• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Draft

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo,

@FaCe-LeE-uS @ATL96Steeler Have you heard anything on this kid.....
Steelers are taking a hard look at him.

Steelers might have found super sleeper QB at Temple pro day

His name came up a lot last year, but they are again looking into him....

Never heard of him, but based on the NFL.com scouting report, he will get a look, maybe not as a draft pick. On the surface he seems to have some Weintz like qualities but not nearly as polished, lacks some arm strength. I'd be willing to give him a shot, but I can we trust Fichtner/Haley/Tomlin to coach him up? IDK to be honest.

NFL Draft Participants - NFL.com Mobile

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo,

@FaCe-LeE-uS @ATL96Steeler Have you heard anything on this kid.....
Steelers are taking a hard look at him.

Steelers might have found super sleeper QB at Temple pro day

His name came up a lot last year, but they are again looking into him....

Never heard of him, but based on the NFL.com scouting report, he will get a look, maybe not as a draft pick. On the surface he seems to have some Weintz like qualities but not nearly as polished, lacks some arm strength. I'd be willing to give him a shot, but I can we trust Fichtner/Haley/Tomlin to coach him up? IDK to be honest.
NFL Draft Participants - NFL.com Mobile

Haven't heard of him either. I think the biggest problem to bringing in new talent has been the presence of Landry Jones. The hard-on these coaches have for him has never left room for anyone to have any possible shot. Bryn Renner (2016), Dustin Vaughan (2016), Tajh Boyd (2015), Brandon Kay (2014), even Zach Mettenberger... Lots of good talent that had great college careers, but none were given more than a single quarter or 2 in the preseason to prove themselves because Landry was busy eating up all the 2nd & 3rd team reps. This Temple kid looks like more of the same camp bodies as years past. Guess it will depend heavily on whether they resign Landry or not, because Mett isn't going anywhere next year. Obviously anyone will have a good shot at competing for QB3, but even a 1st Rd pick probably wouldn't be able to crack the QB2 spot if Landry sticks around.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard of him either. I think the biggest problem to bringing in new talent has been the presence of Landry Jones. The hard-on these coaches have for him has never left room for anyone to have any possible shot. Bryn Renner (2016), Dustin Vaughan (2016), Tajh Boyd (2015), Brandon Kay (2014), even Zach Mettenberger... Lots of good talent that had great college careers, but none were given more than a single quarter or 2 in the preseason to prove themselves because Landry was busy eating up all the 2nd & 3rd team reps. This Temple kid looks like more of the same camp bodies as years past. Guess it will depend heavily on whether they resign Landry or not, because Mett isn't going anywhere next year. Obviously anyone will have a good shot at competing for QB3, but even a 1st Rd pick probably wouldn't be able to crack the QB2 spot if Landry sticks around.

Just goes to show that the scouting department has always known what they're doing... It's just the coaches that are getting in the way. The love affair with Landry Jones en sech.

Yea, I aint understanding this butt-fuck affair with Jones at all!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I aint understanding this butt-fuck affair with Jones at all!!!!
Colbert & Tomlin have treated the kid like he's the prodigal son of Pittsburgh. Always giving him the benefit of the doubt even though he has been stinking up the place for 4-5 years now. He has flashed some competency, but its the same story every year in training camps, and that's of Landry having yet another horrible offseason. I can't tell you how many articles I have read of local media knocking Landry every camp. But still somehow he has always been considered the future backup for Ben. I admit I do like how loyal the Steelers can be, but occasionally I think it is their downfall. Can you imagine how bad things would be if Ben hung it up earlier than expected?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colbert & Tomlin have treated the kid like he's the prodigal son of Pittsburgh. Always giving him the benefit of the doubt even though he has been stinking up the place for 4-5 years now. He has flashed some competency, but its the same story every year in training camps, and that's of Landry having yet another horrible offseason. I can't tell you how many articles I have read of local media knocking Landry every camp. But still somehow he has always been considered the future backup for Ben. I admit I do like how loyal the Steelers can be, but occasionally I think it is their downfall. Can you imagine how bad things would be if Ben hung it up earlier than expected?

I can only respond with the words of a once great player, and I will throw in my favorite descriptor......

"Fuckin Cheerleader"

:lol:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree.

Guys like Patrick Mahommes, Josuha Dobbs might give them a legit option behind Ben, aside from Landry, but that would mean a lot higher pick I think.

Some Steeler fans are talking about this kid in a good way. From what I'm reading, they might be onto something.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind the Cheerleader comments, but this one was a little over the top... Knocking the coaches is one thing, but to knock a franchise HOF player and owner of every Steelers QB record makes him sound like a jealous bitch.... Juss sayin

Terry Bradshaw calls Ben Roethlisberger talking retirement a 'pity move'

I heard snipets of this.....
1) Bradshaw works for FOX.... what do you expect
2) Bradshaw is still pissy because Ben is not breaking his records, he is shattering them
3) Bradshaw has no room to talk about anyones retirement. If he would of called it quits instead of thinking he still had something maybe he wouldn't of blown out his elbow twice in the same year.
4) The Steelers made Bradshaw, he sure as fuck didn't make the Steelers.

