• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 offseason

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Forte is still a solid back, but it's pretty easy to see both this season and last season. That he's lost the explosiveness and the big play ability that he had in say... 2011. He doesn't accelerate well in the open field, he goes down rather easily and gets tackled from behind by the ankles more than any back I've ever seen.

It's hard for me to imagine that he won't continue his slow decline, and at 31 next season. The inevitable big drop off is coming very soon. He's going to want elite RB level money. To which I say; "Thanks for everything, you were a very good back for the past eight years... but good luck with the rest of your career elsewhere. See yourself out". If I'm being honest, I don't want to pay anything to the guy. We have a back who has the ability to become a near carbon copy of him, and he's 23. Not to mention, what looks like a solid change of pace back in Carey.

I'm all for letting Forte walk.... Langford in my opinion has shown ,when he was starting for an injured Forte, that he does deserve a shot at the starting job.
And like you said,MF goes down way too easy.Seems like as soon as he hits the line,a gust of knocks him down

And AJ is a must sign..... We gave JC a ton of money, but we don't wanna give Alshon any? "that would be crazy..... We'd be crying the blues if we took some offensive power away from Jay.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Forte has at least 2 good years left. Next year you will hear he has not slowed down much, and I do think the image of his going down easily is more to control injuries.

Just pretty sure the bears low ball him and he leaves, but like I mentioned, you have the option to play he and langford together or utilize him outside as a receiver too. He will not be the focus of the offense anymore, but I doubt he accepts a 3/15-18 deal

To me, if he has to worry about an injury, then he needs to go. That's just hindering the offensive production by doing that.
And from what Ive seen, it seems like the league knows to tackle him by the ankles.It happens quite the bit.

C

cubzzzfanincali

that's not a bad list Noon. I think we are more in need of a good 3-4 DE, but would take the ILBs in a second. Definitely at least one tackle too.

My main wish is an elite player somewhere, anywhere. The Bears currently have zero elite players at any position on their roster (assuming White isn't...may he will be). At guard, Long may have been becoming one, but he isn't at tackle. You don't have successful teams unless you have some domination, somewhere.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some pieces are there defensively.

A big playmaking ILB could finally kick them into gear. McPhee and Willie are pretty good coming off the edge.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Cali, the reason I want 2 OTs is so Long can go back to G. I think we have some nice pieces on both sides of the ball. But outside of AJ we have no difference makers . McPhee, Young, Ego, Fuller, Slauson, Long, Amos, Miller, Bennett we have some very solid guys with most being young.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the same thing every year...Big Uglies on both sides of the ball.

Big, ugly o-linemen that are pissed they are so ugly.

Big, ugly d-linemen with dispositions bordering on criminally insane.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much will Calvin Johnson get paid? People want to pay Alshon a franchise number, looks like Calvin is gonna play his last Lion game next week, Calvin or Julius Jones would be nice. Maybe we can get DGB from Tenn. Is Kevin White that kind of receiver or the guy for the other side of the beast receiver?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to add a QB somewhere in that mix as well.
True dat. The guys I list I hope could play sooner then later and any QB I would like to groom. But also I would love to see Fales before I draft a mid round QB. Now if we were going QB early that would be different but would a mid draft QB be a upgrade over Fales? My gut instinct on Fales is good, I'm hoping the staff let's him play in the last game. Now I don't see that happening but it should happen. We need a better ideal on this kid so moving forward we can make better decisions about our future QB needs. Cmon Fox do the right thing and give this kid some playing time vs real NFL action.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely want to see Fales. But "future quarterback" with this group is not going to read backup, they read replacement. You also need to wonder what happens with this zen he has with Cutler when Gase is hired as a head coach somewhere this offseason.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely want to see Fales. But "future quarterback" with this group is not going to read backup, they read replacement. You also need to wonder what happens with this zen he has with Cutler when Gase is hired as a head coach somewhere this offseason.

You just don't comprehend what people say sometimes. You see a totally different thing. I swear.

