• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-2016 Offseason Thread

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it'll be Manny since he had quite a bit of success and gets on base a lot more than Nolan does.
manny looks more like a 2 or 3 still to free of a swinger . he would be a great 3, 4 ,5 but with aj , davis,trumbo and matt that is all taken . nolan is as fast as anyone on the team , works counts and if he gets going with another year from his medical problems .

nolan , manny , aj , davis , trumbo dh , matt , schoop , jj ,kim or hoes looks pretty good to me be nice if one upton wants a year deal .

if you going to get another norris just rotate who is hot at aaa as 5th starter . i like our pen

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manny looks more like a 2 or 3 still to free of a swinger . he would be a great 3, 4 ,5 but with aj , davis,trumbo and matt that is all taken . nolan is as fast as anyone on the team , works counts and if he gets going with another year from his medical problems .

nolan , manny , aj , davis , trumbo dh , matt , schoop , jj ,kim or hoes looks pretty good to me be nice if one upton wants a year deal .

if you going to get another norris just rotate who is hot at aaa as 5th starter . i like our pen

Manny's OBP has gotten better every year he's played and if he stays healthy, I don't see why that trend wouldn't continue. Buck is going to stick with what works and Manny at the top of the lineup works fine and I don't see that going any different this year. Plus, the most games Nolan's ever played in a season is 104, so you can't really trust the guy to stay healthy. He might be fine as a 4th OF or DH but nothing more than that.

Manny, JJ, Jones, Davis, Trumbo, Wieters, Schoop, Kim, Reimold (DH) or something similar is how I'd go.

I don't like that strategy of just shuttling guys back and forth from Norfolk either. That's been done way too much over the year. The rotation needs more consistency. I'd like to sign someone like Buerhle, Gallardo or Latos, even if just on one year deals.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny's OBP has gotten better every year he's played and if he stays healthy, I don't see why that trend wouldn't continue. Buck is going to stick with what works and Manny at the top of the lineup works fine and I don't see that going any different this year. Plus, the most games Nolan's ever played in a season is 104, so you can't really trust the guy to stay healthy. He might be fine as a 4th OF or DH but nothing more than that.

Manny, JJ, Jones, Davis, Trumbo, Wieters, Schoop, Kim, Reimold (DH) or something similar is how I'd go.

I don't like that strategy of just shuttling guys back and forth from Norfolk either. That's been done way too much over the year. The rotation needs more consistency. I'd like to sign someone like Buerhle, Gallardo or Latos, even if just on one year deals.

nolan was a healing healthy all last year . wright has better stuff while wilson is more of a pitcher who ever wins out of st give them 5 starts a see . i think bundy should start and build his innings as a starter / longman . piggy back bundy /tj . all depends on how long the starters go as far as the bp goes .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nolan was a healing healthy all last year . wright has better stuff while wilson is more of a pitcher who ever wins out of st give them 5 starts a see . i think bundy should start and build his innings as a starter / longman . piggy back bundy /tj . all depends on how long the starters go as far as the bp goes .

I would definitely let Bundy be the long or middle reliever to build up his endurance back up this coming season and maybe turn him into a starter when rosters expand in September. No need to risk further injury to his arm.

As for Nolan, I don't see him being any better than a DH or reserve OF. I will not trust him to stay healthy for a full season until I actually see it.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely let Bundy be the long or middle reliever to build up his endurance back up this coming season and maybe turn him into a starter when rosters expand in September. No need to risk further injury to his arm.

As for Nolan, I don't see him being any better than a DH or reserve OF. I will not trust him to stay healthy for a full season until I actually see it.

i think the same thing with manny , matt , aj , schoop and jj . nolan problems was achilles that the o's let get worse instead of fixing it early look at howard (phils)how well he came back from the same thing that took nolan 2 plus years but same problem . then his neck thing has hampered him the last 3 or 4 years . i hope for a healthy year for all the o's . if nolan was the 4th of would be a upgrade over lough . btw buck and brady are both in nolans corner .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to see pearce with the rays . good luck steve but not against us . with davis they say we are a 4th place team . lmao a little over the top i think . schoop , aj , matt and jj all missed alot of time and played hurt . just plug nolan in rf and let it go . i do like hoes if kim sucks which i hope kim is good . trumbo at dh should be a huge upgrade over last year . trey and walker should be ready at some point this year .

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With yesterday's signing Navarro we should be set...Lol! Really DD, just sign Alvarez to a one year deal to give the team more options (field & plate) and sign a low-end pitcher which you were going to do all along and be done already. DD has kept the fan base hostage all off season along with Davis so let's move forward already.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With yesterday's signing Navarro we should be set...Lol! Really DD, just sign Alvarez to a one year deal to give the team more options (field & plate) and sign a low-end pitcher which you were going to do all along and be done already. DD has kept the fan base hostage all off season along with Davis so let's move forward already.

what are they going to do with jimmy p ? not sure alvarez would fit on this team . my thinking is navarro is at aaa since he has options .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to see pearce with the rays . good luck steve but not against us . with davis they say we are a 4th place team . lmao a little over the top i think . schoop , aj , matt and jj all missed alot of time and played hurt . just plug nolan in rf and let it go . i do like hoes if kim sucks which i hope kim is good . trumbo at dh should be a huge upgrade over last year . trey and walker should be ready at some point this year .

Hoes is gone now.

"The Orioles have acquired first baseman/outfielder Efren Navarro from the Angels in exchange for cash considerations, the teams announced today. In order to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Navarro, Baltimore announced that it has designated outfielder L.J. Hoes for assignment."

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoes is gone now.

