• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Rumor Thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya and per reports M's are the favorite to land him....just like the last one....and the one before that...and that guy over there....and.... I will get excited IF he signs. Little guy with plus, plus speed. I'll take him because I am a big believer you never have enough talent or potential talent.

Generally would agree, except Jack seems to keep stockpiling infield talent, most specifically, middle infield talent.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since there seems to be mutual interest, would you trade Franklin for Tommy Milone straight up?

I think I would. Sure, the A's could bring out Franklin's talent, but until then he's still a ML struggling prospect and Milone has shown he can pitch well in the majors and wants out. It would take some pressure off the Price rumors and we wouldn't have to give up all that talent.

Still would need bats, but we do need some quality starting pitching to step up too. Elias has come down to Earth and Erasmo sucks.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally would agree, except Jack seems to keep stockpiling infield talent, most specifically, middle infield talent.

Wasn't sure if you knew by your comment, but he is an outfielder.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since there seems to be mutual interest, would you trade Franklin for Tommy Milone straight up?

I think I would. Sure, the A's could bring out Franklin's talent, but until then he's still a ML struggling prospect and Milone has shown he can pitch well in the majors and wants out. It would take some pressure off the Price rumors and we wouldn't have to give up all that talent.

Still would need bats, but we do need some quality starting pitching to step up too. Elias has come down to Earth and Erasmo sucks.

I would straight up. As far as the Price trade, I don't think Franklin would stop them. They want a stud hitter it sounds like and that wouldn't be coming from us. That is why ESPN has been speculating that we need a team like Cubs to help do a 3 team trade with them sending the young stud to Tampa for us to get Price.

So let's do it for Milone.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably a bit of hyperbole from a scout to try to get walker for a lower price, mixed with a bit of reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to buy it for the most part. It almost makes sense to hold onto him because outside of Price no one is really available that would be worth giving up him when his value is at his lowest. Maybe he pitches well the rest of the year and we can deal him this winter.

Almost makes me wonder if they should tried to pull the Price deal last winter when it was rumored. Not sure if there was ever an offer but the price would have been lower since Walker was healthy then. Imagine if Price was in this rotation all year. Probably easily could have had another 5 wins and be in much better position.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't sure if you knew by your comment, but he is an outfielder.

I was being a smart ass in terms of what Jack keeps stock piling. Getting an outfielder is what the team needs.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really like the idea of Millone. He would thrive in the safe. Then we don't have the 5 hole which is looking like another bartender start.

I can get behind a rotation of the king, kuma, young, millone, elias...... (maybe switch young and millone so you dont go lefty lefty back to back.)

That also means we dont throw the farm at renta price.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i'd be fine with milone for franklin.

i do think that a club like the a's could develop franklin into an everyday second baseman who hits league average or above, but he's a redundancy for the m's. not sure he could fetch a whole lot more in return.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Mariners pursuing Starling Marte in trade talks
The Mariners have been pursuing Pirates outfielder Starling Marte in trade talks, according to the Beaver County Times. However, it is unclear if the Pirates will trade the left fielder after signing him to a five-year, $31-million contract in spring training.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners have been pursuing Pirates outfielder Starling Marte in trade talks, according to the Beaver County Times. However, it is unclear if the Pirates will trade the left fielder after signing him to a five-year, $31-million contract in spring training.

Pirates are right in the thick of things? All ive heard is they should be buying but dont want to spend prospsects... intersting.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this rumor started back in spring training when they needed a 1B and we needed an OF and they had their stud ready to come up at some point which he has. Who knows. Kid has speed, but low OBP if I remember right.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Polanco is up, for about a month and a half i think.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marte strikes out way too much for the type of player he should be (OBP with speed) but if it's only going to cost the M's one of their 1B and maybe a lower level prospect. I wouldn't care. It would be Jack Z type of move. Give nothing, get nothing.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yankees trade for 3b Chase headley.

they are right on our heels for the wild card.......

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you be happy with marte and millone being our upgrades?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good contract actually. 6 years, $31M with years 2020 and 2021 team options. Hard to find a decent player for $5M per year.

if it were structured for 6 years at $5 mill per year, i'd agree, but it's not.

the first 3.5 years at for a little over $9 million is awesome.

if he doesn't pan out, it becomes impossible to trade him because of the final 2 years of the contract, where the real money ($20 million guaranteed) is.

i'm so desperate for an outfield uprgrade, i'm not even against this. and if this were a front office willing to gamble payroll and spend more if it didn't pan out, i'd be cheering away for it.

anyhoo, as I said, I certainly see why the pirates would have no problems unloading him a few months after signing the contract.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Add a Zobrist, Byrd, and another SP then I would be happy. Not blockbuster moves, but they would help. I see us needing 2 starters because Elias is capped at 170 innings plus or minus, and Walker/Paxton/Ramirez won't get us through the season to the playoffs. Just my opinion.