• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Los Angeles Lakers

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the more important point is that most players probably do not want to play with Kobe. You can phrase it and twist the question however you want but in the end Kobe is not a good teammate. I assure you, most players know that.

It would be highly unprofessional for a player to state publicly he would not want to play with Kobe. That does not mean that it is not true.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the more important point is that most players probably do not want to play with Kobe. You can phrase it and twist the question however you want but in the end Kobe is not a good teammate. I assure you, most players know that.
problem was this WASN'T a "point", it was a supposition...

It would be highly unprofessional for a player to state publicly he would not want to play with Kobe. That does not mean that it is not true.

doesn't provide any proof that "nobody wants to play with him", either. just sayin'...

in any case, seems there's players on the team right now that'll play with him. sorry, but some of you are way off...:L

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron knows he NEEDS top talent around him to win anything, since he's poor under pressure (hence game 6 of the nba finals. And the rest of his career).

Lebron is smart, and will go to the team with the best players to cover up for all his short comings as a player....Lebron knows he coudln't win a gold medal without Kobe, but won 2 with him...

Lebron will by dying to play with Kobe, who is still the best player in the game. And obviously the best clutch player.

Personally I don't want Lebron coming to L.A to get another cheap ring. But it might happen.

:laugh3:

Every time I think you couldn't say something funnier you go and post something like this...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's a good teammate, he's just old school. He wants to be the undisputed leader and I think he's earned that right for at least another year or two. Magic and Bird would never play together, does that mean either one of them are bad teammates?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you Laker fans are striving to find any hope you can right now in this hour of implosion. If you can not look at the facts objectively I am not going to keep pointing them out to you.

doesn't provide any proof that "nobody wants to play with him", either. just sayin'...

in any case, seems there's players on the team right now that'll play with him. sorry, but some of you are way off...:L

Of course you have players on a team, it is mandatory. If any of them were still good we wouldn't be having this conversation.

95% of what is said on here is pure speculation anyways, to bring that up now in a debate solely based on observations is wasted. I think the fact that Howard left says that at least 1 super star doesn't want to play with him. You guys can bring up whatever twist on the situation you want but the fact is Howard went to Houston for less money to play with Harden over Kobe in LA and more money.

Kobe's a good teammate, he's just old school. He wants to be the undisputed leader and I think he's earned that right for at least another year or two. Magic and Bird would never play together, does that mean either one of them are bad teammates?

That's what they say now that their career's are over. Imagine if they were in todays game? You think they would not evolve to be winners in todays game? Like LBJ wouldn't incorporate hand checking into his D if he played back then? Yea right. They both had the luxury of being on stacked teams and great franchises their entire career. They didn't have to team up to experience winning or competence.

From the sounds of it, Kobe has never earned that respect.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"facts"? "hour of implosion"? lol, well i guess we'll see soon enough how THAT turns out...

haters GOTTA hate...

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you Laker fans are striving to find any hope you can right now in this hour of implosion. If you can not look at the facts objectively I am not going to keep pointing them out to you.

95% of what is said on here is pure speculation anyways, to bring that up now in a debate solely based on observations is wasted. I think the fact that Howard left says that at least 1 super star doesn't want to play with him. You guys can bring up whatever twist on the situation you want but the fact is Howard went to Houston for less money to play with Harden over Kobe in LA and more money.

That's what they say now that their career's are over. Imagine if they were in todays game? You think they would not evolve to be winners in todays game? Like LBJ wouldn't incorporate hand checking into his D if he played back then? Yea right. They both had the luxury of being on stacked teams and great franchises their entire career. They didn't have to team up to experience winning or competence.

The fact that free agents haven't come to the Lakers doesn't really mean much to me. We haven't needed it, we got Gasol, had CP3 and gambled on Dwight all through trades. Bynum was drafted by us. Just because Dwight doesn't want to play with us all of a sudden he sets the standard for all free agents? Dwight has been a nutcase all through this debacle. Refusing help from Jabbar and Nash then shrinking from the stage when it was time to put his money where his mouth was. Sorry, maybe you'll convince me next offseason (if we don't make some great trade by then). Until then your opinion on this matter is absolute hate and speculation.

At least 1 superstar doesn't want to play with Kobe, but if that superstar is Dwight I don't feel very bad about it at all. He's been more emotional than Lamar.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, starbigd just owned the fuck outta you. Go get your learn on, son, cause you stupid. Lol

Uh, you might want to actually read the article!! Outside of Smush Parker:wtf2:, the players interviewed said that while playing with Kobe can be tough, none of them had much to say that was negative!!

Antawn Jamison: Kobe will tell you. He's like, 'Look, you guys as my teammates, yell at me. Let me know that you're open because I'm so programmed,' and this guy has told me this, 'I see nothing but that basket. You could be open, there could be three guys on me, but the only thing I see is that basket so you have to tell me, Look, I was open. Or yell at me mid-play. That doesn't affect me at all and I respect that

Also, from Jamison: I think the thing we've seen in the past was most teammates might have been afraid to come to him or express, 'Kob' I was open,' or, 'That's not what we drew up'... The thing I like about this team, Steve Nash -- who is a Hall of Famer -- and Dwight [Howard] as well, Dwight and Kobe have gotten into shouting matches on the bench because Dwight will be like, 'Kob', that's your rotation. Get there.' And after the game he'll be like, 'Appreciate it, big fella. I needed that.'

I come in there and I look at him a certain way, he'll be like, 'OK, Jamison, you're right. My bad.'

It takes a certain time for him to be able to trust us. I think the thing that he has learned now is that he can trust us.

With 24 seconds on the clock, we're down one, instead of him, 'I got to do this, I got to do this,' he trusts Steve Nash to run the play. Or, he trusts us to throw the ball into Dwight. Or, 'You know what, the double team is coming, normally I might try to force this, but Antawn is open in the corner. I trust him that he'll make that shot.'

It's great to be with him. I love a guy who expects so much from his teammates. He pushes his teammates. After games, we're traveling, guys are on their laptops, their iPads, watching movies, listening to music, this guy is watching film. He's breaking down situations. I'll be watching a movie, he'll tap me like, 'Come here.' He'll dissect plays like, 'This is what we got to do, me and you got to get this going.' I mean, this guy eats, sleeps basketball and the only thing he wants to do is to win another championship and I've never seen anybody as focused, as dedicated as Kobe.

Then there's Pau Gasol re: Kobe's achilles injury: It's hard for me to see him like that. He doesn't deserve it. ... I hate that it happened to him. He works so hard. He's the most dedicated guy that I ever met, and he had the courage and the strength to talk to (the media). I don't know if I could have done it. So, again that's very remarkable.

Clearly there is overwhelming hate for Kobe throughout the league!!

Way to go starbigd: Thanks for proving Lakers fans points!!:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with the bolded out part is that Dwight himself said that Kobe isn't the reason he went to Houston!!

Now, who isn't looking at the facts objectively?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, you might want to actually read the article!! Outside of Smush Parker:wtf2:, the players interviewed said that while playing with Kobe can be tough, none of them had much to say that was negative!!

Antawn Jamison: Kobe will tell you. He's like, 'Look, you guys as my teammates, yell at me. Let me know that you're open because I'm so programmed,' and this guy has told me this, 'I see nothing but that basket. You could be open, there could be three guys on me, but the only thing I see is that basket so you have to tell me, Look, I was open. Or yell at me mid-play. That doesn't affect me at all and I respect that

Also, from Jamison: I think the thing we've seen in the past was most teammates might have been afraid to come to him or express, 'Kob' I was open,' or, 'That's not what we drew up'... The thing I like about this team, Steve Nash -- who is a Hall of Famer -- and Dwight [Howard] as well, Dwight and Kobe have gotten into shouting matches on the bench because Dwight will be like, 'Kob', that's your rotation. Get there.' And after the game he'll be like, 'Appreciate it, big fella. I needed that.'

I come in there and I look at him a certain way, he'll be like, 'OK, Jamison, you're right. My bad.'

It takes a certain time for him to be able to trust us. I think the thing that he has learned now is that he can trust us.

With 24 seconds on the clock, we're down one, instead of him, 'I got to do this, I got to do this,' he trusts Steve Nash to run the play. Or, he trusts us to throw the ball into Dwight. Or, 'You know what, the double team is coming, normally I might try to force this, but Antawn is open in the corner. I trust him that he'll make that shot.'

It's great to be with him. I love a guy who expects so much from his teammates. He pushes his teammates. After games, we're traveling, guys are on their laptops, their iPads, watching movies, listening to music, this guy is watching film. He's breaking down situations. I'll be watching a movie, he'll tap me like, 'Come here.' He'll dissect plays like, 'This is what we got to do, me and you got to get this going.' I mean, this guy eats, sleeps basketball and the only thing he wants to do is to win another championship and I've never seen anybody as focused, as dedicated as Kobe.

Then there's Pau Gasol re: Kobe's achilles injury: It's hard for me to see him like that. He doesn't deserve it. ... I hate that it happened to him. He works so hard. He's the most dedicated guy that I ever met, and he had the courage and the strength to talk to (the media). I don't know if I could have done it. So, again that's very remarkable.

Clearly there is overwhelming hate for Kobe throughout the league!!

Way to go starbigd: Thanks for proving Lakers fans points!!:lol:

Why don't you cut and paste EVERYTHING those players said, instead of cherry picking the parts you like?

Thanks for proving my point that you can't be objective at all. You have an article of former (some current) players telling you it's hard to play with Kobe, and some telling you they didn't like it. What, you think free agents that know these guys don't talk to them? EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM basically said you aren't getting the ball from Kobe.

So, WHICH superstars do you know that are willing to sacrifice their own stats for Kobe? Even in the quotes you cherry picked.......it says basically Kobe isn't passing the ball, LMAO........Please enlighten me......and PLEASE TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what will be the better situation in 2014? Miami or LA? ANSWER THAT

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you cut and paste EVERYTHING those players said, instead of cherry picking the parts you like?

