• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it's a mistake to bring up Mondesi right now. Against ML pitchers in ST his numbers were not great, and his K:BB ratio is 12:1. I understand AAA isn't important for hitters generally but this has not been a prospect who has lit the world on fire offensively and could use time in AAA to settle in, and see those ML'ers in more sparing time; even if just for a month or two. Additionally, the Royals can net an extra year of control potentially. I love Mondesi, I am just worried the Royals are setting him up to fail like they did Alex Gordon years ago.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Dougplayer telling fantasy tales about his Tigers. He's a homer just like me. He's off base but maybe so am I cuz my heart says the Royals win 90 games this year. Keep dreaming Doug.

LOL. Yep....Keep dreaming, or smoking, doug. What's your prediction for Verlander? 28-2? With Ausmus costing JV the two loses? And Miggy? Falling short of .400 due to infected pubic hair he told no one about?

BTW...doug claims he is not a ''homer''. He spells it with a 'g'.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers. 88 .....go with the over. It's a lock

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing from doug....anyone could fart a better argument than he does.

Doug....what strength do the Tigers have that you think will get them to 88 wins? Their hitting? Same group of guys they had from last year, minus one of their best hitter from 2016...Cameron Maybin. The rotation is a question mark with Zimmermann and some young arms. The bullpen looks VERY shaky. Tigers don't look like a bad team....but where do you think they "break out" to win 88 games?

Go think on it doug....write down an answer...and tell us your thoughts.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heart. Better starting pitching

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it's a mistake to bring up Mondesi right now. Against ML pitchers in ST his numbers were not great, and his K:BB ratio is 12:1. I understand AAA isn't important for hitters generally but this has not been a prospect who has lit the world on fire offensively and could use time in AAA to settle in, and see those ML'ers in more sparing time; even if just for a month or two. Additionally, the Royals can net an extra year of control potentially. I love Mondesi, I am just worried the Royals are setting him up to fail like they did Alex Gordon years ago.
Agreed. Put Whit and Colon both on the roster and Mondesi back to Omaha for now.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russo picked Tiggers over Mets in 7 for the WS. Drunk guido.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heart. Better starting pitching

1. I'll agree, Tigers SHOULD have better rotation IF Zimmermann is healthy.

2. Drop the HEART stuff. It is old now. Find another word, if you want. Tigers never had heart. You use that word for a team that fought back and won something - anything. They didn't.

3. Vegas has Tigers at 28/1 to win WS. Behind about 10 other teams. Less than 2% of the money taken in on WS bets is being put on Detroit...not good.

4. Looks like 2 of your teams - Pistons and Red Wings - will be growing mushrooms in their respective cellars at season's ends.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Over on 88. Bet it heavy and often.remember. the early line was 84 games for tigers. I just set the lone 4 games !! And told you to take the over. Clip and paste this post. Then come tell daddy I mailed it right before the season

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with out JD. Tigers come north ready to whip ass. Start in chicago....easy wins to start. Jump on for the big win

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as always, I have saved my predictions for the last day of Spring Training. Just a reminder, last season's prediction of 86 wins for the Tigers was dead on. Here goes.

TIGERS:

The Detroit Tigers will go 83-79, finishing in third place. They have great top-tier players, ho-hum next level players, and still no depth in the minor leagues. With an aging core, injuries are likely and they have little margin for error. More than two serious DL stints by a star player, and they are done. The bullpen, which was not very good last year, has no significant changes. It will be interesting to see how long they hold out on bringing up Joe Jimenez.

AL CENTRAL FINISH:

1. Cleveland -- Easily the best team, and they got better with the return of Brantley and the additions of Encarnacion and Boone Logan.

2. Kansas City -- I have them finishing a game or two ahead of Detroit.

3. Detroit

4. Chicago

5. Minnesota