• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks losing Vatanen for 4-6 weeks (and Beleskey for 2-4 weeks) will certainly change the market for defensemen.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id do it and then split lack/Niemi

I would go Lack starter and Niemi backup ... Niemi is a ufa so he can just go away at season end and you then have Markstrom/Lack next year ... and 6 shmill of cap space

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flames will take Emerson Etem from the Ducks for Deryk Engelland...

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flames will take Emerson Etem from the Ducks for Deryk Engelland...

That's not a fair trade and you know it.

The Flames are going to have to take Rene Bourque back as well if they want Etem.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a fair trade and you know it.

The Flames are going to have to take Rene Bourque back as well if they want Etem.

Canucks can cook up a "special" pizza for Etem in return

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers will trade MacDonald and his contract for a bag of used pucks. Again, thanks Homer for putting us into this position. Heck, Vinny can be included in this package. Come on Buffalo, help us out.:L

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 & 2016 1st rounders, Gaudreau, a few buckets of pucks and bingo bango Burko, done deal

This is more what I think it would take. The Flames would have to be the biggest morons on the planet to trade a promising young centre in this day and age. They simply don't become available and they have two guys who can form the backbone of an exciting team for decades.

I think anything for Kessel would begin with Gaudreau and a first rounder, and if you're the Flames why bother? Acquiring Kessel doesn't make them a contender tomorrow, and Gaudreau might be a year or two from being that prolific of a goalscorer anyway.

To me, the most logical landing spots for Phil are NYI, Columbus and San Jose.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is more what I think it would take. The Flames would have to be the biggest morons on the planet to trade a promising young centre in this day and age. They simply don't become available and they have two guys who can form the backbone of an exciting team for decades.

I think anything for Kessel would begin with Gaudreau and a first rounder, and if you're the Flames why bother? Acquiring Kessel doesn't make them a contender tomorrow, and Gaudreau might be a year or two from being that prolific of a goalscorer anyway.

I was actually kidding with that offer hence the "Burko" commentbut I think those are all potentially good spots for Phil given less media coverage. The rag$ get the vast bulk of the metro NY press so even though the Isles are going to actually be in NYC (in friggin Brooklyn) it's fairly low key

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, stop looking at Johansen. Jarmo is not a moron. :suds:

Jackets would welcome him, but they won't mortgage a lot to do it. They have D men and some solid prospects. No core pieces will move. All depends on how desperate the Leafs get. So I would appreciate a lot more pressure from the media.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, stop looking at Johansen. Jarmo is not a moron. :suds:

Jackets would welcome him, but they won't mortgage a lot to do it. They have D men and some solid prospects. No core pieces will move. All depends on how desperate the Leafs get. So I would appreciate a lot more pressure from the media.

Not looking at Johansen, but their first rounder would be a must.

I have no idea what Kessel's value is to other GM's, but the Leafs aren't trading him out of desperation. I have no problem holding onto him - whoever winds up playing C will have one hell of a winger to feed the puck to.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking at Johansen, but their first rounder would be a must.

I have no idea what Kessel's value is to other GM's, but the Leafs aren't trading him out of desperation. I have no problem holding onto him - whoever winds up playing C will have one hell of a winger to feed the puck to.

Thank you for the bit of sanity regarding Kessel. Without Kessel's scoring ability, the Leafs become, well, the Sabres.

You trade him (or Phaneur, or anyone else, if the trade makes your team better. Trading Kessel "just to get rid of him" is moronoic. But that is what passes for media intelligence these days.

Every team, including the Leafs, need to evaluate every player and ask one question "Does this player have a role on a Cup winner?" And come on, Kessel certainly can play a very valuable role on a Cup winner.

Cup winners need (in no particular order): a lights-out Goalie, solid D-men, some consistent scorers and at least one shutdown line. Oh, and a good coach. An basence of one of those makes you a pretender, a longshot contender. Miss two and you are not close.

Any way, point being. Kessel is one of the most consistent scorers in the League and has proven it for years. He would look great in mustard yellow, and NSH can easily accomodate is weaknesses because they are so strong in other areas. To unload him for nothing is just dumb.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the bit of sanity regarding Kessel. Without Kessel's scoring ability, the Leafs become, well, the Sabres.

You trade him (or Phaneur, or anyone else, if the trade makes your team better. Trading Kessel "just to get rid of him" is moronoic. But that is what passes for media intelligence these days.

Every team, including the Leafs, need to evaluate every player and ask one question "Does this player have a role on a Cup winner?" And come on, Kessel certainly can play a very valuable role on a Cup winner.

Cup winners need (in no particular order): a lights-out Goalie, solid D-men, some consistent scorers and at least one shutdown line. Oh, and a good coach. An basence of one of those makes you a pretender, a longshot contender. Miss two and you are not close.

Any way, point being. Kessel is one of the most consistent scorers in the League and has proven it for years. He would look great in mustard yellow, and NSH can easily accomodate is weaknesses because they are so strong in other areas. To unload him for nothing is just dumb.

The media needs to sell page views, and reporting on the Leafs is instant page views. Notice all the "Kessel to Florida but not for a young stud" rumours lately? Rumour makes zero fucking sense whatsoever, and most of those stories contain lines like "Now, there hasn't actually been any contact between Nonis and Tallon regarding Phil Kessel", which is code speak for "We are making this up to keep the Kessel rumours burning because literally nobody save a team or two that aren't in the playoff race anyway can take his salary at this point in the season and the asking price is so high that it can't possibly happen right now".

They do what they gotta do to make money and stay relevant, and that's fine, but unless someone makes a comment about it in here I have absolutely no reason to pay it any mind.