No one is against drafting a QB to backup Cutler. I just started a thread about it. The Bears JUST did this in 2014.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much will Calvin Johnson get paid? People want to pay Alshon a franchise number, looks like Calvin is gonna play his last Lion game next week, Calvin or Julius Jones would be nice. Maybe we can get DGB from Tenn. Is Kevin White that kind of receiver or the guy for the other side of the beast receiver?

The last thing this team needs is shelling out money to another over the hill star with a big name.

Julio Jones? He's signed through 2020 in ATL. Is that who you mean?

As for Kevin White, no one could possibly say until we see him.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't comprehend what people say sometimes. You see a totally different thing. I swear.

No one is against drafting a QB to backup Cutler. I just started a thread about it. The Bears JUST did this in 2014.

and any comment I made about Fales turned into

"The bears released the fucking guy, they put him on waivers, no team in the nfl wanted him, he is shit"

Now all of the sudden its ok to want to see if he can develop or do it again?

Any mention of him was he wont be replacing Jay. I didnt want him to replace jay, its replace claussen. Let the kid learn so he can be of use when we do need him.

So I guess I was just trying to be proactive waiting for someone to chime in with wasted pick talk again.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The Bears are a sick team, organizationally flawed now for nearly a decade. It is going to take some time and distance to re-assess why we are chronically out of the playoffs, and miles away from being a serious Super Bowl contender. Those who say we are only a few lucky breaks away are franchise dumping enablers. The team needs to wake up and realize that a nearly ten year absence from the playoffs is not a fluke or a bad roll.

C

cubzzzfanincali

There is some talk that the Jets are considering a "tag and trade" scenario for Wilkerson. I cannot envision a more immediate impact move at a position of great need than this for the Bears. But at what cost?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some talk that the Jets are considering a "tag and trade" scenario for Wilkerson. I cannot envision a more immediate impact move at a position of great need than this for the Bears. But at what cost?
AJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy the whole flawed franchise theory. The only difference between franchises is at QB. Is GB a better franchise? or have they just had good luck at the QB position. We have put out many good teams over the years but never had a top QB. The difference between the top franchises and every body else is directly who has that elite QB. Show me a franchise that you think is run right, that does not ever have a great QB. If we had Brady/Manning/AR how many SBs would we have won? I know the teams they come from would have zero SBs.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't buy the whole flawed franchise theory. The only difference between franchises is at QB. Is GB a better franchise? or have they just had good luck at the QB position. We have put out many good teams over the years but never had a top QB. The difference between the top franchises and every body else is directly who has that elite QB. Show me a franchise that you think is run right, that does not ever have a great QB. If we had Brady/Manning/AR how many SBs would we have won? I know the teams they come from would have zero SBs.

Yeah I'm not going to do this now, but at some point soon I will write out a detailed recent history of the Bears franchise and you will see that I don't exactly agree, and maybe after you read it you will see what I mean. I definitely get your point about elite QBs healing some wounds, no doubt, but GB has generally had a better roster for us for a decade and not just at QB. This year their roster is looking flimsier and it shows on the field. All the picks they've blown on marginal defensive guys has really started to haunt them, that's a team in decline if you asked me. Minnesota's roster, by contrast, I think is really well constructed. Seattle has a really deep roster. Baltimore had one when they won the SB, Pitt is always in the hunt, and I just don't see how you can even mention the Patriots in a discussion about the Bears roster it is so much better (yes, I get it that Brady rocks, but do you really think that explains everything?).

The main harm that Cutler has done to this organization (aside from the turnovers and the bad target selection) is the impact he (well, really what the GM did to get him) had on the draft. It had long-run ramifications for this team. Well, that plus the amount of cap space he's been chewing up. But I think the draft has been the bigger problem. It is pretty obvious that the organization tried to gamble on Cutler being able to buy time to rebuild the aging but great defense we had there for a few years, and the gamble didn't pay off, and now it is on Pace to rebuild the depth and quality of this team, because Emery couldn't do it.