• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Season Preview thread

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to FSU is to keep Jameis away from the smell of seafood, which seems to be the source of his off field woes. [rim shot]

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah-o.gif

oh-yes.gif

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is solid stuff, Boise Fan. Thank you and keep 'em coming.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're are going to miss that kid. He was some kind of good. If the freaking ball hit his hand, he was going to come down with it.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the week I'll usually do 1 or 2 team previews

weekends will vary.

miami.gif

Miami-Florida Hurricanes

Preview: Miami looked to have a resurgent season last year when they started an impressive 7-0, but unfortunately they faded late in the year and eventually were blown out by Louisville in their bowl game. This year Miami is looking for a new quarterback after Stephen Morris graduated, issues for Miami QBs lately have been their turnovers, its a major question if one of these new QBs is any different. Miami will still have Duke Johnson once he returns from his injury. The defense is another question mark. Miami's season could really go any way.

Predictions: Miami opens the season with the same team that blew them out in their bowl game, but them and Louisville will be different, I still think Louisville takes it though. Miami beats Florida A&M easily and should beat Arkansas State, but loses on the road to Nebraska and at home to Duke. Miami wins on the road over Georgia Tech as they have had their number for a while now, Miami then plays a challenging non-conference game against Cincinnati, I have them winning that one. Miami loses the next 3 games though on the road to Virginia Tech, and at home against North Carolina and Florida State. Miami wins on the road over Virginia and wins at home over Pitt.

Predicted Record: 6-6(3-5)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're are going to miss that kid. He was some kind of good. If the freaking ball hit his hand, he was going to come down with it.

Thanks sir

I'm hoping we see the same thing LOL

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks sir

I'm hoping we see the same thing LOL

I'm thinking about gong to the preseason Bills/Panthers game on Aug. 8th. I just hate to make the trip knowing that he'll only play a quarter, maybe two, but my boy (6 years old) loves Sammy and is begging me to take him. I'll probably end up in Charlotte sweating my ass off in the August heat, watching that game and buying my boy a Jersey. I need to save up.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking about gong to the preseason Bills/Panthers game on Aug. 8th. I just hate to make the trip knowing that he'll only play a quarter, maybe two, but my boy (6 years old) loves Sammy and is begging me to take him. I'll probably end up in Charlotte sweating my ass off in the August heat, watching that game and buying my boy a Jersey. I need to save up.

I still think it would be a fun experience for the young one even if Sammy Watkins only plays a quarter. You're most likely going to end up going, always happened to me back when mine was that age.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jcmn1syys6pch785fhnb.gif

NC State Wolfpack

Preview: Last season turned out to be a very bad season for NC State as they went 3-9 and didn't win a single conference game. With returning starters, a settled QB and an easier schedule this season should be better for NC State. They're going to have to hope for less injuries too.

Predictions: The non-conference schedule includes a FCS school, two schools that just entered FBS and a team that struggled even more than they did last year. NC State should start off with an easy win over Georgia Southern, Old Dominion has some good players on offense but NC State should beat them or it will be a long season. USF on the road will be interesting depending on how much USF improves, I have NC State taking it though and then closing non-conference 4-0 by beating Presbyterian, a team who's nickname is the Blue hose. Things change fast for NC State though as they then play Florida State, while at home where they have pulled off wins over Florida State lately, this Florida State team is different and probably will give NC State a blowout loss. NC State then loses on the road to Clemson. NC State pulls off a win over Boston College, but loses the next 3. NC State beats Wake Forest to finally gain bowl eligibility before losing to North Carolina in the finale.

Predicted Record: 6-6(2-6)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this one might surprise some folks

NorthCarolinaTarHeels.jpg

North Carolina Tar Heels

Preview: Last season was a rough start for North Carolina starting out 1-5 including a blowout loss to East Carolina, North Carolina hit a huge surge late in the year and ended up winning their bowl game in dominant form over Cincinnati, a lot of key guys from that run are returning this year, which could lead to a great year for North Carolina.