Fuck him, Ben is and always will be 10 X the QB he ever was!!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind the Cheerleader comments, but this one was a little over the top... Knocking the coaches is one thing, but to knock a franchise HOF player and owner of every Steelers QB record makes him sound like a jealous bitch.... Juss sayin

Terry Bradshaw calls Ben Roethlisberger talking retirement a 'pity move'
Has anyone read the bio on Chuck Noll? In that book the author mentions how after each season Bradshaw would say he's not coming back. After one season he said this and Lambert says he said that shit again! He'll be back or I'll drag his ass back!!! So, my point is that Bradshaw is an expert on pity moves.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) Bradshaw is still pissy because Ben is not breaking his records, he is shattering them
3) Bradshaw has no room to talk about anyones retirement. If he would of called it quits instead of thinking he still had something maybe he wouldn't of blown out his elbow twice in the same year.

Not only that but according to the bio on Noll, Bradshaw didn't even bother to tell the team or Noll that his elbow was sore and he was having trouble throwing.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that but according to the bio on Noll, Bradshaw didn't even bother to tell the team or Noll that his elbow was sore and he was having trouble throwing.

Of coarse he wasn't going to tell anyone.....His fat fuckin ego wouldn't allow that.

His dumbass still thought he had one more run in him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All good points... #4 is definitely the biggest thing he seems to forget.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bradshaw is and always will be a Steeler, but he's basically acting like a bitch.

Jimmy Johnson didn't leave Dallas on great terms, but you never hear him bashing the organization in the media. Howie Long's Raiders can't figure out shit since he left. You would think he'd have plenty of ammunition if he wanted to fire away...he doesn't. Aikman can be slightly critical of the Cowboys when he's calling a game, but he's not trying to carve them up and they've stunk for a long time until recently.

I'm all for free speech, calling a spade a spade, but when you're a part of the media, you're now a professional analyst or whatever...act like a professional.

Bradshaw is just acting like a scorned bitch. No other way to put it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradshaw is and always will be a Steeler, but he's basically acting like a bitch.

Jimmy Johnson didn't leave Dallas on great terms, but you never hear him bashing the organization in the media. Howie Long's Raiders can't figure out shit since he left. You would think he'd have plenty of ammunition if he wanted to fire away...he doesn't. Aikman can be slightly critical of the Cowboys when he's calling a game, but he's not trying to carve them up and they've stunk for a long time until recently.

I'm all for free speech, calling a spade a spade, but when you're a part of the media, you're now a professional analyst or whatever...act like a professional.

Bradshaw is just acting like a scorned bitch. No other way to put it.
Exactly, a scorned bitch is the perfect explanation. The man claims to have no ill-will towards the team but he wastes little time throwing them under the bus every chance he gets.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought dawned on me recently... the 2013 draft class is coming very close to being obsolete

1. Jarvis Jones: UFA
2. Le'Veon Bell: UFA (possible franchise tag)
3. Markus Wheaton: UFA
4a. Shamarko Thomas: UFA
4b. Landry Jones: UFA
5. Terry Hawthorne: CFL (last NFL stint was on the Cardinals PS)
6a. Justin Brown: FA (last NFL stint was with the Bills in '15, reached injury settlement)
6b. Vince Williams: Signed through 2018
7. Nicholas Williams: Currently playing for the Dolphins

There is a strong possibility that only 2-3 players from this draft class will be left next season. Bell, Landry & V-Will. JJ & Wheaton are only worth it for minimum contract deals, but replaceable. Not exactly a bad fallout when you compare it to the 1 player left from the 2012 draft (DeCastro).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought dawned on me recently... the 2013 draft class is coming very close to being obsolete

1. Jarvis Jones: UFA
2. Le'Veon Bell: UFA (possible franchise tag)
3. Markus Wheaton: UFA
4a. Shamarko Thomas: UFA
4b. Landry Jones: UFA
5. Terry Hawthorne: CFL (last NFL stint was on the Cardinals PS)
6a. Justin Brown: FA (last NFL stint was with the Bills in '15, reached injury settlement)
6b. Vince Williams: Signed through 2018
7. Nicholas Williams: Currently playing for the Dolphins

There is a strong possibility that only 2-3 players from this draft class will be left next season. Bell, Landry & V-Will. JJ & Wheaton are only worth it for minimum contract deals, but replaceable. Not exactly a bad fallout when you compare it to the 1 player left from the 2012 draft (DeCastro).
Colbert's retention under Tomlin's tenure:

2007 (7 total picks): 2 remain (Timmons, Gay)
2008 (7 total picks): 0 remain
2009 (9 total picks): 1 remains (D-Johnson)
2010 (10 total picks): 2 remain (Pouncey, Brown)
2011 (7 total picks): 2 remain (Heyward, Gilbert)
2012 (9 total picks): 1 remains (DeCastro)
2013 (9 total picks): Anywhere from 2-5 could remain after March (JJ, Bell, Wheaton, Jones, V-Will) Lets say 3.
2014 (9 total picks): 4 remain (Shazier, Tuitt, Bryant, McCullers)
2015 (8 total picks): 6 remain (Dupree, Golson, Coates, James, Walton, Chickillo)
2016 (7 total picks): 6 remain (Burns, Davis, Hargrave, Hawkins, Ayers, Matakevich)

Tallying up the numbers... Out of 82 draft picks, 27 remain... 33% retention... 27 drafted players makes up 50.1% of the 53-man roster. Not too shabby. I can forgive the '08 & '09 fiascoes with how well they have been drafting over the last 6-7 years ('12 was a bit of a blunder too).

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone read the bio on Chuck Noll? In that book the author mentions how after each season Bradshaw would say he's not coming back. After one season he said this and Lambert says he said that shit again! He'll be back or I'll drag his ass back!!! So, my point is that Bradshaw is an expert on pity moves.

Sorry guys, I forgot reason #5

#5, he still has yet to spell "C-A-T" even after he was spotted the C and the T!!!!

:suds: