• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2017 Summer League thread

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game tonight, the Lakers win on a pair of free throws by Zu to go up by 1 with about 5 seconds left in regulation.

I'm glad I recorded the time slot and ignored the AT&T lineup for ESPN2 tonight!

37-11-8 for Zo! He did have 6 TO's but made up for it with 5 steals and one poke that led to a steal!

Bron was at the game and said he was there to see Lonzo. Interesting...
Did you see the interview with Ben Simmons in the stands. He is such a punk. They asked him about his opinion on players he has seen in summer league and he said, I only care about the sixers two times. The interviewer cut the interview short after that. Simmons could not bring himself to compliment any player. This guy is an ass.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the interview with Ben Simmons in the stands. He is such a punk. They asked him about his opinion on players he has seen in summer league and he said, I only care about the sixers two times. The interviewer cut the interview short after that. Simmons could not bring himself to compliment any player. This guy is an ass.
I don't like Simmons either, and if he would have been complimentary of any other players in the G-League, I would have accused him of being a punk, and an ass-hat sell out with his trying to be all overly PC & shit! I would have said, "Stand up for your Own, Dammit!!"

:lol:

No, you're right tomodach, I'm just messing with you, but I really don't care much for the guy, that much is true! And I'll say it again, that is why I am glad we got Brandon over Ben, I don't care how crazy that Philly fan wants to say 'some' Lakers fans are.

#charactermatters!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Simmons either, and if he would have been complimentary of any other players in the G-League, I would have accused him of being a punk, and an ass-hat sell out with his trying to be all overly PC & shit! I would have said, "Stand up for your Own, Dammit!!"

:lol:

No, you're right tomodach, I'm just messing with you, but I really don't care much for the guy, that much is true! And I'll say it again, that is why I am glad we got Brandon over Ben, I don't care how crazy that Philly fan wants to say 'some' Lakers fans are.

#charactermatters!
I agree. He is one of those players that are gifted, but won't put the work in to get better.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He is one of those players that are gifted, but won't put the work in to get better.
:dingdingding:

I mean, he will get better by default from playing in the NBA night after night, but he seems the type that has always been a little better vs the talent he played in HS and College but this is the pros, and without the extra work it's.... well, what you said... You nailed it!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't get me wrong, i like Zubac. but he has the grace of a Gooney Bird...:L
He just looks out of sorts so far in this Summer League.

I'm not sure why, but when he makes his move, he decides to put the ball up whether he's got the defender out of position or not, and when they're not, he's getting destroyed, and it's happened again and again every game so far.

Didn't see that too much last year...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure why, but when he makes his move, he decides to put the ball up whether he's got the defender out of position or not, and when they're not, he's getting destroyed, and it's happened again and again every game so far.

Z seems real slow to me. He has to go up faster and stonger in the NBA.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Z seems real slow to me. He has to go up faster and stonger in the NBA.
Just didn't notice it very much last year, did you tomodach?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It may be a move that he's working on and just isn't comfortable enough with to be able to do it more quickly and decisively. Summer league is the perfect time to work on those kinds of things in a "game setting."

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be a move that he's working on and just isn't comfortable enough with to be able to do it more quickly and decisively. Summer league is the perfect time to work on those kinds of things in a "game setting."
Sounds reasonable enough, plus add in the fact that his head is on a swivel everytime Zo has the ball, and there you go!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just didn't notice it very much last year, did you tomodach?
I really did not notice it last year
Sounds reasonable enough, plus add in the fact that his head is on a swivel everytime Zo has the ball, and there you go!

He will get use to Zo and will be fine IMO. I have to keep it in perspective, it is only summer league and he is learning to play with Zo. He has the off season to train and be ready when the season starts. Z will be ok.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will get use to Zo and will be fine IMO. I have to keep it in perspective, it is only summer league and he is learning to play with Zo. He has the off season to train and be ready when the season starts. Z will be ok.

Playing with a pass first point guard who sees things that regular players can't is always a learning experience and takes time.

I remember reading and hearing stories from Magic's rookie season about guys learning to always be looking for the ball because they wouldn't realize they were open and he'd zip a pass to them and hit them in the head. lol

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing with a pass first point guard who sees things that regular players can't is always a learning experience and takes time.

I remember reading and hearing stories from Magic's rookie season about guys learning to always be looking for the ball because they wouldn't realize they were open and he'd zip a pass to them. lol
I'll tell you what, Kuzma's on it!

Dude is running hard on every defensive rebound and made shot in-bounds too!

I really like him and Bryant plays with a lot of heart as well.

Nice draft this year!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what, Kuzma's on it!

Dude is running hard on every defensive rebound and made shot in-bounds too!

I really like him and Bryant plays with a lot of heart as well.

Nice draft this year!
I really like this draft class as well. And we haven't seen Hart much. Bryant has a great motor. I think he is one of those players that will work extremely hard to get better, unlike Ben Simmons. Kuzma looks like a steal. What a draft class!!

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be alright eventually, although I did expect him to wreak havoc this summer. Luckily for us, he'll have time to work his way into things with Lopez starting

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be alright eventually, although I did expect him to wreak havoc this summer. Luckily for us, he'll have time to work his way into things with Lopez starting
That's just it, he has a great opportunity to learn from Lopez.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this draft class as well. And we haven't seen Hart much. Bryant has a great motor. I think he is one of those players that will work extremely hard to get better, unlike Ben Simmons. Kuzma looks like a steal. What a draft class!!

Hart and Kuzma i definitely would like seeing 'em both make the roster. Btw, whatta you guys think of Blue...?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart and Kuzma i definitely would like seeing 'em both make the roster. Btw, whatta you guys think of Blue...?

He's good enough to be on a roster somewhere. Not a valuable piece, but rotational guy that could give you 10 to 15 minutes a game.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma is just so impressive. Is he two big for sg???