"The Orioles have acquired first baseman/outfielder Efren Navarro from the Angels in exchange for cash considerations, the teams announced today. In order to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Navarro, Baltimore announced that it has designated outfielder L.J. Hoes for assignment."
hoes may clear he wants to stay an oriole . navarro it's about being lhh . maybe a war between navarro and uuuu for the bench spot . garcia may get a chance to see if he can be the 5th starter . i would like a lee or fister signing which lee may have nothing left in that left arm . low risk high reward

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a reasonable 1 year deal we couldn't get done. Great job again DD. Glad when he is gone!!!

i have no faith in dd he keeps trading pitching for so and so guys . davies and harder should have been kept .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a reasonable 1 year deal we couldn't get done. Great job again DD. Glad when he is gone!!!

Agreed we should of made that deal. Not much left for starters maybe they give Cliff Lee a 1 year deal.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed we should of made that deal. Not much left for starters maybe they give Cliff Lee a 1 year deal.

Did you notice DD demeanor during the intro to re-signing Davis? Guy is a tool and looks like a *********. Always says one thing but does another. Kicks the tires on everything to make mention that the O's are players in FA but reality is, there really isn't much interest in spending money to facilitate a competitive team. We have done NOTHING to improve our pitching staff this off season which was an albatross last year. Weiters will walk in a year and Manny will be gone when his time is up, you can bet that. These guys won't stick around when they can go to places like the Dodgers, Cardinals, Giants, Tigers, Angels etc...who have proven they will spend what it takes to field a winning/competitive team which starts and ends with solid pitching. It disgust me how this team is ran by the front office and yet, I'm a loyal fan. I can be pissed off though.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you notice DD demeanor during the intro to re-signing Davis? Guy is a tool and looks like a *********. Always says one thing but does another. Kicks the tires on everything to make mention that the O's are players in FA but reality is, there really isn't much interest in spending money to facilitate a competitive team. We have done NOTHING to improve our pitching staff this off season which was an albatross last year. Weiters will walk in a year and Manny will be gone when his time is up, you can bet that. These guys won't stick around when they can go to places like the Dodgers, Cardinals, Giants, Tigers, Angels etc...who have proven they will spend what it takes to field a winning/competitive team which starts and ends with solid pitching. It disgust me how this team is ran by the front office and yet, I'm a loyal fan. I can be pissed off though.

well like i have always said britton could have been an ace . if he was given the arrieta and matusz chance . the o's had that doyle guy had a wonderful season i wonder if he would get a shot at 5th starter . i hate when we sign guys and then block others as dd does alot . remembering bud norris .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on DD. I've never liked him from the start and he always avoids questions with answers that have nothing to do with the question at hand. I also hated that crap he said the other day about wanting to keep the draft picks. This is supposed to be a team in win now mode. I'd rather give up a prospect for a guy that's going to help us instead of a guy that might or might not help us somewhere down the road. We already got a pick for Chen signing with the Marlins, so I wouldn't have been upset if they say signed an Upton or Gallardo or whatnot.

well like i have always said britton could have been an ace . if he was given the arrieta and matusz chance . the o's had that doyle guy had a wonderful season i wonder if he would get a shot at 5th starter . i hate when we sign guys and then block others as dd does alot . remembering bud norris .
Sadly, I think trading Jake was the best thing that could happen. It was obvious his confidence was shot here and he was never going to improve. The longer we would've kept trotting him out there every 5th day to get shelled, the worse we would've been and would've lessened his trade value even more (we got screwed big time on that trade looking back at it). I just wish he had found that groove here that he has now in Chicago.
I'm not sure about Britton being an ace but I have absolutely no issues with him being our closer. When he's out there in the 9th, I usually can feel confident that we will pull out the game. I had always had high hopes that Matusz was going to get his act together and finally be a solid top-middle of the rotation guy but sadly, all he is is just a decent-good middle-long reliever.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is just me talking but would signing Buehrle to a one year deal be a bad thing? He's a solid innings eater and would be a good guy for everyone to learn from. If we sign a pitcher, I'd like for it to be either him or Latos.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is just me talking but would signing Buehrle to a one year deal be a bad thing? He's a solid innings eater and would be a good guy for everyone to learn from. If we sign a pitcher, I'd like for it to be either him or Latos.
seems mark is looking to retire . worley at 2.8 million seems like he is our 5th starter .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"
he Orioles and Padres are in agreement on a trade that will send right-handerOdrisamer Despaigne to Baltimore in exchange for minor league right-hander Jean Cosme, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com had first reported that Cosme was headed to the O’s in exchange for a pitcher off San Diego’s Major League roster.

Despaigne, 28, is coming off a tough season with the Padres in which he posted a sky-high 5.80 ERA with 4.9 K/9, 2.3 BB.9 and a 50.5 percent ground-ball rate in 125 1/3 innings. While the ERA is certainly uninspiring, metrics such as FIP, xFIP and SIERA all pegged Despaigne more in the mid-4.00 range, with some of the ERA spike being attributed to an abnormally low number of runners stranded and a spike in his homer-to-flyball ratio. A year prior, Despaigne tossed 96 1/3 innings in his rookie season, compiling a considerably better 3.36 ERA with 6.1 K/9, 3.0 BB/9 and a 52.5 percent ground-ball rate. Despaigne has experience both in the rotation and the bullpen and will give Baltimore another arm for its rotation mix or serve as a candidate to compete for a swingman job out of the bullpen. As Kubatko noted, Despaigne also has minor league options remaining (three of them, to be exact), so he can be sent down to Triple-A and stored at Norfolk as a depth piece in the event that an injury arises."