• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea TJF12, I like your last paragraph explanation which makes our attempts pretty viable. Don't know if I agree on the Nance explanation though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea TJF12, I like your last paragraph explanation which makes our attempts pretty viable. Don't know if I agree on the Nance explanation though.

I don't want to be right on Nance. I want him to be really good. It's just my opinion that he'll top out as a 6th man/energy player off the bench.

I will say that his level of talent is pretty apparent. If he is willing to work hard on his game, every off-season beginning with this one, then you may very well be right and I would be perfectly happy to eat my words.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be right on Nance. I want him to be really good. It's just my opinion that he'll top out as a 6th man/energy player off the bench.

I will say that his level of talent is pretty apparent. If he is willing to work hard on his game, every off-season beginning with this one, then you may very well be right and I would be perfectly happy to eat my words.

Yep your last paragraph encapsulates my thoughts except for the eating of words. That is not my style but if Nance is willing to go the Clarkson route, then I know he'll be as good as his dad. Maybe we can pry George away from Indiana with other assets?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep your last paragraph encapsulates my thoughts except for the eating of words. That is not my style but if Nance is willing to go the Clarkson route, then I know he'll be as good as his dad. Maybe we can pry George away from Indiana with other assets?

Maybe. Outside of the #3 pick and one of the young guys, I don't know what else the Lakers would have to offer that Indiana would be interested in.

Assuming Nance keeps working on his game, you may be right for them to focus on Whiteside (or even someone like Horford). Then just let all of these young guys develop and grow together. Similar to what OKC did. That could be a great way to go, especially if they get the right coach. If they signed one of those players to a max or near max, they could use the remaining cap space to give the bench a serious upgrade and make for a young, deep team that could very good for years to come.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep TJF12, that is what I was thinking. If the Lakers concentrate on signing Whiteside then the last piece of a re-designed Lakers would be in place and like you stated, they could all grow together.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you called this TJF12. It would be a mistake but I guess short Buss has more power than we all thought. Perhaps they have fallen in love with picking in the top five every year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you called this TJF12. It would be a mistake but I guess short Buss has more power than we all thought. Perhaps they have fallen in love with picking in the top five every year.

If they do keep Byron, I'm not too worried about it. I don't think he'd last much beyond next season anyway. If they don't get Luke or Thibs, they may as well keep him around.

I think that would be better than bringing in another coach who may not be much, if any, better and then firing that coach in 2-3 years. Basically, keep Byron until they get the coach they really want.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do keep Byron, I'm not too worried about it. I don't think he'd last much beyond next season anyway. If they don't get Luke or Thibs, they may as well keep him around.

I think that would be better than bringing in another coach who may not be much, if any, better and then firing that coach in 2-3 years. Basically, keep Byron until they get the coach they really want.
With Byron as coach, what free agents would he attract???? Go after Thibs or Walton for crying out loud!!!! It is time for the Lakers to start fresh with a new coach.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for sure. If the Lakers keep B. Scott, he will now be under greater scrutiny because Scott will not have the Kobe narrative to hide behind anymore.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for sure. If the Lakers keep B. Scott, he will now be under greater scrutiny because Scott will not have the Kobe narrative to hide behind anymore.
That is so true, but the thought of him coaching the Lakers next year is a downer.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Byron as coach, what free agents would he attract???? Go after Thibs or Walton for crying out loud!!!! It is time for the Lakers to start fresh with a new coach.

Dude, re-read my post. :lol:

I said if they can't get Luke or Thibs. I think the Lakers should draw up a huge contract and see if one of them will sign.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly my point. If the Lakers can't get Luke or Thibs, then Byron gets a season to show whether the problem was the rosters he was given or his coaching. All excuses are removed.

If it turns out that it was the rosters...great, we have our coach.

If it turns out that it was his coaching...he's gone and no one can say that he wasn't given a fair shot.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, re-read my post. :lol:

I said if they can't get Luke or Thibs. I think the Lakers should draw up a huge contract and see if one of them will sign.
I was stating my feelings on the topic. My question was general not to you.