• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also glad we didn't get Shattenkirk, every Rangers game I watch he has a play or 2 I shake my head at. Getting an assist a game doesn't matter if you're responsible for a goal against.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also glad we didn't get Shattenkirk, every Rangers game I watch he has a play or 2 I shake my head at. Getting an assist a game doesn't matter if you're responsible for a goal against.
Butcher defeats Shattenkirk!

and I lobbyed for him too... serves him right for ditching us.

In fact, all those guys who ditched us in FA, HA!!! suck it!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy bananas! Down 2 going into the 3rd you still felt the comeback was coming. Completely different feeling than the past few years. If we went down 2 the game was over.

You could tell after the last game Nico was ready to breakout.
I have the same feeling, down 1 or 2 goals and right now, our team is capable of tying it up then taking it back...

we haven't felt this confident in goal production in a long time. Hall hasn't even started yet!

The world of difference I see, from seeing a full game, is that there were multiple guys finding those "open/soft" spots between defenders, getting open and being there at the right time. Not to mention we're flying around the ice like demonic bats.

I know the wheels will eventually give way but lets enjoy it as long as possible!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall is playing well, he's getting chances. He had 4 assists last night.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nice to see Nico get rewarded. He roofed that so I bet Cup was happy with that shot :)

When I watch the games now, half the time I am standing up in my living room. I don't even realize it. Last couple of years,if I stood up it was to leave the room because I was pissed. Its been fun and hope they keep it up and keep getting better.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
was i ever happy!!!!!!!!!!!! finally someone is smart enough to roof it top shelf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the offense is amazing the chemistry is there. they were 150-1 odds to begin the year to win the cup and now they are 40-1 insane. down 2 goals going into the 3rd i wouldn't even have bothered. this year? you know they will at the very least get the chances to score and now they are finishing those chances. kpalm is easily captain material imo.

downside is bratt kinda disappeared but honestly dont think the team is playing him enough. he will be the odd man out when/if boyle and zajac come back. which is great because just think the team is 6-1 without their two best shut down centers. having both of them back will instantly improve our PK which is brutal. also can we please stop taking so many stupid penalties? i know a lot of them weren't legit calls but still.

prout sucks and shouldn't be playing mueller has been a ghost and allows prout into the lineup.

cory has been bad. that loss last night would've been on him. wonder how bad his injury is? good thing we have 5 days off after tonight

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
also i am super 1000000000% happy we didn't sign shatenkirk never wanted him here this is the exact reason why.

i still don't think this team can keep up this pace and even if they did they wont go anywhere in the playoffs with defense like this and pk like this. offense is great in the regular season but being able to shut it down in playoffs is what wins then.

next year karlsson and eckman larrson both enter their final years. i find it insanely hard to believe that either the yotes or the sens both smaller markets then us would be able to offer them legit contracts that they would command. devils swoop in and i have no problem trading them a player like say bratt our first and a 3rd for either one of them. it would probably need to be a better player then bratt. maybe mclode but have no problem at all. then go and resign them to a 8 year 11 million dollar contract.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not Karlsson but we have the pieces to land somebody. We're strong at center now and that's with Zajac, Boyle and McLeod out and Quenneville in the AHL. Take one or 2 of our younger guys and some picks, should be enough to entice a team without completely crippling our pipeline.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe not Karlsson but we have the pieces to land somebody. We're strong at center now and that's with Zajac, Boyle and McLeod out and Quenneville in the AHL. Take one or 2 of our younger guys and some picks, should be enough to entice a team without completely crippling our pipeline.

exactly with the cap space we have we can afford to entice anyone to play here esp if we are on the upswing. 2 years time is "far" away but honestly the devils should be targeting these guys entering the final year this summer. your the gm in zona and ottawa you know these guys are entering their final year and you have a team like the devils sitting there in the summer that can offer whatever they want and outbid them. both karllson and larrson see that as well. why "settle" and sign before they hit the market when they can make 11/12 million a year in njd? not saying i want them for that price but its food for thought.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
btw unsung hero so far this season stafford. what a pickup he has been i didn't even realize that before the game last night he had 3 goals 1 assist in 4 games? thats incredible

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son of a bitch

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="#NJDevils hashtag on Twitter">#NJDevils</a> have placed G Cory Schneider (lower body) on IR, retroactive to Oct. 19. &amp; recalled G Scott Wedgewood. <a href="https://t.co/A3YUXUmV2v">https://t.co/A3YUXUmV2v</a></p>&mdash; New Jersey Devils (@NJDevils) <a href="">October 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily we have a week long break coming up so that should hopefully take some of the sting away from the Schneider injury.

Re-Stafford, it's refreshing just having a player that can finish. The opportunity is there, he gets setup with a great feed, he just puts it in the net. Doesn't get fancy, doesn't whiff, doesn't settle it and try to do extra, just puts it on net. He is what Ryder should have been years ago.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
people will look at the break coming up and think its a bad thing. some will think its a good thing.

good to get some rest after all this go go go attitude. chance to get the defense in order with practice. bad though to mess up the team flow and mojo

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the momentum could be lost but watching tape and cracking down on positioning could be good. Schneider is expected to be ready mid week so really he shouldn't miss any time.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's sit Santini and put Lovejoy in said no fan ever

He really does not gel at all with what we have going on. At least Prout you could say he will put someone through a wall or drop the gloves.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not happy about this long break, esp since they have been playing so well... BUT.... at least we are going into the break after a loss and not even scoring so its something they will have to stew over for 6 days... that could help... Man Jones stood on his head with some of those saves tonight... and how many posts did we hit??? 3 or 4??? Still, you cant win them all but I think the sharks just got lucky with some of their goals and it was more of we got bit by the bad luck tonight... any other night, those shots go in.... rest up and work on that defense some.... We will see how them come out Friday night.... GO DEVILS

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the break... give the guys an extra breather, work on a few things but mostly recoup cuz they are flying....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that sucks is we make all those games up at the very end of the year. The last 3 weekends of the season are all back to backs and we still play every other night with no 2 day breaks. That's the time of year we could actually use the breaks.

All the league favorites will have those days off.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then we need to capitalize now and early.. get the Ws that are suppose to be wins.....