• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Schedule released

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically the B10 passed a mandate that no more FCS schools can be scheduled, so I would guess this game with UNI is the last FCS game we will play...finally. I hate playing the FCS and Iowa State...mostly cause I think of Iowa State as an overgrown FCS school. But I see that as a similar situation, we should beat them so if we do, it's no biggie, but if we lose that is an upset. It's a no win situation.

I would rather schedule Kansas at this point (who is not even as good as ISU) just to get something different. I want to see us move away from MAC games as well. What's wrong with a Troy or even ULM (well who knows if you are Arkansas) or even do a home and home with Colorado or Utah if you want a slightly tougher game or Tulsa or Tulane or Memphis if you want to beat up on a team.

Just kills me that our schedule is going to be one or the worst SOS in 2014 so if we don't win at least 9 that year we look like super putzes.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If we even dream of getting a sniff of the playoff, we need to actually schedule decently.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS ran a story on Barta. Said they are going to look at playing North Dakota St and another team from Gateway conference - besides keeping games with UNI. Barta went to North Dakota St - If I remember correctly??

I think it is a bad idea to be playing down a level.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that Barta and KF are just throwing in the towel on putting together a competitive schedule and just saying screw it, we do not want to be in a good bowl game or even a playoff...small minded thinkers get small returns...suck it up boys, go play an LSU or something, that October slot is waiting to be filled and it would look good.

Last time we played LSU it turned out pretty well, although we had to wait all game for it.

Weak scheduling is going to severely test my loyalties and my ability to keep large amounts of grumbling in check.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind having ISU on the schedule if Ferentz would treat it as a REAL rivalry game and start kicking their ass every year..to the point they want to opt out of playing us.

Really would love to see 2 non-conference games, one of them a tester. But at least pick up a BCS conference pair, say take a home and home with someone like NC State, and then maybe Tennessee/Vanderbilt. The tougher the schedule, the more you get out of the team in fall practice. They will know right up front, get to work or start out in the hole. Pelini said scheduling teams like UCLA/Washington, gets the kids attentions right at the start of fall camp. On another note, games like that would be better to stomach if we lost, than losing to Central f'n Michigan...

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amen to that, I think you are right, it is sort of a joke to play a Missouri State, you know they are lower division and really do fans want to see Iowa just beat up on a chump team? Although that UNI game a couple years ago was way too close...just not sure what they are thinking or drinking in Iowa City AD offices

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What year does the B1G-PAC 12 schedule agreement kick in? Hypothetically speaking: if Iowa finished 4th this year we would play the 4th place team in the PAC next year. This would be a similar format that the B1G-ACC challenge follows in basketball.

If the B1G-PAC 12 Challenge holds court - Iowa has an improved schedule. Through in Iowa St, because that game has to happen. That leaves one open date...and that probably goes to the MAC. Iowa would have 2 games against power conference teams and the MAC. In some respects, that is a good schedule...yet in other respects, the MAC game isn't helpful.

KF has a serious issue to resolve. His teams tend to start slowly and by October/November are playing much better. With the advent of the playoff, KF will need to adjust his preparation work for the program IF he wants Iowa to play for a playoff spot. IF KF doesn't want to change his approach, Iowa can kiss any chance of winning a B1G Championship away - EVER. We will be resigned to know that KF is getting paid roughly $4 million per year for mediocrity. That notion makes me want to puke!!!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Hawkeye!

I discovered the same about 2-hours after I posted. I wasn't able to go back and edit my previous post.

I think the conference 'challenge' is looming. Will have to wait and see if all conferences go that route???

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for a Big 10 - Pac 12 challenge. Would have loved to fly out to Corvallis and watch Hawks Beavers...

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty impressed with the Oregon State team last year, read an article on the coach, seems like a great guy, would love to do that trip or even one to Seattle to see them play the Huskies, I would so love to get revenge on those bastards