• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp/Preseason Thread

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is the Fisher extension will free up money for Dontari Poe which is the team's #1 priority now contracually- not Eric Berry.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is the Fisher extension will free up money for Dontari Poe which is the team's #1 priority now contracually- not Eric Berry.

Not surprised that Berry isn't the priority but a bit surprised on Poe being the top guy they want to get done considering many thought they used their 1st pick in the draft to get his replacement. But hey having incredible depth with great talent on the DL is definitely a good place to invest money.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he pick up a football and walk home with it to complete the whiny 7 year old affect???

No. He showed up to camp. Not good enough for some Hawks fans. They want players on very undervalued, team friendly deals. Then they want them to be happy about it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 67K fans showed up to the Packers practice tonight.

#americasteam

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One week from tonight there will be Packer football on TV and then every week there after hopefully into the playoffs.

The annual scrimmage/family night will be broadcast locally and maybe even on the NFL network. Where else can you sell over 73,000 tickets for $10 to watch a practice in Lambeau Field. Then the next week is the Hall of Fame Game :suds:
They charge the fans to watch practice?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They charge the fans to watch practice?
$10 is a small price to pay considering you get to watch a legendary franchise play in a legendary stadium led by a legendary player surrounded by a legendary fan base.

giphy.gif

#AmericasTeam

lambeau1.jpg

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you disappointed that you were not able to see the Hawks on TV tonight?

Next time you try to make a dig at the Packers it may be best to do a little research to see what the event is actually all about and why they have been doing it for the last 16 years.

The Packers have been holding a family night event for the last 16 years. This is an event for families. You will not find many Packer Season ticket holders at this event. There are many Packer fans that do not have the ability to ever get the game day experience as there are never any tickets for sale to the general public with the complete stadium being sold out to season ticker holders.

With this being the case the Packers have been holding this event for the last 16 years where they open the parking lots at 11am and the lot is filled with families who have not been able to tailgate at Lambeau. There are many other NFL activities going on in the parking lot area as well. When the stadium opens the families with mostly younger children get to see just what it is like on a game day experience. After the scrimmage there is a jersey give away where they give away the Jerseys of many of the starters by doing a drawing using the ticket numbers and calling them out. After the Jersey give away there is a fantastic laser light show with a variety of music that is played over the loud system along with fireworks that are larger than many communities 4th of July fireworks. This show lasts over 30 min and all the players take off the pads and come out with their kids and families and enjoy it with the fans.

Now you seem to think that the Packers are trying to make money off of this but no they dont. One other thing to mention is that during training camp other teams cannot scout your practices if you dont charge for people to attend. Since people had to pay to attend this event the press box was filled with scouts from other teams. There was probably some Seahawk people there scouting.

But this event is actually a fundraiser for charity as the Packers give the money away to benefit needy groups. The money from the event last night is going to benefit "Wendys Wonderful Kids" An organization started by the Wendys restaurant that helps with adoption! Here is a link for who they helped.

Wendy's Wonderful Kids | Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption

The Foundation works every day to make “unadoptable” unacceptable. Read on to see how the program works.

Here are some links you can use to see what the event is actually like. There is a reason it has sold out 10 of the 16 years that they have been doing it. I went to the first or second one way back when my kids were younger and before I obtained access to Packer game tickets.

I would recommend checking out all the links showing pics and vids of the fan and player interaction throughout the night

Packers.com | Family Night

Packer players reacting to the night on twitter
Packers players react to #FamilyNight

Packers practice in front of 66,397 at Family Night

Family Night highlight: Rodgers for three!

Fans enjoy Packers Family Night festivities

Go inside Lambeau Field during Family Night

I myself just watched on TV as after the long off season it was nice to see football on TV again. It was the first week and it will be on again next Sunday with the hall of fame game against the Colts. Then the rest of preseason with games each week until early Feb.

It is a great family oriented event to give kids a chance to feel the game experience they otherwise would not be able to do and raise money for charity as well.

The 12's should do something like this out your way to try and help some charity or dont you think you could sell out a stadium at $10 a head?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Bush to Buffalo

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton on finding out during preseason if Saints' defense is improved: "I expect us to be -- because it'll be hard not to be, right? It'll be hard not to be."

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck w/ that. He hasn't played since '13 & hasn't play a full season since '11.

My thoughts exactly. The Pack has 3 or 4 capable TEs already. Maybe just seeing if there is anything left in the tank after playing 10 years and then not at all in the last 2 years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly. The Pack has 3 or 4 capable TEs already. Maybe just seeing if there is anything left in the tank after playing 10 years and then not at all in the last 2 years.

Didn't the injury bug hit him? I hope he can make a comeback but the odds can't be in his favor.