• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Roster

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really happy with the Cowboys approach the last several years, this offseason is no different. In the past, Jerry would have restructured deals on 30+ Vets, extending them into their mid to late 30's, just to go spend $100 million on guys that weren't wanted by their former team. Extending Star players in their 20's is never going to hurt you, and they aren't signing big dollar contracts with FA's, they are signing bargains like they have the past few years, and appear to be willing to continue to build through the draft and resign their own, in other words, the right way. Maybe it pays off this year, maybe it doesn't, but this is an approach that is going to keep Dallas young and competitive for years and years. Bravo
And when we eventually turn the corner and finally get out from under our cap problem, which should happen now if Romo is cut or traded pre 6/1, we will be able to start spending again next year without crazy restructures.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does jerrah use a 2nd rounder on the Washington corner that just tore his achilles?? It would make sense. I. Want the obie guy from Connecticut with our 1st rounder. 6 foot 4 safety with 4.4 speed. The weak link is the secondary. We need to draft heavy on secondary players. 1st 3 rounds need to be DBs

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope tappers back is healed. I was impressed with his willingness to toss qbs around like rag dolls and how some of them were slow to get up

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does jerrah use a 2nd rounder on the Washington corner that just tore his achilles?? It would make sense. I. Want the obie guy from Connecticut with our 1st rounder. 6 foot 4 safety with 4.4 speed. The weak link is the secondary. We need to draft heavy on secondary players. 1st 3 rounds need to be DBs
I was ok with the Smith pick last year, because some were calling him a Junior Seau type talent...but only one injured 2nd rounder per decade please, LOL

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're going to use our second on a guy from Washington, I vote for Budda Baker. Football player through and through, reminds me of honey badger. Could be a slot or a safety, but you find a way to get him on the field in any case.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Daniel cost prohibitive?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Daniel cost prohibitive?
Probably, but more importantly he wants to start and he isn't going to back up a young kid like Dak that is going to be one of the best QBs in the league for about 10 years.:2cents:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy would a nice defensive signing make this snowy, icy, windy day in NY a lot nicer to deal with:hope:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I wish we would get involved with this Malcom Butler thing. Of course winning a ring isn't as big on his to do list. He is supposedly in New Orleans today

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Jonathan Cooper will be a quality starting guard and that Paea and Moore are solid members of the DLine rotation. I like the guys they are bringing in, and really like the price

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper if nothing else gives us some flexibility. He's not expected to start and going through camp with these guys could work wonders for him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Jonathan Cooper will be a quality starting guard and that Paea and Moore are solid members of the DLine rotation. I like the guys they are bringing in, and really like the price
Well we'll find out. I'm torn. He really hasn't ever done anything good at the NFL level, but he obviously had something that made everyone like him in the draft. Maybe he needed some time to get healthy and experienced.
He is in a perfect spot to get better now since he will have a full offseason with us, so it's all on him. I will say I'm really glad we resigned him because I think the risk reward is worth giving this guy a shot. If it doesn't work out you cut him, but maybe something clicks and he becomes a player

Jonathan Cooper - G - Cowboys
Cowboys re-signed OG Jonathan Cooper to a one-year contract.

Cut by the Patriots and Browns last season, Cooper signed with the Cowboys in January. In a best-case scenario, he'd develop as a replacement for Ronald Leary. In a worst-case scenario, he'd be cut loose in the early days of training camp. Cooper has provided very little reason for hope in four NFL seasons.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard we were really high on him in the draft. I was hoping we picked him up. I wouldn't bet against Smith Cooper Fred Martin Collins starting week 1. IMO our run blocking would be instantly improved if nothing else.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we'll find out. I'm torn. He really hasn't ever done anything good at the NFL level, but he obviously had something that made everyone like him in the draft. Maybe he needed some time to get healthy and experienced.
He is in a perfect spot to get better now since he will have a full offseason with us, so it's all on him. I will say I'm really glad we resigned him because I think the risk reward is worth giving this guy a shot. If it doesn't work out you cut him, but maybe something clicks and he becomes a player

Jonathan Cooper - G - Cowboys
Cowboys re-signed OG Jonathan Cooper to a one-year contract.

Cut by the Patriots and Browns last season, Cooper signed with the Cowboys in January. In a best-case scenario, he'd develop as a replacement for Ronald Leary. In a worst-case scenario, he'd be cut loose in the early days of training camp. Cooper has provided very little reason for hope in four NFL seasons.
I think the Cowboys downhill running scheme fits him much better than the schemes he's been in. Very cheap to boot, he has a lot to play for

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard we were really high on him in the draft. I was hoping we picked him up. I wouldn't bet against Smith Cooper Fred Martin Collins starting week 1. IMO our run blocking would be instantly improved if nothing else.

I wouldn't be so sure of that just yet. In 2016 the run blocking improved dramatically when Leary took over for Collins. Doug Free was a mess in pass protection, but has always been an above average run blocker. Now the Cowboys may want to try and incorporate Cooper into the mix? I think it is very much up in the air whether or not the run blocking is better or worse in 2017.

As an aside, everyone keeps riding Collins' jock like he has done something. I haven't seen it yet. Let's hope Collins turns it on in 2017, because his play so far has been mediocre. Looking forward to seeing what he can do at RT - I think that is where he winds up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about the Carroll deal this way made me like it more:
Jack Crawford was kind of a spare part here. I liked him and him played multiple positions and played hard, but he was never more than an extra guy to rotate in that played more than expected due to injuries. He and Carroll got basically the same contract. So even if Carroll is just a part time contributor he is worth what they gave him. If he starts and plays well it's a steal

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have faith in Collins, he's shown glimpses of dominance, just needs to put it together. Stay healthy, make it through a full camp and he'll be just fine.