• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Mock Draft War Room

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:Exactly, safety may be an option, dl, hell even lb

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye out for late round pass rushers. One thing I've noticed throughout this process is that there's a lot of pass rushers in the later rounds that could become solid players in the league with good coaching.

old1r1sh

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roll call for those interested in participating in this mock draft. If you want to participate, please keep prospect names off this thread so we can avoid poaching (yes it has happened in previous years). PM names if necessary to ATL.

You can find the full mock discussion in the mock forum. Or here: Nos' 3rd Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT
You can view the draft picks as they come in here (DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD!!!): Nos' 3rd Annual NFL Mock Draft : PICKS

@ATL96Steeler is the GM for the Steelers so he will do the picking unless otherwise asked by him.

@SteelersPride @Psych-Ward @Ojb81 @Gooch1034 @Superbelt @Ewa PGH Fan @MISKO @SteelerKing @element1286 @Bridgeburner @evolver115 @Cali Steel @NorthCoastSteelersFan @DoobeeDoobeeDoo

@old1r1sh ... Even though you are GM'ing another team in this mock, feel free to still discuss with us about PIT's picks. We'll try not to convince you to collude with us for better prospects lol :heh:
We shouldn't have any issues with our needs overlapping or me taking someone you guys want. The Steelers and Saints both have a need for secondary help, but I won't be looking through this for any help. I already have my sights set on several guys in the later rounds.

I almost traded to the later teens in the 1st round to take a CB, which could've put you guys in a tough spot. I'd say I'm happy with my 1st round selection though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Eli Apple got drafted by the Dolphins at 13th overall?? And I thought drafting him at 25th was a bit of a reach.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't have any issues with our needs overlapping or me taking someone you guys want. The Steelers and Saints both have a need for secondary help, but I won't be looking through this for any help. I already have my sights set on several guys in the later rounds.

I almost traded to the later teens in the 1st round to take a CB, which could've put you guys in a tough spot. I'd say I'm happy with my 1st round selection though.

Solid pick...supposedly the Saints are going back to a 4-3 now...Buckner played as a 3-4 DE I think, but looks as he can easily morp into a DT if they do indeed switch ...in my regular mock I took a DL for the Saints as well. I thought you might go Hargreaves.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Eli Apple got drafted by the Dolphins at 13th overall?? And I thought drafting him at 25th was a bit of a reach.

Actually I've seen Apple mocked to MIA since the combine...he's definitely been rising.

So far...Apple is the only player we've lost on the board...not too bad...one guy I thought could slide is sliding.

Not to be critical, but the pick so far that's a little out there for me is ATL moving up to 8 from 17 and getting Leonard Floyd. To be fair he did lose out on his primary targets, but he left 3 guys on the board I probably would've taken over Floyd.

Clearly the most athletic of the UGA LBs...probably in many yrs, but he didn't put the bar up at the combine or his pro day I don't think. With that in mind...if he moves to DE which I would imagine he is in their 4-3 scheme...who plays strong side?...Vic Beasley is a weak side DE too.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I've seen Apple mocked to MIA since the combine...he's definitely been rising.

So far...Apple is the only player we've lost on the board...not too bad...one guy I thought could slide is sliding.

Not to be critical, but the pick so far that's a little out there for me is ATL moving up to 8 from 17 and getting Leonard Floyd. To be fair he did lose out on his primary targets, but he left 3 guys on the board I probably would've taken over Floyd.

Clearly the most athletic of the UGA LBs...probably in many yrs, but he didn't put the bar up at the combine or his pro day I don't think. With that in mind...if he moves to DE which I would imagine he is in their 4-3 scheme...who plays strong side?...Vic Beasley is a weak side DE too.
Hmmm, for Apple's profile & skillset it still seems like a reach to me. From what I remember, I pegged him as a Cortez Allen type. Good speed & mechanics, but gets grabby & doesn't locate the ball very well. But his combine results probably moved him up. Haven't been paying too much attention to mock results lately.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid pick ATL! :suds:

William Jackson III, CB Houston

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, for Apple's profile & skillset it still seems like a reach to me. From what I remember, I pegged him as a Cortez Allen type. Good speed & mechanics, but gets grabby & doesn't locate the ball very well. But his combine results probably moved him up. Haven't been paying too much attention to mock results lately.

