• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
boyle is physically a lot bigger then the guys on the ice. i know we are a "smallish" team but it's even more obvious when hes out there

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boyle is physically a lot bigger then the guys on the ice. i know we are a "smallish" team but it's even more obvious when hes out there
It was almost comical when Deb Placey interviewed him between periods. With his skates on he's got to be almost 2 feet taller than her

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what kind of penalty killer Hayes is but would love to see him and Boyle as a PK unit, with their combined reach they could take up half the zone.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm really liking the build up of this team. i wasn't a fan of hayes but i think if you can push him down to the 3rd/4th line in games against big or aggressive teams him and boyle will certainly prove their worth

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Hall n Co. get theirs tonight. Edmonton not off to a fast start so lets strike them with an ice spear from the wights!!!!!

or Devils....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D getting exposed against legit weapons. Completely outmatched when McDavid is on the ice. Reminds me of the Caps game.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team reminds me a bit of that 2007(?) Devils team that almost lost to Vinny L and St.Louis in the first round. They had one line that completely outmatched our D, they almost singlehandedly beat us. This is good though, shows what we need.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salvaged a point from Calgary... it's ok, can't be too this or that after our surprising start.

These are the bumps we were expecting and more to follow as the season progress.

Lots of hockey, learning and excitement to go!

Hall is revving up to another gear. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alberta is always tough for us. Blues on Tuesday is another good team, let's put this losing streak to an end.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well where to begin?

first off the team is injured big time. no mojo palm those are two huge top 6 forwards we are missing.

that being said i think the team got outplayed in vancouver but cory bailed them out big time which is fine that stuff happens.

edmonton they got outplayed for the first half of the game and they got their legs on the 2nd half of the game. cory gave up that super cheap goal to make it 3-2 and that deflated the team. no powerplays either really hurt them.

calgary i think they played them better but still you can't be giving up 4 goals to that bad of a team. they had so many chances to put them away too. nico all alone in front LIFT the puck please! your suppose to be the finisher roof it man. woods on the penalty shot had the right idea and move but fired it wide but he lifted it.

then the shootout? hall gets right on top of the goalie and puts it into his pad. bratt again into the pad. stafford lifts it up! two flames goal roof shots. just dont get it.

not a fan of the 3on3 overtime when they pass it back or take it out of the zone after they gain it. more and more teams are doing it and honestly if i'm a coach i would just have my guys sit back at the blue line dont pressure them or chase the puck no point in it

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did question Hall going for the penalty shootout only because he was clearly gassed by the end of OT.... that would be my quip about the shootout.

I now like the 3 on 3... its scary and i like it. It's sudden death afterall. Now if it was implemented into the playoffs, well, that be something...(not favoring for that change, maybe 4 on 4 after 2 OTs?)

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Cup... not a fan of the 3 v 3 in OT... 4 v 4 was fine... but this 3 v 3 I see alot of the skating out to regroup.... even under the slightest pressure.... It kind of looks like teams are trying to play for the shootout... At least we got a point out of it.... Lets hope they rebound Tues night. But, still fun to watch... love that speed... Nico needs to better his shot, but that will come in time... other than that... hes playing pretty solid....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hayes at the end, looks like he's ready to pounce.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the end of last night's game but a shootout loss is what it is, which is why I'm glad they don't happen as often with 3v3. Not only that, but those 3 in a row western Canada trips aren't easy for any east coast team not used to that type of travel. I'll take 3 of 6 points for this when it doesn't happen but once or twice a season.

A lot of people have brought up how the Devils started 9-3-3 last year before the wheels fell off. But this is definitely not the same team as last year, not by a long shot. Much faster, younger, and more scoring ability. I still don't expect them to be among the top 3-4 teams in the league by season's end, but based on what I see, I do expect to see them competing in the playoffs come spring.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i saw that stat about 9-3-3 and really surprised i didn't remember the team starting that good last year.

in a way you have to be glad they are getting the injuries out of the way now and not in the heart of the season. losing palm now and still getting 3 points out of 6 is nice. losing him in feb would hurt bigly.

big game tonight really hope they can beat the blues they are legit cup team