• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Luke? As far as i'm concerned nobody knows what he's really like. When he took over from Kerr, he was basically just playing Kerrs style.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Luke? As far as i'm concerned nobody knows what he's really like. When he took over from Kerr, he was basically just playing Kerrs style.

He's actually been considered an up and coming young coach, ever since he was a player. Also, he may have been coaching Kerr's style, but he did it well, did a good job with in game adjustments, etc.

Also, sometimes you show how good you are by how you don't screw things up when given a chance.

The reason I think he'd be a good fit for the Lakers is how young they are and how young he is. They can all grow together. Plus, he was a Laker for what? 8 years? So, he knows the organization, he knows the city and the fans.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It more than him just doing what Kerr tells him. For example, Kerr has a "everyone has a voice" approach to his coaching, meaning he lets all his assistants chime in on strategy, game planning, etc. He's credited Walton with several line up decisions and game plans that won the Warriors the championship last year. That shows that Luke is already pretty darn sharp as a game manager despite being relatively new to coaching. And as you saw this year, he stepped in flawlessly into the HC role. You may think its easy with GS, but there's plenty of coaches that couldn't have done that and would have lost 3 or 4 more games due to poor game management. He's got a feel for the coaching aspect of the game and every player raves about him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, he'll bring along Kerr's system and most likely implement it working with Mitch to get the right pieces; many of whom are already in place.