• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 CBS league

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to go ahead and get this started.

Notes
Pitcher first round and third/fourth(really would like to go 1-2 but Lester would have hurt me Sale-Felix though if I'm picking late?)

I'm targeting Rodon, Heaney, Nola round 13 on for pitchers

I'm looking at Buxton, Parra(he's a rockie), Pence, Grichuk in those rounds as well

Is DPeralta an everyday starter?

Fernandez or Wainwright is a toss-up if either are there in the sixth, can't go higher than that for them.

I do not like a lot of the second tier pitchers besides them.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Peralta is a starter.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft results(3rd pick)
1.Dallas Keuchel
2.Corey Kluber

3.Andrew McCutchen
4.Dee Gordon
5.Chris Davis
6.George Springer
7.Colin McHugh
8.Todd Frazier
9.Stephen Piscoty
10.Corey Segar
11.Russell Martin
12.Marcus Stroman
13.Jason Kipnis
14.Ken Giles
15.Kenta Maeda
16.Aaron Nola
17.Trevor Bauer
18.Andrew Heaney
19.KRod

20.Trevor Story
21.Gerrardo Parra

Gausman, Park I had queud and I don't think they were drafted.

I like my top two and getting Kipnis where I got him for my U spot is pretty decent. I wish I could have gotten a RP/SP and I targeted Roark but he got taken up. That's something 'll be on lookout for during season.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there a question in here somewhere? This seems to be a know your league draft. I can't think of anything that would have me picking Dallas Kuechel third overall.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 4th on the board when I picked and being taken in first rounds. I know someone who wants him. Should I trade him for Scherzer? He looked great last year except for week 1 of fantasy playoffs. The astros are supposed to contend also.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 4th on the board when I picked and being taken in first rounds. I know someone who wants him. Should I trade him for Scherzer? He looked great last year except for week 1 of fantasy playoffs. The astros are supposed to contend also.

Like I said... know your league. You can't convince me to skip over Goldy/Trout/Harper for Dallas Kuechel. Kershaw, yes.

And Scherzer is #2 SP by most people, so yes I would give up Kuechel for him.

I'm sure pitcher points are crazy in this league, and if I remember correctly, I had this exact beef last year when you took Lester over Rizzo.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its CBS i got trout with the 8th pick cause its all about pitching Goldy and harper were the only other bats gone
Keuchal was the 4th best pitcher last year on cbs behind Arrieta/Greinke/CK
On cbs u need 3 good pitchers or play the 2 start game:suds:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said... know your league. You can't convince me to skip over Goldy/Trout/Harper for Dallas Kuechel. Kershaw, yes.

And Scherzer is #2 SP by most people, so yes I would give up Kuechel for him.

I'm sure pitcher points are crazy in this league, and if I remember correctly, I had this exact beef last year when you took Lester over Rizzo.
I drafted Lester and Rizzo. I traded Lester and Encarnacion for Kershaw. The first pick was a no-show. Otherwise I might have gotten Kershaw. If I recall you said there was nothing wrong with my draft last year. There was just no way I was taking a hitter first. I learned that two years ago when my team suffered because of that and Fielder getting hurt, who was my second pick.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its CBS i got trout with the 8th pick cause its all about pitching Goldy and harper were the only other bats gone

I get it. I just totally disagree with it.

...and the 2 start game can be fun when you're hitters are strong. When you have no corner/middle and three OF, I get it that it's really easy to find hitters, but the reverse is also true in that those sleeping pitchers can be huge.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the only thing wrong with my team? Do I need to say pair Frazier/McHugh for a stronger no.3 starter and less productive 3b?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got Trout two years ago with my fourth pick. Then Fielder and Beltre, the pitchers I had at the strong point was Greinke and Cueto who both had good years. Even taking Kipnis and Jones after Greinke. But it wasn't enough, my pitching had so many holes and Fielder was playing like trash until he starts coming on and then gets hurt.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted Lester and Rizzo. I traded Lester and Encarnacion for Kershaw. The first pick was a no-show. Otherwise I might have gotten Kershaw. If I recall you said there was nothing wrong with my draft last year. There was just no way I was taking a hitter first. I learned that two years ago when my team suffered because of that and Fielder getting hurt, who was my second pick.

To each his own. Your team is good. I just think it would be better with Trout and (instead of Piscotty), a solid arm... or Goldy and (instead of Kipnis) a sleeping arm... or even instead of Cutch, where a solid arm is in the 3rd.

...but, like I said, to each his own and your team is good.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...and that's also my point. Kuechel won the Cy Young award last year... he was likely drafted in the 3rd-6th range. Now he needs a bavk to back Cy Young performance to earn any value. Impossible it is not, but there is no room for error.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. I just totally disagree with it.

...and the 2 start game can be fun when you're hitters are strong. When you have no corner/middle and three OF, I get it that it's really easy to find hitters, but the reverse is also true in that those sleeping pitchers can be huge.
Its how most CBS leagues go pitching goes 1st
I have no batters on my bench cause there is too many to replace somebody who gets hurt 10 teams x 9 batters = 90
I have all pitching and play the match-ups

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On CBS your draft isnt going to win your season Its more about what u do all year long:suds:

Prince wasnt a bad pick it was just bad luck he was as steady a hitter as there was before he got hurt:suds:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piscotty I know was a reach but I already had Springer and McCutchen and that's honestly an upgrade over last year's Gomez/Heyward combo. And Parra is possibly his replacement because of Coors.

But people will trade hitters for a ace in a heartbeat in this league so I could consider making a move for one.
On CBS your draft isnt going to win your season Its more about what u do all year long:suds:

Prince wasnt a bad pick it was just bad luck he was as steady a hitter as there was before he got hurt:suds:

Yeah FA plays a role. Only thing I'm a little worried about is my RP no.2 slot. Last year I had CMart in that spot and I just could not take Fister for that. So I'm holding out for demotions/injuries promotions to fill that spot when I can.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piscotty I know was a reach but I already had Springer and McCutchen and that's honestly an upgrade over last year's Gomez/Heyward combo. And Parra is possibly his replacement because of Coors.

But people will trade hitters for a ace in a heartbeat in this league so I could consider making a move for one.

Yeah FA plays a role. Only thing I'm a little worried about is my RP no.2 slot. Last year I had CMart in that spot and I just could not take Fister for that. So I'm holding out for demotions/injuries promotions to fill that spot when I can.

Kris Medlen might be of some assistance.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not RP eligible yet. I did find Aaron Sanchez though. There's also Trevor May but its not known yet if he starts.

Who would I drop Giles or KRod?

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
medlen is a sp why would u trade 2 good closers:suds: