• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL Draft thread

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Ty Montgomery on all these mock draft WR lists? Not a Stanford fan whatsoever but watching that guy every yr make big play after big and not go in first 3 rounds seems absurd. Big body wr with return skills on top of that seems like an early draft snag for about a third of NFL rosters. Only knock on him is that he isn't a polished route runner but that is a teachable aspect that some team could offer him.... just my personal opinion.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, my dream pick for the Falcons is Beasley, who apparently wants to play for us. Extreme athlete who was very productive in college. All the tools to be a legitimate pass rusher in the NFL.

After him, my top choice would likely be Ray

Beasley looks every bit the stud. His combine numbers were pretty amazing and it seems like he has it together between the ears.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Ty Montgomery on all these mock draft WR lists? Not a Stanford fan whatsoever but watching that guy every yr make big play after big and not go in first 3 rounds seems absurd. Big body wr with return skills on top of that seems like an early draft snag for about a third of NFL rosters. Only knock on him is that he isn't a polished route runner but that is a teachable aspect that some team could offer him.... just my personal opinion.

Doesn't display natural wide receiver characteristics. Needs more than just polish with routes and must incorporate route diversity at some point. Averaged just 9.9 yards per catch in 2014. Extremely suspect hands with 16 drops and three fumbles over his last three seasons. Allows throws to get on top of him. Hands lack supple qualities and his catch radius is smaller than desired. His confidence has been questioned by scouting community. His body of work as a receiver hasn't matched his physical potential. Has had only one season of significant touchdown production. Tightly wound with scouts questioning if he's too muscled.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley looks every bit the stud. His combine numbers were pretty amazing and it seems like he has it together between the ears.

The more I read about all the pass rushers, the more I really want him. More and more question marks are popping up about all of them, so I'd rather take his toools and production and hope he develops the power he needs

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 1st pick the Yucks will choose Jamarcus Testaverde I mean winston. :D

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read about all the pass rushers, the more I really want him. More and more question marks are popping up about all of them, so I'd rather take his toools and production and hope he develops the power he needs

Quinn wants to go with 4 DL, which imo makes Gregory or Ray better fits even though they are probably not going to be 3 down players right away...of course I know the drug hit on Gregory probably takes him off the Falcons board.

Beasley & Clayborne as OLBs make a lot of sense too.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
praying raiders don't screw this up. if they go WR fans are going to be calling for odell beckham jr type numbers. not sold on leonard williams either. maybe should just trade down

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
praying raiders don't screw this up. if they go WR fans are going to be calling for odell beckham jr type numbers. not sold on leonard williams either. maybe should just trade down

I don't think Raider fans would ever regret drafting a player like Amari Cooper. I saw a recent comparison to Marvin Harrison, which given his skillset seems pretty fair. You've gotta love the upside of Kevin White and even DeVante Parker, but Cooper seems to have a very shallow floor with a really high ceiling.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on a lot of the hype so far, im guessing the top of the draft goes something like this:

1. Tampa Bay - Winston QB
2. Phi/Cle - Mariota QB
3. Jacksonville - Gurley RB
4. Oakland - Williams DL
5. Redskins - Fowler OLB
6. Jets - Beasley OLB
7. Bears - White WR
8. Falcons - Scherff OL
9. Giants - Peat OT
10. Rams - Flowers - OT
11. Vikings - Cooper - WR
12. Titans - Collins OL

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some scouts/media type feel L. Williams is the top talent in this draft, period...there's a good chance that he's not Suh, but coupled with Mack, you start building top tier pcs on DEF.

At 5...As much as I think OAK need a young stud @ WR, I think you have to take the chance on the best big in the draft and then come back with Jalen Strong or DGB in the 2nd.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on a lot of the hype so far, im guessing the top of the draft goes something like this:

2. Phi/Cle - Mariota QB
4. Oakland - Williams DL
5. Redskins - Fowler OLB
6. Jets - Beasley OLB
7. Bears - White WR
8. Falcons - Scherff OL
9. Giants - Peat OT
10. Rams - Flowers - OT
12. Titans - Collins OL

Interesting.

1...this pick is already mailed in
2...if TN is committed to Mettenberger...I can see them trading down...Browns do have interest in Bradford.
3...wow...I know Gurley is climbing again, but here? idk DAL really seems like his spot.
4-7, 9,10,11,12...all of these could be right.
8...Scherff is probably a plug-n-play LG on this team, and maybe you move him to RT and give Baker the boot in '16. If the edge DEF guys go as your mock...With Ray's toe now a concern, I would not be shocked if ATL calls Gregory or Dupree's name @ 8 or try to move back with those same names in play.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Phi/Cle - Mariota QB
4. Oakland - Williams DL
5. Redskins - Fowler OLB
6. Jets - Beasley OLB
7. Bears - White WR
8. Falcons - Scherff OL
9. Giants - Peat OT
10. Rams - Flowers - OT
12. Titans - Collins OL

You just gave this Viking fan a boner.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

1...this pick is already mailed in
2...if TN is committed to Mettenberger...I can see them trading down...Browns do have interest in Bradford.
3...wow...I know Gurley is climbing again, but here? idk DAL really seems like his spot.
4-7, 9,10,11,12...all of these could be right.
8...Scherff is probably a plug-n-play LG on this team, and maybe you move him to RT and give Baker the boot in '16. If the edge DEF guys go as your mock...With Ray's toe now a concern, I would not be shocked if ATL calls Gregory or Dupree's name @ 8 or try to move back with those same names in play.
I was kinda sort of looking at fit. There are a lot of teams that will probably be looking to move up and down.

Jacksonville is a team that should want to look down but they seem to really want to run the ball. They were rumored to be going after Adrian Peterson (good luck with that) but they have backed off. Gurley seems to have been given the medical green light and a lot of the rumors are saying he'll go top 10 and its Gordon that will be going around Dallas' spot. Having just did a mock draft for them, Id take Beasley but there is a reason why Jacksonville is Jacksonville. The Jags could also trade down a couple of spots to take Gurley if some team covets Williams.

The big unanswered question is: how good is Leonard Williams? I took the middle ground with him going to Oakland but Oakland could easily take a WR.

The rumor was floated out there that Atlanta liked Scherff and the Giants liked Peat. It could be a smokescreen to get the Rams to do something stupid. It could be legit, though, too. For better or worse, Flowers is the type of guy the Rams would draft. I think the Oline picks are a bit safer than Ray, Gregory or Dupree. To me, Gregory is a worse risk than DGB but for some reason people haven't dropped him in mocks. I'm also not convinced Dupree is top 10 material especially if you have a WR like White or Cooper on the board.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kinda sort of looking at fit. There are a lot of teams that will probably be looking to move up and down.

Jacksonville is a team that should want to look down but they seem to really want to run the ball. They were rumored to be going after Adrian Peterson (good luck with that) but they have backed off. Gurley seems to have been given the medical green light and a lot of the rumors are saying he'll go top 10 and its Gordon that will be going around Dallas' spot. Having just did a mock draft for them, Id take Beasley but there is a reason why Jacksonville is Jacksonville. The Jags could also trade down a couple of spots to take Gurley if some team covets Williams.

The big unanswered question is: how good is Leonard Williams? I took the middle ground with him going to Oakland but Oakland could easily take a WR.

The rumor was floated out there that Atlanta liked Scherff and the Giants liked Peat. It could be a smokescreen to get the Rams to do something stupid. It could be legit, though, too. For better or worse, Flowers is the type of guy the Rams would draft. I think the Oline picks are a bit safer than Ray, Gregory or Dupree. To me, Gregory is a worse risk than DGB but for some reason people haven't dropped him in mocks. I'm also not convinced Dupree is top 10 material especially if you have a WR like White or Cooper on the board.

Just speaking on the ATL piece...Supposedly Quinn is going to have a major say in this draft, especially at the top...that makes me think they will go DEF in the 1st round. Fowler would be the clear cut pick if ATL had their choice.

I like OL to ATL @ 8 with any of 3 players...imo Baker is too injury prone to be pulling in the kind of jack he's getting paid. I really thought he would go instead of Blaylock...Scherff replacing him makes sense.

OL...agreed...but ATL cannot come away from this draft w/o an edge rusher...the size, athletic ability of Dupree and the dropoff after him could force them to reach...at the same time there is interest in Armstead.

A Scherff, Preston Smith or Danielle Hunter...that would not be a bad 1-2 imo.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I should flip Cooper and White. All of the rumors and common sense suggest that he'll be the first wr off the board regardless of what they did at the combine

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres a nice team needs list i found on another site for those doing mocks

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00