• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Commit List

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that part in my post where I talked about outliers? You guessed one of them. The point is IN GENERAL the teams with higher ranked kids do better. How do you get a team of higher ranked kids? You recruit them, one at a time. That is why some people get excited when we get a commitment from a 4 star kid.

Having success makes it easier to recruit better players down the road.

Unfortunately for Riley he's going to have to have success with just a handful of 4 stars and a mess of mid-major talent. Guys like Snyder or Patterson would likely have success with what Riley has to work with. They are good at fundamentals and detail. Getting players to understand what they are supposed to do.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best way to view star rankings is as guidelines. It's not necessarily about the individual stars but what place you fall in the recruiting landscape with those stars. In other words: Teams that regularly recruit in the Top 15 are regularly Top 15 teams. Now, that is because of star rankings to an extent but it's also because of superior evaluation at the outset. Which means the 3-star players these teams are getting are usually pretty dang good as well.

Looking at Nebraska's current class you can see that there is an evaluation component that is working so far. O'Brien was a relative unknown when we offered. Now he's an Elite 11 QB and has more offers every day. All of the sudden... a four star. In other words, pay attention to how the rankings finish and where we stand then.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Nut you don't know Yer ass for a hole in the ground

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having success makes it easier to recruit better players down the road.

Unfortunately for Riley he's going to have to have success with just a handful of 4 stars and a mess of mid-major talent. Guys like Snyder or Patterson would likely have success with what Riley has to work with. They are good at fundamentals and detail. Getting players to understand what they are supposed to do.

Riley was brought here for that exact reason dude like what? He has proven he can do a lot with a little just like Patterson and I'm willing to bet Riley would have TCU pursuing playoff spots too.

RA is bein a wet blanket this summer.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say it's undeniable what Riley did was great at Oregon State.

Kansas State and TCU are turd programs, but they shine like diamonds compared to the lump of coal that is Oregon State.

The guy came in there and immediately became a thorn in the side of Pete Carroll, who is one of the best coaches in the world.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beat the Trojans when they were consensus #1 and were sure to win a championship.

The fact of the matter is Nebraska got a huge upgrade in coaching this year. If you read the cfb matrix stuff or listen to Bartoo on 1620, we're statistically guaranteed 1 more win per season. Thats HUGE in today's CFB. It's more complicated than that, but we're gonna be winning more games we aren't favored in.

Riley won games at OSU they simply had absolutely no business winning.

He also handled Wisconsin not so long ago.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beat the Trojans when they were consensus #1 and were sure to win a championship.

The fact of the matter is Nebraska got a huge upgrade in coaching this year. If you read the cfb matrix stuff or listen to Bartoo on 1620, we're statistically guaranteed 1 more win per season. Thats HUGE in today's CFB. It's more complicated than that, but we're gonna be winning more games we aren't favored in.

Riley won games at OSU they simply had absolutely no business winning.

He also handled Wisconsin not so long ago.
I thought I didn't like Bartoo...but really that was just because his stats always painted Nebraska in a bad light, mostly due to coaching. I didn't want to believe what the stats said because I'm an optimist, but it turns out he was right. Hopefully he's right now, too. I was thinking about that the other day...how many of our losses in the past 5 years or so were to teams that flat-out had more talent than us? I can't think of many.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say it's undeniable what Riley did was great at Oregon State.

Kansas State and TCU are turd programs, but they shine like diamonds compared to the lump of coal that is Oregon State.

The guy came in there and immediately became a thorn in the side of Pete Carroll, who is one of the best coaches in the world.

I'm really looking forward to see how this plays out. I think Riley has tons of upside, but as you know, you really don't know someone until you commit/marry/sleep, etc with them. I see a better than expected season this year, as long as the D can do the job, that has been weak link in past, funny that was issue with D guru Bo? But as we know, Bo turned that over to unqualified warm bodies

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really looking forward to see how this plays out. I think Riley has tons of upside, but as you know, you really don't know someone until you commit/marry/sleep, etc with them. I see a better than expected season this year, as long as the D can do the job, that has been weak link in past, funny that was issue with D guru Bo? But as we know, Bo turned that over to unqualified warm bodies

I don't want to sleep with Riley.......his body is probably old and wrinkly en sech

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone know who this would be:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nevermind, found it: Quayshon Alexander

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just coming to post that... huge get. Dude is a massive freak of an OLB. Huge get IMO.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some exciting things are happening at Nebraska. And to think this class he's putting together is just the building blocks for future classes. I don't want to get too excited when the guy hasn't even fielded a team yet but the emphasis this staff has onrecruiting and the methods they are using has really got me excited.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we have (even a slim) shot to flip the #1 player in California from USC is amazing.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander reminded me a bit of Randy Gregory. But, the competition in the film did not look stellar. There was one cornerback or safety that came flying down the field on one of his receptions as a tight end. Nebraska should look at that guy.

How has he played in camps and any all-star games?