• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Part of the reason the Gasol/CP3 trade was vetoed by the league is because Dan Gilbert cried to Sterling about how it wasn't fair that the Lakers were able to improve the team while lowering their salary, thus lowering their tax and cutting into his NBA welfare check.

If a business is profitable, it doesn't matter how much money the business owner has personally because they aren't having to use any of their personal money to cover the cost.

:hammer:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy thinks that whichever owner has the most personal money will pay his players the most. He has no clue about revenue streams and profits. Or how foolish an owner would be if he's dipping into his own funds to pay for his team.

The discussion that he's referring to is when he was claiming that the Cavs could outspend the Lakers because of Dan Gilberts money. He doesn't grasp that if an owner is dipping into his own funds to pay for his team, he's doing something wrong. If he's doing that, it means the team is losing money. He doesn't grasp the Lakers deal with Time-Warner or the profits the team makes.

He likes to brag about how rich Gilbert is without acknowledging the years that the Cavs spent on NBA welfare and how a good chunk of that money came from the Lakers.
lol...Cavs taking the Lakers welfare? If I remember correctly- it WAS THE CAVS- eating a contract like Luke Waltons FOR THE LAKERS

I mean think of that- THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS TOLD THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS- SURE- WE WILL HELP TAKE SOME PAYROLL OFF YOUR HANDS IF YOU GIVE US YOUR FIRST ROUND PICK!!!...lol

I mean- really- thats all you need to know about the diverging direction those teams are going since Dan Gilbert took over and Jerry Buss stepped down.

The Cavs will spend more in luxury tax in one season then the Lakers have spent in any 3 seasons in their entire existence.....and Dan Gilbert could buy and sell the Buss' 3 times over.

and this is something that old farts like Trojan simply do not grasp--- guys like Gilbert and Cuban? THIS IS THEIR HOBBY! they will go into the red to win! They dont care--- they are not like the Buss' and the only reason that they even HAVE an NBA franchise is because they got in decades ago.....IF the Buss' tried to buy an NBA on the paltry number of assets they have outside of basketball in the modern day NBA- they would get laughed out of the league office. THEY CANT OPERATE IN THE RED BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SUPPLEMENT!

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...Cavs taking the Lakers welfare? If I remember correctly- it WAS THE CAVS- eating a contract like Luke Waltons FOR THE LAKERS

I mean think of that- THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS TOLD THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS- SURE- WE WILL HELP TAKE SOME PAYROLL OFF YOUR HANDS IF YOU GIVE US YOUR FIRST ROUND PICK!!!...lol

I mean- really- thats all you need to know about the diverging direction those teams are going since Dan Gilbert took over and Jerry Buss stepped down.

The Cavs will spend more in luxury tax in one season then the Lakers have spent in any 3 seasons in their entire existence.....and Dan Gilbert could buy and sell the Buss' 3 times over.

and this is something that old farts like Trojan simply do not grasp--- guys like Gilbert and Cuban? THIS IS THEIR HOBBY! they will go into the red to win! They dont care--- they are not like the Buss' and the only reason that they even HAVE an NBA franchise is because they got in decades ago.....IF the Buss' tried to buy an NBA on the paltry number of assets they have outside of basketball in the modern day NBA- they would get laughed out of the league office. THEY CANT OPERATE IN THE RED BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SUPPLEMENT!

They're in the red now? Dangit, Wiggy saw the books...:scratch:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...Cavs taking the Lakers welfare?

You're full of crap and you know it. Gilbert was on the NBA welfare because the Cavs sucked and couldn't make any money. When the Lakers attempted to make the Gasol/CP3 trade, Gilbert was one of 2 owners to cry about it. His reasoning was exactly what I posted. He didn't think it was fair that the Lakers were able to improve the team and lower their player salary which lowered their tax burden and ultimately, his welfare check.