We got our man...William Jackson III...Alexander was still on the board and on most big boards he's ahead of Jackson 3, but WJ3 better fits the Steeler mold for an outside CB.

Cincy took Billings right before us so that took any temptation away to get the big fella...lol

I can start tweaking the board for 58 this afternoon/evening and I'll PM it to you.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got our man...William Jackson III...Alexander was still on the board and on most big boards he's ahead of Jackson 3, but WJ3 better fits the Steeler mold for an outside CB.

Cincy took Billings right before us so that took any temptation away to get the big fella...lol

I can start tweaking the board for 58 this afternoon/evening and I'll PM it to you.
Awesome! And sounds good! Glad we took WJ3 over Alexander. And can you imagine Atkins & Billings on the same interior with Dunlap on the outside? Yikes!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome! And sounds good! Glad we took WJ3 over Alexander. And can you imagine Atkins & Billings on the same interior with Dunlap on the outside? Yikes!

Got the school right but wrong player. I thought CIN would take Corey Coleman, WR Baylor...If Billings turns out to the beast that this poster over on SteelerDepot thinks he will be...yikes might not be enough....Michael Johnson and Dunlap could go for dbl digit sacks.

I think Seattle is going to take Noah Spence.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the school right but wrong player. I thought CIN would take Corey Coleman, WR Baylor or Noah Spence...If Billings turns out to the beast that this poster over on SteelerDepot thinks he will be...yikes might not be enough....Michael Johnson and Dunlap could go for dbl digit sacks.

Now I think Seattle is going to take Noah Spence.

old1r1sh

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid pick...supposedly the Saints are going back to a 4-3 now...Buckner played as a 3-4 DE I think, but looks as he can easily morp into a DT if they do indeed switch ...in my regular mock I took a DL for the Saints as well. I thought you might go Hargreaves.
Well I didn't go into the day planning on trading up. I wanted either Hargreaves or Shaq Lawson at 12. Then I asked what the 9ers were looking for in a trade and I couldn't pass up on it. Then at 7 I went BPA which conveniently also filled a need. Hargreaves was never gonna be my pick at 7. Buckner could play a 4-3 DE according to scouting reports, but I'd much rather play him inside. Either way he's a can't miss talent in the front 7 that the Saints need badly.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I didn't go into the day planning on trading up. I wanted either Hargreaves or Shaq Lawson at 12. Then I asked what the 9ers were looking for in a trade and I couldn't pass up on it. Then at 7 I went BPA which conveniently also filled a need. Hargreaves was never gonna be my pick at 7. Buckner could play a 4-3 DE according to scouting reports, but I'd much rather play him inside. Either way he's a can't miss talent in the front 7 that the Saints need badly.

Good pick and I think he can play inside in a 4-3, outside in a 4-3 or 3-4 . Our SportsHoopla GMs have been far more trade friendly than the NFL GMs...lol.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Steeler Nation.

We have concluded the 1st round of the draft. Fortunately we got the #1 player on our board.

Drafted by position.

OFC

QB - 3
RB - 1
TE - 0
WR - 3
C - 1
T - 4
G - 0

DEF

S - 1 (I'm calling Ramsey a S)
CB - 3
DT - 4
DE - 5
LB - 6

The second round is probably underway. PIT will probably not go on the clock today at the rate these picks go, but I'm ready...if you want to see our 2nd rd board just PM me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoked we landed WJ3. But it also comes with the same feeling of yearning with our mock of Marcus Peters LY. lol.

But Dupree is/was a welcome addition!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoked we landed WJ3. But it also comes with the same feeling of yearning with our mock of Marcus Peters LY. lol.

lol...exactly...at least we got the right side of the ball LY and I think we've done that again. Almost zero chance they go OFC with 25.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we all wanted peters, and i thought he was heads and tails the best corner and would slide down the board, we were right!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla Draft Update.

1.25...William Jackson III, CB, HOU...top player on our board....I think we can expect him to take some snaps at CB4 and ST and next yr be ready to challenge Cockrell or Gay for one of the outside jobs.

2.58...Jeremy Cash, SS, Duke...tall rangy S, good in the box player against the run...will need to work on coverage, but very good potential and he should be ready to take the reins from Golden in a yr or 2.