Thanks for proving my point that you can't be objective at all. You have an article of former (some current) players telling you it's hard to play with Kobe, and some telling you they didn't like it. What, you think free agents that know these guys don't talk to them? EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM basically said you aren't getting the ball from Kobe.

So, WHICH superstars do you know that are willing to sacrifice their own stats for Kobe? Even in the quotes you cherry picked.......it says basically Kobe isn't passing the ball, LMAO........Please enlighten me......and PLEASE TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND.

What did I leave out? Smush Parker?!? You provided a link, I read the entire article and outside of Smush Parker, those are the quotes given!! Pretty sure that anyone who is interested has read the article and you are the only one to even try and dispute what I posted!!

Thanks for making a fool of yourself by linking an article that pretty well proves the exact opposite of what you wanted it to!! Maybe you can convince a mod to delete it for you!!

Not one of them said that Kobe isn't passing the ball!! In fact, Jamison pointed out that Kobe is aware that he locks in on the basket and encourages his teammates to speak up and yell at him about it. He also went on to say Kobe trusts Nash to run the plays and trusted him (Jamison) with the ball late in the shot clock!!

I didn't cherry pick a thing, you're just embarrassed because your "evidence" to back up your claim has blown up in your face!!

And how the hell do I know which superstars are willing to sacrifice their stats to play with Kobe. You know why? It's the same reason that you can't produce one superstar who says they won't play with Kobe!! Because none of them had said anything one way or the other. Just like none of them have talked about whether or not they would want to play with Lebron or Durant or Duncan or anyone else!!

Just admit it, you had no idea what you were talking about when you said no one would be willing to play for the Lakers as long as Kobe is on the team. The difference between us is that I have never said that any superstar WOULD go play with Kobe, while you emphatically stated that NO ONE would go to the Lakers as long as Kobe is there!!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That all depends.

If Miami wins the title again, or is very close, it's Miami hands down.

If they completely collapse.....say theres a ton of injuries.....it COULD be LA, but even then, I'd still lean Miami. They have more talent currently, they have a better front office IMO, and they don't have to deal with Short Buss OR D'Antoni.

LA is ONLY a better situation IF they sign Lebron. Outside of that, it's not close.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That all depends.

If Miami wins the title again, or is very close, it's Miami hands down.

If they completely collapse.....say theres a ton of injuries.....it COULD be LA, but even then, I'd still lean Miami. They have more talent currently, they have a better front office IMO, and they don't have to deal with Short Buss OR D'Antoni.

LA is ONLY a better situation IF they sign Lebron. Outside of that, it's not close.

Agree to a point!! If Miami wins again, I think Lebron stays if for no other reason than it would be very unusual for any core player to leave a team coming off of a championship!!

However, if they do not (even if they come close) I think he will take a good long look at what Miami's plans to re-load are, what D-Wade has left in the tank, etc. and compare that to the offers that come from other teams.

If he likes what he see's from the Heat, he'll stay. If not, he'll move on to whatever team he feels is going to give him the best chance to win more rings!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers fans better hope and pray that Lebron goes there....If he doesn't this thread will blow up in their face next July because most of their fans are talking like it is a lock that he will sign with LA. Unlike me on the other hand who admits that there is a decent possibility he leaves Miami but I just don't see him going to LA to play with Kobe Bryant.

Let me ask you a question. What will be a better situation in 2014? LA or Cleveland. ANSWER THAT

Would I rather play with a ball hog in Kobe who is a tough teammate to play with and who is coming to the end of his career or would I rather play with Kyrie, Bynum, and the rook?

If Lebron doesn't re-sign with Miami, he is going to Cleveland

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to a point!! If Miami wins again, I think Lebron stays if for no other reason than it would be very unusual for any core player to leave a team coming off of a championship!!

However, if they do not (even if they come close) I think he will take a good long look at what Miami's plans to re-load are, what D-Wade has left in the tank, etc. and compare that to the offers that come from other teams.

If he likes what he see's from the Heat, he'll stay. If not, he'll move on to whatever team he feels is going to give him the best chance to win more rings!!

I think he'll look around regardless.

But I don't think LA presents a better situation. All they'll have is Nash and Sacre on the team. That's not a good situation, regardless of cap room if you don't sign pieces he wants to play with.

You can't put a price tag on just how well he gets along with and TRUSTS Pat Riley. This is what I think you're vastly underestimating. Riley will have a plan, and I'd bet dollars to donuts Lebron will be intimately involved in it. Lebron can more or less get talent to play WITH him.....he doesn't need to go somewhere else.

Look at it if you were Lebron. You have a title team currently. You have a HOF GM, and live in one of the most glamorous cities in the nation. You have the chance to be THE face of the franchise like Jordan/Chicago.......you would flush all that to go somewhere over cap space? There are no guarantees, but you DO know your GM will put together a title roster because he's already done it 3 times. What's his motivation to leave?