• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else feel like Lavar was trying to steal the moment from his son being drafted last night?

I didn't see what Lavar did or said but I'll assume the answer to this is yes.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last couple of years? Where are you coming up with that bullsnot?
Because it's a fact... unlike your claim about Horford.
Heatles said:
You do realize that KD's only been on the Warriors for a year, don't you? Cleveland matched up well with Golden St. too, then they met in the playoffs. Regular season means dick, and I've seen the games between the Warriors and Celtics.

Again, you're not thinking objectively, because it's your team. That core puts you in line with Cleveland, and gives them a challenge, but I still don't see Boston taking down Golden St.
No need for us to get testy. We're really not that far apart if you stop a second and read what I actually wrote.

I concede that GS would still be the favorite, but I think Boston could go toe to toe with them and give them a series (6+ games).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all you've said -- but if it allows them to top Cleveland then it's potentially worth it. Remember when Durant got hurt at the end of the season and suddenly the Warriors didn't seem so invincible? If one of their players goes down, they're beatable. Now, do you build a team around the hope that the Warriors lose a player to injury? No. But I don't think you just throws your hands up and give up because the Warriors look invincible, either.

Look back two years. Curry got banged up and was not 100% in the playoffs. Cleveland exploited it and won the Finals. You can't just give up when you're close to the top of the mountain.

I agree. Having said that, when the Dubs lost Durant for 4-6 weeks, they hit an adjustment period but then went back to rolling over everyone.

The weak link in that potential lineup is actually IT.

I just don't see how he'd factor into a potential matchup in a series against Golden St. We saw how better the Celtics looked once he was out of the lineup - their defense kept them in it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No need for us to get testy. We're really not that far apart if you stop a second and read what I actually wrote.

I concede that GS would still be the favorite, but I think Boston could go toe to toe with them and give them a series (6+ games).

It's not a fact that Boston matches up well with the Warriors. The playoffs are a different animal. You sound similar to Bulls fans thinking they were going to beat Cleveland because they swept them in the regular season.

Cleveland had a generational talent along Kyrie and Kevin Love and still got embarrassed. I'm sorry, that lineup is not taking Golden St. 6+ games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as Horford goes, there were games, particularly against Washington where he was non-existent.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how soon before Lavar is the next HC of the Lakers?:noidea:

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how soon before Lavar is the next HC of the Lakers?:noidea:

Coaching is beneath him. I'm just wondering when he leverages BBB to purchase a majority stake in the Lakers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching is beneath him. I'm just wondering when he leverages BBB to purchase a majority stake in the Lakers.

I hope Lavar runs for prez-o-dent in 2020. His VP could be Kayne West.:gaah:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Horford goes, there were games, particularly against Washington where he was non-existent.
Horford had well-rounded games throughout that series and throughout the playoffs.

Al Horford

And I'll remind you, you claimed Horford was non-existent through most of the playoffs. Ridiculous.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any chance Boston trades IT?
@The Q would be in heaven.

I would be ok with it... but I doubt it happens. IT is due a big pay day, but has rather large issues due to his short height... particularly on defense. Other teams would be more enamored with the C's other assets, I think.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford had well-rounded games throughout that series and throughout the playoffs.

Al Horford

And I'll remind you, you claimed Horford was non-existent through most of the playoffs. Ridiculous.

Considering he's making well over $20 mil, those stat lines are embarrassing:

vs. Cle: 12.4 PPG 4.2 RPG 4.4 APG
vs. Was: 16.7 PPG 6.6 RPG 5.1 APG
vs. Chi: 15.3 PPG 8.5 RPG 6.5 APG

For someone who's a number 2 option and getting paid as much as he is, that's subpar. On top of that, his defense is mediocre. He's also on the wrong side of 30, so don't expect him to get better.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a fact that Boston matches up well with the Warriors.
Boston took two out of three games vs GS in both of the previous two seasons. It's the only measuring stick we have as to how these teams match up.
Heatles said:
The playoffs are a different animal.
Which I totally conceded, if you go back and reread what I wrote.
Heatles said:
You sound similar to Bulls fans thinking they were going to beat Cleveland because they swept them in the regular season.
Maybe a little... but Boston + PG + Hayward is a slightly (sarcasm on) better team than Chicago, so I don't sound quite so crazy IMO.
Heatles said:
Cleveland had a generational talent along Kyrie and Kevin Love and still got embarrassed. I'm sorry, that lineup is not taking Golden St. 6+ games.
Cleveland's a great team, and LeBron is the best of the game... but I would argue that they don't match up as well vs GS compared to Boston.

Match-ups matter.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he's making well over $20 mil, those stat lines are embarrassing:

vs. Cle: 12.4 PPG 4.2 RPG 4.4 APG
vs. Was: 16.7 PPG 6.6 RPG 5.1 APG
vs. Chi: 15.3 PPG 8.5 RPG 6.5 APG

For someone who's a number 2 option and getting paid as much as he is, that's subpar. On top of that, his defense is mediocre. He's also on the wrong side of 30, so don't expect him to get better.
Those are good numbers, man. Even if you think they're not: Like many folks... you look for gaudy stats and fail to appreciate what Horford brings to the table... he's a great cog in a modern offense and a team leader.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q would be in heaven.

I would be ok with it... but I doubt it happens. IT is due a big pay day, but has rather large issues due to his short height... particularly on defense. Other teams would be more enamored with the C's other assets, I think.

Yup.

Get more picks (in case the ping pong gods continue to frown on you) and give yourself either more chances or success or more options to move up.

They need the Bamba

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are good numbers, man. Even if you think they're not: Like many folks... you look for gaudy stats and fail to appreciate what Horford brings to the table... he's a great cog in a modern offense and a team leader.

I just can't believe he's not a better rebounder than that.