• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Playoffs

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're not sure you're drunk right now start drinking again immediately. That should balance everything out.
I will when I get off, I can't exactly drink at work when people are here, not a good look.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will when I get off, I can't exactly drink at work when people are here, not a good look.

Never thought of that, good point.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be flat out drunk if i drank 5 beers right now.

There was a point in under-grad where i could drink a 12 pack just to pre-game no-problem. I could barely even get drunk drinking beer- i would get full before i got drunk. lol.

Right there with ya. In my early 20's/Army days, I could drink beer like I was breathing air. Now? I'll buy a 6 pack every so often, and it takes me a good 2-3 weeks to drink them all. I go to a birthday party or wherever, I drink 4 or more and I am LIT for the rest of the evening, lol. I honestly barely ever drink.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stayed up playing Fifa with one of my boys until 4 am

I killed an 18 pack, plus 3 tall boys, I was 2 and half hours late for work and I'm pretty sure I"m still drunk.

Sounds like alcohol poisoning.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get a 40 oz and go into the restroom.....use one of the stalls, not a urinal.

Reactions: TJL

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a 40 oz and go into the restroom.....use one of the stalls, not a urinal.

Sub a 24oz can and I've actually done that at a previous job a few years ago.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right there with ya. In my early 20's/Army days, I could drink beer like I was breathing air. Now? I'll buy a 6 pack every so often, and it takes me a good 2-3 weeks to drink them all. I go to a birthday party or wherever, I drink 4 or more and I am LIT for the rest of the evening, lol. I honestly barely ever drink.

Smart man. It can be an expensive habit.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For your viewing pleasure on this Saturday I introduce to y'all.......NINJA KITTY!!!!

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn for a spilt second, i thought the cavs were eliminated already.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a serious question: Why are any of you even watching these Golden State games? My team got to the final 5, in any other sport you would at least think they had a chance to take the ring. But not the NBA, it's pro wrestling with the outcome determined last summer when Durant signed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a serious question: Why are any of you even watching these Golden State games?

For me, before I'm even a Lakers fan, I'm a basketball fan. I like good basketball played at a high level and that's what I'm seeing when I watch the Warriors.

I don't have to like the player, the team or pretty well knowing the outcome before the game even starts to still appreciate what I'm seeing.

Besides, would you stop watching if it were the Wizards doing what the Warriors are doing?

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, before I'm even a Lakers fan, I'm a basketball fan. I like good basketball played at a high level and that's what I'm seeing when I watch the Warriors.

I don't have to like the player, the team or pretty well knowing the outcome before the game even starts to still appreciate what I'm seeing.

Besides, would you stop watching if it were the Wizards doing what the Warriors are doing?

Thanks for the reply. Oh of course I would be watching if the Wizards were doing this, just as an Alabama football fan would watch all 4 quarters of their 79-0 thrashing of Vanderbilt. But why would the USC fan have any interest in watching that game?

To me the best thing about sports is you never know what's going to happen. We watch the Super Bowl because we understood that there was still a change the Giants could upset the undefeated Patriots. But in the NBA? The Warriors are the Harlem Globetrotters, great fun to watch but it's really not a sport when you know the outcome.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the reply. Oh of course I would be watching if the Wizards were doing this, just as an Alabama football fan would watch all 4 quarters of their 79-0 thrashing of Vanderbilt. But why would the USC fan have any interest in watching that game?

To me the best thing about sports is you never know what's going to happen. We watch the Super Bowl because we understood that there was still a change the Giants could upset the undefeated Patriots. But in the NBA? The Warriors are the Harlem Globetrotters, great fun to watch but it's really not a sport when you know the outcome.

For me, it's just enjoying the game in a different way. In it's own way, complete dominance is just as exciting as a close game that could go either way. But's it's a different type of excitement.

As a USC fan, I probably wouldn't be that interested in the Alabama/Vanderbilt game in your scenario, but that's because Vanderbilt is a perennial doormat who should get dominated by Bama.

But if they did that to a good team (like they did to my Trojans :L), like the Warriors have been doing to good teams, I would definitely watch that because of the level of play it takes to do that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a serious question: Why are any of you even watching these Golden State games? My team got to the final 5, in any other sport you would at least think they had a chance to take the ring. But not the NBA, it's pro wrestling with the outcome determined last summer when Durant signed.

I have no issues watching their games if I feel like it will be somewhat competitive but I stopped watching last night when it was 30-16 because I saw where that game was going without Leonard.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issues watching their games if I feel like it will be somewhat competitive but I stopped watching last night when it was 30-16 because I saw where that game was going without Leonard.

But that's just it, there was no reason to believe that game would be even close to competitive. In fact the entire NBA season was scripted when Durant signed. The regular season feels like preseason and the playoffs are just killing time until the inevitable GS/Cleveland matchup.

If you watch sports for a different reason than to see who will win well that's fine, your choice. But let's not pretend it's sports, it's an exhibition.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's just it, there was no reason to believe that game would be even close to competitive. In fact the entire NBA season was scripted when Durant signed. The regular season feels like preseason and the playoffs are just killing time until the inevitable GS/Cleveland matchup.

If you watch sports for a different reason than to see who will win well that's fine, your choice. But let's not pretend it's sports, it's an exhibition.

I mean I can see your point for the first 2 rounds but had Leonard not went down it would have been really interesting. Spurs are a good team and stealing HCA in game 1 changes everything. Likely means the Warriors would have needed 7 games if they wanted to advance to the finals. I did not see them winning 4 of 5 vs the Spurs with Lenonard in the lineup