• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord this team can’t protect a lead. If the game was 5 mins longer I am 100% positive they lose it in regulation. When Boyle came back the team did seem to lose a little something or it could be the combo of teams figuring us out or team getting tired.

When have you ever seen a team pull the goalie down a goal with 3 mins left? Countless times this year 5on5 we get pinned in the zone I wonder if teams pick up on this trend.

Boyle blows and shouldn’t be on the team double so even when mojo comes back. Just no need for him Coleman and gibbons fly out there they took his spot.

Nico needs to hit the weight room and get some conditioning the kid is always out there gasping for air it seems. I haven’t watched a single flyer game is Patrick this gassed too? The defense will be the downfall of this team combined with Hynes. I believe zacha had 9 mins last night? And brat had 11? Wtf is that
We lost something for sure... definitely a few games ago too... i would throw in Zajac too for some finger pointing. the reply would be oh he's just getting back into game form etc... while true but it also supports if his in game play/performance/ability is also hindering us.

But again the offense has been a bit stall-ish pre-Zajac return as well. Definitely a lineup change has its influence, would definitely combine our fatigue and teams(perhaps) found a way to neutralize us....

Nico is definitely getting gassed, it's too noticiable... a healthy scratch would help him to recover and aid in his stamina. He's only 18 playing at the "elite" level too... reality is reality....

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sucks with Palms. That’s going to be tough. Damn.
Hockey players, most of them, are tough as hell. I would have never guessed he broke his leg last game.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious??? 11 shoot outs and only one goal... just wow.... Noticed everyone didn't even try and roof it, it was all head fakes and try to slip the puck past... you would think after the first 5 to 6 fails, they would have tried something different.... and Nico didn't even get a shot off.... come on devils... we are just giving points away... How many OT loses is that now.... at least a 4 or 5 point swing this year I bet

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Happy Thanksgiving!
Yea pathetic shootout with the exception of Hall.
Nico has to expect that pokecheck in the future. Way too casual although he was looking to drag that puck back I believe.
Boyle and Zajac didn’t even look like they tried. Reminded me of your first shot attempt during warmups where you usually half ass a shot to get goalie warmed up by shooting directly at him.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow we held on to a lead!

Hall is playing on a completely different level right now. 3 point night, 24 points in 21 games, threw a huge open ice hit, creating chances constantly, better than advertised.

Nico played really well, Zacha also looked much better in this game.

Boyle scoring on Hockey Fights Cancer night was icing on the cake.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow we held on to a lead!

Hall is playing on a completely different level right now. 3 point night, 24 points in 21 games, threw a huge open ice hit, creating chances constantly, better than advertised.

Nico played really well, Zacha also looked much better in this game.

Boyle scoring on Hockey Fights Cancer night was icing on the cake.

Yeah, really enjoyable game overall. They stumbled after the double minor no-call when Wood got hit in the face, but actually found their stride before letting Vancouver tie it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall with 2 more points tonight, unreal. We did blow a 2 goal lead in the third, need to close these out in regulation. Won it in Overtime though, so all is good. Getting a W with Kinkaid in net is always nice as well.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have no idea why woods or other forwards weren’t used in the shootout the other night. Severson? Butcher? Wtf

But getting points is the most important thing. Only 4 games this year the devils didn’t get a point that’s insanely huge!

Hall is playing on a mission he’s impossible to knock off the puck almost at kovy level. That trade was highway robbery.

Just noticed the devils have a home and home against the jackets after this week and then follow up with the rangers o man that’s a huge three games.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I can be a downer for a moment, despite how well we've been doing we're barely ahead of teams. Blue Jackets one point back, Isles 2 points back, we have games in hand on Pens and Caps but they're I believe 5 points back and believe it or not Rangers only 6 back. A 5 game losing streak could sink us, need to keep this pace.

Luckily the Atlantic sucks but still, no room for let downs.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I noticed that too with the standings. Its very close. 6 points at this time of the year is nothing.
Bright side, I don't think many of us expected the team to be where it is in the standings with November pretty much over. 2 points behind TB? 3 points behind the first overall in league Blues with a game in hand?
Also, team has had some key injuries.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the 3 on 3 at all. It's not hockey as far as I'm concerned. But as long as the NHL continues to use it, the Devils have the skill to win a lot of games in OT.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The devils haven’t played many conference let alone division games. Which means they are all stacked in the back half of the season 3 huge ones next week will definitely propel or put this team in a hole.

I don’t mind the 3on3 I just don’t like teams that circle around or leave the zone after willingly after they gain it. They would never do that in a real 5on5 game. Shootouts just no thrill in it

Stupid they play 60mins for a point and then only play 5 mins for another? That’s some insane percentage of time/reward. Honestly the nhl needs to make it 3pts for regulation win 2pts for overtime or shootout and the other team gets 1. Way too often I’m even saying just get the point tied with 5mins left as opposed to saying go get that third point with 5 mins left. Players aren’t thinking the sa,e thing?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that too with the standings. Its very close. 6 points at this time of the year is nothing.
Bright side, I don't think many of us expected the team to be where it is in the standings with November pretty much over. 2 points behind TB? 3 points behind the first overall in league Blues with a game in hand?
Also, team has had some key injuries.
Yea it caught up to us. The missed "win opportunities" plus the win streaks of the teams behind really created some progress. Everyone behind us is playing well and we've regressed in offense IMO.

But the big matches are coming and its time to get the quality wins right now. Send a message!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall with 2 more points tonight, unreal. We did blow a 2 goal lead in the third, need to close these out in regulation. Won it in Overtime though, so all is good. Getting a W with Kinkaid in net is always nice as well.
these late game collapses are hurting us. We need to seal the deal when we can. Give a break to our(theirs) legs from all these OTs...

Hall is playing like a beast! great for him

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
who knew the oilers succeeding last year would've helped us so much this year. thanks conor

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sadly, a lot of fans predicted the loss last night.... no bueno.

No bueno how we started, how we played....

I can't help with the knee jerk but the offense isn't as smooth or fast anymore... is it the Mojo n Pal absence? or the additions of two slower Cs? or combo both?

I luv Hall beasting but now i see a bit too much iso play but I'm ok with it for now.

Nico needs to fire the mother fucking puck more lol.....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's game was unacceptable. Team was invisible until the third, didn't even show up. Nico's Soirée, great cause, can't wait until it's over and he can focus on playing better.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if there was ever a trap game it was the panthers game. shame too because that would've given us a 3 point lead the jackets.

team finally showed up in the third and took over the game but cory let them down. if they put that effort in for the entire game its an easy 5-2 win

can't wait for mojo to be back