• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 News & Transactions

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Fitz so much, except when he trolls the audience with his AL v NL rant, his pro-DH rant or his "bring in the fences" rant. I actually think Fitz and Brooks is the best show on KNBR.

They work really well together. They actually seem like they are pretty good friends and have good chemistry. I remember for a short period when Rick Barry was paired up with Rob Brooks. That was painful to listen to and they sounded really awkward together

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They work really well together. They actually seem like they are pretty good friends and have good chemistry. I remember for a short period when Rick Barry was paired up with Rob Brooks. That was painful to listen to and they sounded really awkward together
I never listened to that show. I have not lived in the BA since the early 90s, and iHeart has only been around about 5 years or so.

I live on iheart now, though...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never listened to that show. I have not lived in the BA since the early 90s, and iHeart has only been around about 5 years or so.

I live on iheart now, though...

I have been in the Central Valley since 2000 but KNBR does come in pretty good here unless you are parked in a garage or near high voltage power lines. I sometimes stream it in my car anyways. My son is going to Friday night's game. He is pretty excited. I might take him to a couple of games later in the season. If the Giants are out of it I suspect there will be a bigger supply of tickets on the open market and the price will come down.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No posts about Sam Dyson?

I like the move, personally. He's been disastrous this year, like EXTREMELY bad, please don't look at the numbers for the sake of the children. But a team that isn't competing, pretty solid pickup. This guy has been really good in the past. Throws hard, high 90s sinker, generates a ton of groundballs. The sinker velocity has been down this year, noticeably.

If he can get back to what he was, fantastic. If he can be a solid reliever, good because we have him through 2020. If he's broken, easy to cut ties.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No posts about Sam Dyson?

I like the move, personally. He's been disastrous this year, like EXTREMELY bad, please don't look at the numbers for the sake of the children. But a team that isn't competing, pretty solid pickup. This guy has been really good in the past. Throws hard, high 90s sinker, generates a ton of groundballs. The sinker velocity has been down this year, noticeably.

If he can get back to what he was, fantastic. If he can be a solid reliever, good because we have him through 2020. If he's broken, easy to cut ties.
I brought it up in today's GDT. Not many participating today, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heston was DFA'd by the dogs a few days back (I missed this tidbit). He was claimed by Minnesota, and I think is scheduled to pitch on Friday.

His 4th team this season.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heston was DFA'd by the dogs a few days back (I missed this tidbit). He was claimed by Minnesota, and I think is scheduled to pitch on Friday.

His 4th team this season.
4th team? I only count Mariners, Dodgers, Twins.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't to throw salt in the wounds or anything because it's good to be happy for players who reach the big leagues. Luis Castillo was traded for McGehee back in 2015. This year, Castillo will make his major league debut against the Nationals tomorrow night.

He has been excellent with the Reds in AA (was traded from Florida to Cincy this offseason (was also traded to San Diego but he was part of that scandal that San Diego wasn't releasing proper medicals on their players, so SD sent him back to Miami). Here are his numbers Luis Castillo Minor Leagues Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

He throws 100 with real nice control. Unfortunately when he was with the Giants, they only had him as a reliever, but immediately after the trade, the Marlins converted him to a starter and he hasn't skipped a beat, turning himself into a legit starter.

Don't be mad, don't be jealous, just be happy that the kid has worked out and is getting a shot.

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't to throw salt in the wounds or anything because it's good to be happy for players who reach the big leagues. Luis Castillo was traded for McGehee back in 2015. This year, Castillo will make his major league debut against the Nationals tomorrow night.

He has been excellent with the Reds in AA (was traded from Florida to Cincy this offseason (was also traded to San Diego but he was part of that scandal that San Diego wasn't releasing proper medicals on their players, so SD sent him back to Miami). Here are his numbers Luis Castillo Minor Leagues Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

He throws 100 with real nice control. Unfortunately when he was with the Giants, they only had him as a reliever, but immediately after the trade, the Marlins converted him to a starter and he hasn't skipped a beat, turning himself into a legit starter.

Don't be mad, don't be jealous, just be happy that the kid has worked out and is getting a shot.
If he pans out, do we call conspiracy on the Reds milking our prospects?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts, but the more our outgoing products do well, the more other teams want to deal with us...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts, but the more our outgoing products do well, the more other teams want to deal with us...
I liked it better when the outgoing prospects that I ranted about being traded ended up not working out for the new teams (not really, but long term, it does make the trades more palatable).

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it better when the outgoing prospects that I ranted about being traded ended up not working out for the new teams (not really, but long term, it does make the trades more palatable).

Speaking of which, while I'm sure his career is far from over, but Zack Wheeler has sure NOT turned out to be a super hot pitcher for the Mets : Zack Wheeler Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which, while I'm sure his career is far from over, but Zack Wheeler has sure NOT turned out to be a super hot pitcher for the Mets : Zack Wheeler Stats | Baseball-Reference.com
While not quite as bad, the 2017 Mets have been having a similar season to the Giants. I have a co-worker who's a Mets' fan and we commiserate every so often, although he was a bit happier than I was Monday morning. Hopefully, Wheeler can turn it around when he gets healthy.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants prospect Joan Gregorio tested positive for Stanozolol, an anabolic steroid, and is suspended for the remainder of 2017. That's really a big shame. Stanozolol is like 1A under banned substances, no excuses there really.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants prospect Joan Gregorio tested positive for Stanozolol, an anabolic steroid, and is suspended for the remainder of 2017. That's really a big shame. Stanozolol is like 1A under banned substances, no excuses there really.
:nono: