• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I went to the game last night. FIrst off wow the new scoreboard is insane I had no idea a board could be that big in an arena.

This team has heart and you can see it. Hall is on a mission to this team to the playoffs he was pumped after that ppg last night.

The pk has slowly turned it around and you gotta love the chances they are getting going the other way. What’s so great about these rookies is one will go off and then another one a different night.

Downside. Too many stupid penalties some are bad calls in general but you can’t be taking any chances. They are going to get burned sooner or later. Another negative is the ability to finish a game. Wtf two games in a row they get pinned with the goalie out. Boyle and zajac returning will fix that and the pk 10000%. Here’s the question who comes out? My first thought would be bratt but he’s just like a mini spark plug out there that can pop for 3pts. Gibbons? Coleman? That fourth line is solid wood? I really like what he brings and you can’t replace that speed.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question on who comes out. I'm guessing Gibbons will be odd man out.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's just one what about zajac comes back

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah Boyle will be eased back a game then maybe two off type deal

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbons leads us in goals.... lol i can't say I would actively vote to move him.

Boyle may need to be a healthy scratch for the time being cuz we're playing well right now, why disrupt that?

Bratt ain't moving, he can't.

Coleman would be a name to move..... idk who the other would be?

Everyone is having a positive impact for the most part.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
gibbons can't keep this pace up so hes an obvious choice but until that happens you keep rolling with him.

nosen and coleman would be the next two that i would take out. leave boyle on the fourth and someone gets bumped down when zajac comes back. i really like what woods brings to the game hes that x factor guy that you want to get dirty and the speed. coleman and gibbons are just pleasant surprises

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gibbons can't keep this pace up so hes an obvious choice but until that happens you keep rolling with him.

nosen and coleman would be the next two that i would take out. leave boyle on the fourth and someone gets bumped down when zajac comes back. i really like what woods brings to the game hes that x factor guy that you want to get dirty and the speed. coleman and gibbons are just pleasant surprises
that's fair about the pace, but like you mentioned next, til that happens, he stays on. and it's not like Boyle's place would continue the scoring thats not his game.

Noeson I thought about. Not the impact like last season but still someone that could but thats true he's at the bottom for now.

didn't we mention before the start of the season and injuries that we were crowded everywhere(n not necessarily the good way)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmieri still not skating, not heading out West, no bueno. He's probably our best player.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmieri still not skating, not heading out West, no bueno. He's probably our best player.
Give him time to rest and recoup... lets see how our guys can do...

i'm coming from a feeling of being at the luxury of being 8-2... wow.....

THIS is perhaps what I was hoping for last season TBH.... luv this version much more.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO SO SO Happy I got center ice this season.... its been awhile since I got it since I knew last few years were not going to go well... BUT man, this season... nothing but greatness so far... GO DEVILS

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
even if the devils lose they are exciting as hell and i make it a point to watch every game so far. other years? i didnt even know they were playing.

palms should easily be the captain of this team he is so remarkably good at doing everything.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at Saturdays game too. I'd say we were outplayed 5 on 5 but man did the PP look awesome.

And while I agree Gibbons is likely to cool off until then he stays in

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only saw highlights but looks like Cory stood on his head. If he can steal games like that every now and then this team will go far.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only saw highlights but looks like Cory stood on his head. If he can steal games like that every now and then this team will go far.
Against my better judgement I stayed up and watched the whole game.

Cory stole one for us.

Hall was great. Mueller played maybe his best game yet. Boyle played well considering it was his 1st game back but overall we were outplayed, especially in the 3rd period.

That said the good thing is this year, so far, we are finding ways to win games when we don't play our best. last year this game, and even the Ottawa game on Saturday would have been losses.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this was a really bad game by the devils. huge that they stole two points because if they played that bad defensively against any other team they would've lost 5-0. the goal hayes scored was a bad goal and cory stood on his head. which is fine we have to win these types of games and cory has to be able to steal a game here or there just cant make it a habit.

pk looked better but still give up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many great scoring chances like i said that a good team would easily capitalize on on take the points and run! really excited for the edmonton game

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Against my better judgement I stayed up and watched the whole game.

Cory stole one for us.

Hall was great. Mueller played maybe his best game yet. Boyle played well considering it was his 1st game back but overall we were outplayed, especially in the 3rd period.

That said the good thing is this year, so far, we are finding ways to win games when we don't play our best. last year this game, and even the Ottawa game on Saturday would have been losses.

lol i stayed up too but i loooooooooooooooooooooooove the late night games so i'll always stay up if the devils are playing good and worth that effort.

mueller is really becoming a solid guy back there. he isn't as flashy offensive wise as i hoped and thought after the preseason but thats fine for me. boyle was refreshing presence last night on the draws i think he won 70% of his which is what this team needs protecting a 1 goal lead. sucks that mojo was hurt hopefully wasn't serious the hit looked bad though

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall was an animal last night. All over the place and his speed is growing if thats even possible. Love how he's playing.

We're looking good, its early but positives compared to last year's start.

Boyle was huge.... damn. What's gonna happen when Zajac comes back?