Predictions: Liberty will be an easy win for North Carolina but San Diego State gives them a fight before North Carolina wins, North Carolina does get caught looking ahead to Clemson and loses on the road to East Carolina in an upset. North Carolina does beat Clemson, and then Virginia Tech after. North Carolina then suffers their second loss, losing on the road to Notre Dame. From there it gets easier for North Carolina and they actually win the final 6 games for a very strong finish and a birth in the ACC title game.

Predicted Record: 10-2(8-0)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The logo wasn't supposed to be the thing that surprised folks, wow that turned out to be massive.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6a00d83451b26169e2019aff216a01970d-800wi

Pittsburgh Panthers

Preview: Last season was a decent season for Pitt especially for the step up in competition they faced by entering the ACC, and Pitt went to a bowl other than the BBVA compass bowl for once. Pitt loses their QB and their best player in Aaron Donald, but Pitt still returns some players and looks set for a solid season in Paul Chryst's 3rd year.

Predictions: Pitt opens the season with a win over Delaware and wins road games over Boston College and FIU to go 3-0. Pitt then plays Iowa at home which will quietly be a pretty interesting non-conference game, I have Iowa winning that one. Pitt then plays an improved Akron team but Pitt will win it, and Pitt wins the next 4 games to bring the winning streak to 6(toughest of those games will be Virginia Tech.) Pitt then loses to North Carolina, Syracuse and Miami of Florida which puts a little bit of a damper on an otherwise good season.

Predicted Record: 8-4(5-3)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
syracuse.gif

Syracuse

Preview: Syracuse had a pretty up and down season last season that did result in a bowl win. Syracuse gets a little momentum along with returning about everyone from last year's team, Syracuse is going to be one of the most improved teams in the ACC this year.

Predictions: Syracuse opens with pretty easy wins over Villanova and Central Michigan, before two challenging games against Maryland and Notre Dame, I think they lose those. Syracuse beats Louisville though, that finally comes to an end at home against Florida State though. Syracuse wins at Wake Forest, and then loses at Clemson. Syracuse beats NC State and Duke then loses at Pitt before ending the regular season beating Boston College.

Predicted Record: 7-5(5-3)

Last edited by a moderator:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3093_virginia_cavaliers-alternate-1994.png

Virginia Cavaliers

Preview: Last season was a rough season for Virginia that did start with promise, they beat BYU in the opener in bad weather, it basically was downhill for Virginia from there as they only beat VMI after and lost the rest. This year doesn't look too promising either, it doesn't seem Virginia is finding many good players and London could well be out after this year.

Predictions: Virginia opens at home against UCLA, its a pretty far trip for UCLA but Virginia doesn't have the talent to match up UCLA should still win easy. Virginia then hosts Richmond, one of the few wins they will have though Richmond could end up beating them if Virginia isn't careful. At home against Louisville and on the road against BYU will result in losses. Virginia gets a home win over Kent State, and the 2-5 start is as good as it gets as Virginia loses out and Mike London is likely fired.

Predicted Record: 2-10(0-8)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hokie1.gif

Virginia Tech Hokies

Preview: The past few years have been pretty bad by Virginia Tech's standards under Beamer. Last season started with promise as after an opening loss to Alabama, Virginia Tech went on a run and got into the top 15 before losing to Duke, which at the time was a stunning loss, Duke turned out to be good, but Virginia Tech still struggled towards the end of the year. Now the Logan Thomas era is over, Virginia Tech will try to move on from the talented but inaccurate QB, and perhaps return to consistently being in a BCS bowl. This year I feel they will be solid but not quite at BCS bowl level yet.

Predictions: Virginia Tech should roll in the opener, then lose to Ohio State, but that game could be closer than expected. ECU will provide a challenge but I have Virginia Tech winning it, Bud Foster has figured out how to stop Georgia Tech's triple option so Virginia Tech will beat them, and Virginia Tech beats Western Michigan to start 4-1. A road game against North Carolina follows, this one will be challenging and I see Virginia Tech losing it. Virginia Tech also loses at Pitt on a Thursday after a bye, but Virginia Tech wins over Miami of Florida and Boston College. Virginia Tech suffers a repeat loss to Duke which isn't as bad as it was thought to be last year, and then Virginia Tech wins the final 2 games easily.

Predicted Record: 8-4(5-3)