• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Roster

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what i was thinking and there really doesn't seem to be room on the 53 for both sans an injury or two...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky's days are numbered I think. Outside of a few really well blocked sweeps, what has Lucky contributed? He's not much of a factor in the kick game, mediocre as far NFL standards go. Very replaceable.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky's days are numbered I think. Outside of a few really well blocked sweeps, what has Lucky contributed? He's not much of a factor in the kick game, mediocre as far NFL standards go. Very replaceable.
i think that like Harris before him and with Dunbar, the team could have given him a little bit more of an opportunity to get the ball in space and make some plays, but we just don't seem interested in doing that. Hopefully we will be a little more creative on 3rd downs this year. But I agree, his #1 job here was to be a factor in the return game and he just wasn't. He made a couple plays on Offense but not enough to keep around and was likely in trouble even before his partying and missing meetings became an issue...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Gathers is 290??? Love the nickname "Zeus". Would be great if some of you are right about him being ready to play a big role this year. I'm Still guessing he needs another year, but damn would be tough to cover this guy in the red zone at that size...

Rico Gathers - TE - Cowboys
Cowboys second-year TE Rico Gathers says he feels his game is "a thousand times better" than during his rookie offseason.

A power forward at Baylor, Gathers flashed during his rookie preseason and then on the scout-team offense with Tony Romo in late-season practices. Inside the locker room, 6-foot-6, 290-pound Gathers has earned the nickname "Zeus," while ex-TEs coach Mike Pope reportedly told Gathers he would "one day become a Pro Bowl tight end." As Jason Witten is now 35 years old, Gathers is a deep Dynasty league prospect worth monitoring

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Gathers is 290??? Love the nickname "Zeus". Would be great if some of you are right about him being ready to play a big role this year. I'm Still guessing he needs another year, but damn would be tough to cover this guy in the red zone at that size...

Cowboys second-year TE Rico Gathers says he feels his game is "a thousand times better" than during his rookie offseason.

A power forward at Baylor, Gathers flashed during his rookie preseason and then on the scout-team offense with Tony Romo in late-season practices. Inside the locker room, 6-foot-6, 290-pound Gathers has earned the nickname "Zeus," while ex-TEs coach Mike Pope reportedly told Gathers he would "one day become a Pro Bowl tight end." As Jason Witten is now 35 years old, Gathers is a deep Dynasty league prospect worth monitoring

I think this guy is going to be very good in time. Hard worker by all accounts, wants to be good, and he is an absolute physical monster. I think Gathers is the future starter for Dallas at TE. Mike Pope knows a thing or two about TEs...

Don't be surprised if Gathers is on the roster this year, because he might not sneak through waivers again.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 53 man roster is shaping up nicely. My way too early guess at the roster and depth chart....

QB -- D.Prescott, K.Moore, C.Rush
RB -- E.Elliott, D.McFadden, A.Morris
FB -- K.Smith
WR -- D.Bryant, C.Beasley, T.Williams, B.Butler, R.Switzer, N.Brown
TE -- J.Witten, G.Swaim, J.Hanna, R.Gathers
OT -- T.Smith, L.Collins, B.Bell, C.Green
OG -- Z.Martin, J.Cooper, J.Looney
C -- T.Frederick

DE -- D.Lawrence, B.Mayowa, D.Irving, T.Charlton, C.Tapper, D.Moore
DT -- T.Crawford, M.Collins, C.Thornton, S.Paea
OLB -- S.Lee, D.Wilson, K.Wilber, M.Nzeocha
MLB -- J.Smith, A.Hitchens
CB -- O.Scandrick, A.Brown, C.Awuzie, J.Lewis, N.Carroll
SS -- X.Woods, K.Frazier
FS -- B.Jones, J.Heath

K -- D.Bailey
P -- C.Jones
LS -- L.P.Ladouceur

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what i was thinking and there really doesn't seem to be room on the 53 for both sans an injury or two...
Injuries are almost inevitable.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is huge for a TE. He is almost big enough to play OT

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky looked bad last season. I look for him to be an early cut. Switzer and Thomas will beat him out for the return gig. I think Thomas makes the cut. Thomas is going be a major sleeper at backup RB and special teams. Morris will also be a cap casualty. It is now time to ask Crawford to take a pay cut. He has to be one of the most over paid in the NFL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky looked bad last season. I look for him to be an early cut. Switzer and Thomas will beat him out for the return gig. I think Thomas makes the cut. Thomas is going be a major sleeper at backup RB and special teams. Morris will also be a cap casualty. It is now time to ask Crawford to take a pay cut. He has to be one of the most over paid in the NFL
I hope the other guys prove good enough to cut Lucky, but don't see him as an "early cut". Not much to gain from that and we don't know what we have yet with the others.

crawford's 2017 salary is now guaranteed so he won't likely be asked to restructure. Little we can do if he just says no

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I keep reading that Heath might be our other starting safety. :gaah:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The folks that are saying that, must not have watched him play, like ever!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dissatisfaction for Heath's play is well known and has been for a while. But, Don't be shocked if the team makes him the starter week 1. We have yet to see any of these kids play a snap with the Star on their helmet. They have to prove they can make the team, learn the defense and then earn PT. It obviously makes us a much better team if they can beat him out and hopefully they will immediately. It is nice to know that if nothing else Heath is the "floor" of what we should expect this year...or should I say basement??? We know there will be a rotation of some sort unless someone looks so good, that he and Jones won't come off the field. I'm hoping Frazier and Woods step up and earn the majority of the snaps and the guy from Buffalo outplays Heath for the last spot. I'm tired of guys that play poorly every year making the team and I feel comfortable that the other 3 will fill the STs role just fine. Maybe he finally steps up and If he is one of the 4 best he should make the team, but if he is one of the 4 best it may mean we still have a ways to go...:2cents:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on a one year deal for Vince Wolfork? I didn't really see him much last year and don't know if he will even play again. I know he can still clog a lane but anyone notice if he can still push a pocket? My reason to think maybe no to a guy like him is because I don't want to cut a player that may be here for 3 - 5 years for a one year guy, but on the other hand, he would change the dynamic of our DL if he can still play. Plus we do have a couple of guys that while perhaps good in a rotation are at least to some degree expendable. His last contract was 2 years and $9M so it would be for less than that. Not a cap issue at all.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The folks that are saying that, must not have watched him play, like ever!
Exactly. I don't mind him as an emergency back up, but not as a starter. Too slow.