• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of salary cap is too difficult for you to grasp?

ill tell you PRECISELY the part that I fail to grasp about the salary cap---- YOU ARE ALLOWED TO GO OVER IT AND THE RICHEST OWNERS LIKE GILBERT DO!

they spend hugely over the cap to give themselves the best chance to win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and i totally agree with spending more money on the product--- that something the LAkers can DEFINITELY do- they have the reputation for having the least progressive analytics department in the entire league....

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill tell you PRECISELY the part that I fail to grasp about the salary cap---- YOU ARE ALLOWED TO GO OVER IT AND THE RICHEST OWNERS LIKE GILBERT DO!

they spend hugely over the cap to give themselves the best chance to win.

AND HOW'S THAT WORKED OUT FOR HIM SO FAR...?

Cue the laugh track...:lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and i totally agree with spending more money on the product--- that something the LAkers can DEFINITELY do- they have the reputation for having the least progressive analytics department in the entire league....

Source...?

I'd like to read that one by a REPUTABLE person...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's money does come off the books after this season, and as you yourself mentioned they DO have to stay within the confines of the current CBA...

Gonna have pretty much a fuckton of money. your crystal ball telling you no players are gonna jump on it...?

What's hilarious is that in his letter, Dan Gilbert swore that the Cavs would win a title before Lebron did.

Then he proceeded to tank so that he could gather assets to attract top level FA's. Wiggy has gone as far as to claim that he did this to get Lebron to come back. That it was some "master plan."

Now, the Lakers decide not to overpay lesser players, wait for Kobe to retire while gathering assets and freeing up cap space and suddenly "they're not doing anything to improve the team."

Literally can't make shit like that up.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And obtw, Cali's STILL a great place to move to...

What's the weather like in Cletown these days...?
ask Greg Monroe who decided to go to Milwaukee when offered millions by hte LAkers.-- or Kevin Love for that matter--- or pretty much any free agent the lakers have courted over the last near half decade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers currently have nearly 5 times the operating income of the Cavs.

And they have 1/20th the debt servicing as they essentially own the team outright.

Not to mention the asset value will skyrocket to unfair levels once the new Lakers TV deal is set.

The Lakers are fine.

I think Wiggy has somehow missed this post. Pretty much ends the discussion.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's hilarious is that in his letter, Dan Gilbert swore that the Cavs would win a title before Lebron did.

Then he proceeded to tank so that he could gather assets to attract top level FA's. Wiggy has gone as far as to claim that he did this to get Lebron to come back. That it was some "master plan."

Now, the Lakers decide not to overpay lesser plaers, wait for Kobe to retire while gathering assets and freeing up cap space and suddenly "they're not doing anything to improve the team."

Literally can't make shit like that up.

once again, Cue the laugh track...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing sweeter than watching DeAndre Jordan miss clutch free throws with time running down in the 4th quarter!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ask Greg Monroe who decided to go to Milwaukee when offered millions by hte LAkers.-- or Kevin Love for that matter--- or pretty much any free agent the lakers have courted over the last near half decade.

Totally skipped the part where i said Kobe's money was coming off the books...

Nicely done...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? How many times did he do that without Lebron on the roster. You know, during those 4 years when he was in Miami and Gilbert guaranteed Cavs fans they would win a title before he did.

Oh wait. You may have missed all of that since you were an OKC fan then.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing sweeter than watching DeAndre Jordan miss clutch free throws with time running down in the 4th quarter!

Nothing funnier either (sorry @Mecca). Ridiculous that so many of these guys can't shoot free throws any better than they do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers starting PF and SF combined for 4 points on 1 of 7 shooting....not easy to win when that happens---Chris Paul did play a helluva game though. DeAndre Jordan took only 5 shots....

Kevin Love with a great performance 18 and 16...lebron with 12 assists...kyrie high scorer at 21 in only 28 minutes....very good balance and ball movement tonight...lets see if they can keep that up.
Clips had been playing well lately- but without Griffin- it wasnt gonna be a very easy especially with the Cavs new focus...