You can try to deflect and make all of the bullshit excuses you want. But the very owner that you have claimed "could buy and sell the Buss family many times over" was on NBA welfare because he couldn't put together a team that could turn a profit.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh whoa and despair on the Lakers franchise. Wiggy has exposed us to the world and forcasts DECADES of doom upon us. Good players will stay away, bad players will boycott, and the Buss' will have to Hock the whole enchilada at Philbert's pawn shop for a buck 98 and a half pack of Doublemint gum...

Abandon all hope, Lakers Nation. It's just the beginning of the dark ages for us all. Those 16 O'Briens will be tarnished and broken before we ever sniff success again...

Sheesh...:rolleyes2:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THEY CANT OPERATE IN THE RED BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SUPPLEMENT!

This is hands down the most idiotic statement I've read. I sure hope you're not going into business law.

Since fucking when is a business supposed to operate in the red? The point of a business is to operate in the black. In other words, to be profitable.

If a business is operating in the red, they're doing something wrong and aren't operating a sustainable business model.

:lol: @ you bragging about a business operating in the red and trying to pretend that the Lakers operating in the black is a bad business model. :pound:

They can't operate in the red. :pound: :pound:

What's that saying of yours @ChiefsLakers67? "You meet all kinds on the internet."

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're full of crap and you know it. Gilbert was on the NBA welfare because the Cavs sucked and couldn't make any money. When the Lakers attempted to make the Gasol/CP3 trade, Gilbert was one of 2 owners to cry about it. His reasoning was exactly what I posted. He didn't think it was fair that the Lakers were able to improve the team and lower their player salary which lowered their tax burden and ultimately, his welfare check.

You can try to deflect and make all of the bullshit excuses you want. But the very owner that you have claimed "could buy and sell the Buss family many times over" was on NBA welfare because he couldn't put together a team that could turn a profit.

This is the very reason Mecca pointed out the other day why everyone gives Wiggy a hard way to go. All the bragging, shit talk and outright trolling...

Reactions: LAD

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hands down the most idiotic statement I've read. I sure hope you're not going into business law.

Since fucking when is a business supposed to operate in the red? The point of a business is to operate in the black. In other words, to be profitable.

If a business is operating in the red, they're doing something wrong and aren't operating a sustainable business model.

:lol: @ you bragging about a business operating in the red and trying to pretend that the Lakers operating in the black is a bad business model. :pound:

What's that saying of yours @ChiefsLakers67? "You meet all kinds on the internet."

Said it for years. And once again validated...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

again...obviously you either didnt read my post or - like i said- this is something that is just outside of your generations thinking.

Do you think Mark Cuban bought the Mavericks as a business? ITS HIS HOBBY. Do you think Dan Gilbert just really thought it was a GREAT investment- the NBA? ITS HIS HOBBY.....Stan Kroenke? All these guys

These new age owners- the type that pay 525 million for hte Milwaukee Bucks- they do it for the prestige of owning a pro sports franchise.

THEY DONT CARE IF THEY LOSE MONEY ON IT. Its about ego- its about winning. ITS NOT THAT WAY for the Buss'- they got into it decades ago as a family business. This is what they do! -although- in true nepotistic form that we have only seen rivaled by Jim Dolan in NY- this 2nd generation has done it pretty poorly thus far.....

You think Dan Gilbert or Prokorhov or Cuban CARE if they lose 30-40-50-60 million on their NBA team when they have MULTIPLE BILLIONS in the bank?

lol..you have GOT to be kidding me. The Buss' NEED the basketball business - just as most of the old school owners do- the Cavs and Mavs and Heat and Trailblazers and Clippers, Magic--- THIS IS THEIR OWNERS HOBBY.

I mean- look at it right now....Ballmer buys the Clippers- they resign all their guys- have a huge payroll and a first class organization for the first time ever!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he continues to show that he's not smart enough to listen to her.

Well personally, if the likes being a human laugh track i say let him. Hell, i joined the military a long time ago to protect the rights of Americans...even the right to be a jackass if you wanna be...

Gotta remember,TF12. It's his right as an American citizen...:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again...obviously you either didnt read my post or - like i said- this is something that is just outside of your generations thinking.

Do you think Mark Cuban bought the Mavericks as a business? ITS HIS HOBBY. Do you think Dan Gilbert just really thought it was a GREAT investment- the NBA? ITS HIS HOBBY.....Stan Kroenke? All these guys

These new age owners- the type that pay 525 million for hte Milwaukee Bucks- they do it for the prestige of owning a pro sports franchise.

THEY DONT CARE IF THEY LOSE MONEY ON IT. Its about ego- its about winning. ITS NOT THAT WAY for the Buss'- they got into it decades ago as a family business. This is what they do! all though- this 2nd generation has done it pretty poorly thus far.....

You think Dan Gilbert or Prokorhov or Cuban CARE if they lose 30-40-50-60 million on their NBA team when they have MULTIPLE BILLIONS in the bank?

lol..you have GOT to be kidding me. The Buss' NEED the basketball business - just as most of the old school owners do- the Cavs and Mavs and Heat and Trailblazers and Clippers, Magic---

I mean- look at it right now....Ballmer buys the Clippers- they resign all their guys- have a huge payroll and a first class organization for the first time ever!

Yes, I'm sure all of those business men want to operate their NBA franchises in the red. Go sell your bullshit someplace else.

Bottom line, you tried to claim that the Cavs could/would outspend the Lakers because of Dan Gilberts personal wealth. You were proven wrong and shown that you have no clue about operating a business.

Now you're trying to change the subject into something else in a desperate attempt to save face. It's not working, btw.

Whether or not the Buss family "needs" the basketball business or not, doesn't change the fact that they have a successful business model and don't have to worry about operating in the red.

Bottom line, because of their smart business decisions, they don't have to worry about operating in the red.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well personally, if the likes being a human laugh track i say let him. Hell, i joined the military a long time ago to protect the rights of Americans...even the right to be a jackass if you wanna be...

Gotta remember,TF12. It's his right as an American citizen...:lol:

Well, then I guess it would be unpatriotic to stop him.:usa2:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm sure all of those business men want to operate their NBA franchises in the red. Go sell your bullshit someplace else.

Bottom line, you tried to claim that the Cavs could/would outspend the Lakers because of Dan Gilberts personal wealth. You were proven wrong and shown that you have no clue about operating a business.

Now you're trying to change the subject into something else in a desperate attempt to save face. It's not working, btw.

Whether or not the Buss family "needs" the basketball business or not, doesn't change the fact that they have a successful business model and don't have to worry about operating in the red.

Bottom line, because of their smart business decisions, they don't have to worry about operating in the red.
IM proven WRONG? lol...dude, are you delusional? The Cavs have the 2nd highest payroll in the history of the NBA and have spent more this year than the Lakers EVER HAVE IN THEIR HISTORY....i mean -that takes some MAJOR balls to say that with the data 100% contradictory to your argument. Freaking HILARIOUS.

outspending the Lakers because of Dan Gilberts PERSONAL wealth IS PRECISELY what the Cavs are doing! ITS WHATS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW - RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE! How is that not BLATANTLY obvious?! Seriously! lol....i mean, seriously think about what you just said.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean think about this--- you go bragging about how much the LAkers operation makes--- the Cavs outspend the Lakers BY A HUGE MARGIN---- HOW could it NOT be Dan Gilberts personal wealth then? lol....holy shit....i mean....i just dont know what to say when someone INSISTS the sky is red when its blue.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM proven WRONG? lol...dude, are you delusional? The Cavs have the 2nd highest payroll in the history of the NBA and have spent more this year than the Lakers EVER HAVE IN THEIR HISTORY....i mean -that takes some MAJOR balls to say that with the data 100% contradictory to your argument. Freaking HILARIOUS.

outspending the Lakers because of Dan Gilberts PERSONAL wealth IS PRECISELY what the Cavs are doing! ITS WHATS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW - RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE! How is that not BLATANTLY obvious?! Seriously! lol....i mean, seriously think about what you just said.

And they have all them trophies to prove what a visionary Dan Gilbert is...

oh wait...