we needed a true passing point guard, who makes others better like magic. Lonzo is that guy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple double for Ball

Kuzma went off, but missed alot of easy layups.

Hart was great before his injury ( hope is just a sprain ).

It's summer league, but Kuzma did look good. It was nice to see Ball bounce back with a triple double. The whole team seems to have a penchant for missing easy shots.

I've mostly liked the defense, but they need to learn to sustain for a whole game.

There will be some fumbled passes until they learn how Ball plays (plus, many of these guys won't be on the team). There was a lot of that back when the Lakers first got Magic. A lot of fumbled catches and guys hit in the head with the ball until they learned to always be looking because he saw things they didn't.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball rebounds with a triple double against the Celtics. He is going to be a good one and this summer league is going to be the beginning.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball rebounds with a triple double against the Celtics. He is going to be a good one and this summer league is going to be the beginning.
He's a good decision maker, notice he doesn't always try to push the ball up the court, but when he does, he does it quickly and is efficient in the process, and it has lead to many good looks and easy points before the opposing teams defense can get set.

I'm sure that it wont happen in the regular season as often as we are seeing it here is Summer League, but if defenses lax you know he will be looking for the quick strike by pushing the ball up the court off a rebound or inbound.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I see of him so far Vita and apparently his presence in the locker room is way better than when Russel was here. Magic is indeed taking the right steps.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game tonight, the Lakers win on a pair of free throws by Zu to go up by 1 with about 5 seconds left in regulation.

I'm glad I recorded the time slot and ignored the AT&T lineup for ESPN2 tonight!

37-11-8 for Zo! He did have 6 TO's but made up for it with 5 steals and one poke that led to a steal!

Bron was at the game and said he was there to see Lonzo. Interesting...