• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WiggyRuss was last seen:

Yesterday at 4:42 PM

#KowarD

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has plenty of other things to occupy his thoughts I'm sure, like why he will never be viewed as a true champion.

By whom?
OKC fans who don't believe in FA?

The man had to make a move to up his chances of winning rings or would have ended up in the same situation James was in before coming to Miami.

#noasterikneeded

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Indio last week - it was 120 degrees - I felt sorry for all of those farm workers out in that hot sun working while I was driving in my brand new air conditioned For Taurus:lol:

Indio was 115 a few weeks ago when I stopped to get gas before getting to my dad's.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By whom?
OKC fans who don't believe in FA?

The man had to make a move to up his chances of winning rings or would have ended up in the same situation James was in before coming to Miami.

#noasterikneeded

By any true fan of the game. Everyone knows what he did, some have no problem turning their head and acting like he really achieved sonething. Others do not however, and it's not just Thunder fans.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By any true fan of the game. Everyone knows what he did, some have no problem turning their head and acting like he really achieved sonething. Others do not however, and it's not just Thunder fans.

You guys should get over it. At least that's what you told Heat fans when Lebron left Miami.

KD's a champ. It's a pill you're going to have to learn to swallow. Wonder what happens when Westbrook eventually dips out on OKC.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Report: Russell Westbrook could land on trading block if he rejects OKC extension
Westbrook is under contract next season, but has a player option for 2018-19

It's called BUSINESS.
People/fans better learn to see the difference.
His one window of opportunity was last summer because of the Curry contract.
Owners do whats best for them all the time.

Example, Durant has seen a multi billionaire allow a team to leave Seattle over what amounts to peanuts for him.
He saw Harden traded because of an owner not wanting to pay luxury tax.
He also saw James move to a loaded team and start winning ring(s).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should get over it. At least that's what you told Heat fans when Lebron left Miami.

KD's a champ. It's a pill you're going to have to learn to swallow. Wonder what happens when Westbrook eventually dips out on OKC.

Cue my last post.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Russell Westbrook could land on trading block if he rejects OKC extension
Westbrook is under contract next season, but has a player option for 2018-19

It's called BUSINESS.
People/fans better learn to see the difference.
His one window of opportunity was last summer because of the Curry contract.
Owners do whats best for them all the time.

Example, Durant has seen a multi billionaire allow a team to leave Seattle over what amounts to peanuts for him.
He saw Harden traded because of an owner not wanting to pay luxury tax.
He also saw James move to a loaded team and start winning ring(s).

They stick up for Westbrook because he's the only elite player left on OKC's roster. I don't blame Durant for leaving at all. They had 4 core players that could've carried them to a dynasty and won multiple titles. But ownership wanted to get cheap.

Harden: Harden wanted the max and ownership offered a contract that would've kept them just below the luxury tax. The difference was a few million per year. They shipped him out for 3 quarters on the dollar. The best player that OKC got in that trade was Kevin Martin, whom I'm not sure is in the league anymore

Ibaka: Ownership basically traded him for Oladipo who's been somewhat of a disappointment given the lottery pick he came in as. They basically saw that Ibaka's contract was up and rather then negotiate with him, trade him off for smaller parts.

KD would've been an idiot to stay in OKC. He's clearly the better player between the two - better defender, perimeter shooter and ball handler, along with attitude. Outside of the OT loss to Memphis, there was no issues with Durant fitting into the Warriors offense as he adjusted quickly.

Westbrook meanwhile is a stat stuffer, that's it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WiggyRuss was last seen:

Yesterday at 4:42 PM

#KowarD

The bestest thing wiggywack can do is find a different site to spew his overly homeristic gibberish. If he ever shows up in the NBA threads he's gonna get what's coming to him, and rightfully so.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They stick up for Westbrook because he's the only elite player left on OKC's roster. I don't blame Durant for leaving at all. They had 4 core players that could've carried them to a dynasty and won multiple titles. But ownership wanted to get cheap.

Harden: Harden wanted the max and ownership offered a contract that would've kept them just below the luxury tax. The difference was a few million per year. They shipped him out for 3 quarters on the dollar. The best player that OKC got in that trade was Kevin Martin, whom I'm not sure is in the league anymore

Ibaka: Ownership basically traded him for Oladipo who's been somewhat of a disappointment given the lottery pick he came in as. They basically saw that Ibaka's contract was up and rather then negotiate with him, trade him off for smaller parts.

KD would've been an idiot to stay in OKC. He's clearly the better player between the two - better defender, perimeter shooter and ball handler, along with attitude. Outside of the OT loss to Memphis, there was no issues with Durant fitting into the Warriors offense as he adjusted quickly.

Westbrook meanwhile is a stat stuffer, that's it.

Bingo!

Russ might opt to stay in OKC. But, are you sure it is just about loyalty? I am not. He was gone if KD signed long term. No way to know for sure, but I would bet on it. He wanted his own team, and he got it. Individual accolades matter a bit too much to him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere wiggy is bitching that LeBron didn't win the MVP award.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair they have very good NBA reporters. Spears, Stein, Lowe, and now Woj

Not sure about Spears and Lowe but Stein was on the list of layoffs that were reported. He'll eventually be gone.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo!

Russ might opt to stay in OKC. But, are you sure it is just about loyalty? I am not. He was gone if KD signed long term. No way to know for sure, but I would bet on it. He wanted his own team, and he got it. Individual accolades matter a bit too much to him.

He seemed pretty content on averaging a triple double and winning league MVP, despite his team getting bounced out of the first round. Westbrook will soon start getting the ringless knocks on him like KD did. Once those start......