• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 News & Transactions

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK where you heard that, but there's a TON of factors that make a Pence trade extremely unlikely.

The biggest obstacle being his 10/5 rights. I highly doubt he will agree to any trade. He loves it in SF, his wife is there, his home is right there in the city, he has totally embraced the SF lifestyle. Add in that he has made great friendships on the team and is a leader in the clubhouse.

Does this stop the Giants from putting out feelers? No. But even if there was a deal out there, Pence will not agree to it.
He won't be 10/5 until the deadline.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK where you heard that, but there's a TON of factors that make a Pence trade extremely unlikely.

The biggest obstacle being his 10/5 rights.

Technically, he doesn't have 10/5 rights (yet). But he does have a full no-trade in his contract, so it is immaterial.

Edit: oops. I didn't see the last post on the thread (it was on a new page!). Obviously, catching up on what was posted this week.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After one disastrous relief appearance and one equally disastrous start, the Mariners cut ties with Chris Heston and the Dodgers quickly grabbed him up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?!? Pujols wasn't available?
If Larry Kruger were the GM of the Giants, he would trade Shaw and Beede for Pujols right now. We need someone to protect Posey, and those greedy Giants owners don't need more profit.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Larry Kruger were the GM of the Giants, he would trade Shaw and Beede for Pujols right now. We need someone to protect Posey, and those greedy Giants owners don't need more profit.

The next good idea LK has will be his first. The dude is a complete tool.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next good idea LK has will be his first. The dude is a complete tool.
I can't stand either of those guys. Gary and Larry are both annoying AF blowhards. I prefer to listen to political talk than KNBR from 10-1. And political talk just pisses me off.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand either of those guys. Gary and Larry are both annoying AF blowhards. I prefer to listen to political talk than KNBR from 10-1. And political talk just pisses me off.

Once in a while, I will be driving during that time slot and listen to Rome. His act gets tired, but he does have some great interviews from time to time. I remember him from the Mighty 690 and broadcasting from "Dog on a Stick" back in the day. Dude has done well.

Agreed about Gary and Larry. They are awful.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For all the KNBR guys on the air, Gary Radnich puts me to sleep. He cannot make interesting sports conversation and rather than get into a good discussion with his callers, he cuts them off quickly with dumb responses. There were also times where he would talk about everything other than sports and suck up to certain callers. At least with LK, he keeps the discussions on sports and makes it somewhat interesting but I haven't listened to them in years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the KNBR guys on the air, Gary Radnich puts me to sleep. He cannot make interesting sports conversation and rather than get into a good discussion with his callers, he cuts them off quickly with dumb responses. There were also times where he would talk about everything other than sports and suck up to certain callers. At least with LK, he keeps the discussions on sports and makes it somewhat interesting but I haven't listened to them in years.
LK knows his football. I will give him that. I don't have any strong opinions about football, so he doesn't irk me on his takes there like he does with his takes on baseball.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even more so than most talk show hosts, Radnich is all "memememememememememe!" Nitwit.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more so than most talk show hosts, Radnich is all "memememememememememe!" Nitwit.
Years ago before LK was his partner, I was listening one day and his show sounded more like Howard Stern than a sports show. He was talking about Pamela Anderson and all this other stuff. He once said he didn't want to vote his audience with sports statistics and in depth sports analysis but his show is boring.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LK knows his football. I will give him that. I don't have any strong opinions about football, so he doesn't irk me on his takes there like he does with his takes on baseball.
I may disagree with LK, but at least he engages in decent sports conversation. I feel the same way about Bob Fitzgerald. He comes up with stupid stuff sometimes then flip flops his position on things

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may disagree with LK, but at least he engages in decent sports conversation. I feel the same way about Bob Fitzgerald. He comes up with stupid stuff sometimes then flip flops his position on things
I don't mind Fitz so much, except when he trolls the audience with his AL v NL rant, his pro-DH rant or his "bring in the fences" rant. I actually think Fitz and Brooks is the best show on KNBR.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Posey RBI!

A groundout was not exactly what I was expecting or hoping for, but he got a run in. Finally.
I understand his RBIs are few and far between, but is it really "news" worthy when he gets one?