• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Throwing Away Money in Los Angeles

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which soon-to-be Los Angeles baseball player threw away the most money in the last couple weeks?

Here's my guess:

Shosei with his UCL (From a 10-year/$525 million contract to a 7-year $245 million contract)

or

Urias with his second domestic violence arrest (from a 6 year $168 million contract to....nothing)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely zero chance Ohtani's contract ends up that low

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely zero chance Ohtani's contract ends up that low
Ohtani turns 30 next season and he is looking at his second Tommy John surgery in the last five years. If he does pitch again, if, he won't be available to pitch before all star break of 2025. Can he swing a bat while he is re-habbing his elbow, without compromising the healing process? He certainly can't play the field in any position. So, is someone going to pay $40-50 million a year to be a DH who MIGHT pitch again and if he does MIGHT be as effective as he was pre-TJ surgery?

Too many question marks to throw that much money at him, even for the gluttonous payrolled teams like the Mets, Padres, Dodgers, Phillies, Red Sox, Rangers, Yankees.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohtani turns 30 next season and he is looking at his second Tommy John surgery in the last five years. If he does pitch again, if, he won't be available to pitch before all star break of 2025. Can he swing a bat while he is re-habbing his elbow, without compromising the healing process? He certainly can't play the field in any position. So, is someone going to pay $40-50 million a year to be a DH who MIGHT pitch again and if he does MIGHT be as effective as he was pre-TJ surgery?

Too many question marks to throw that much money at him, even for the gluttonous payrolled teams like the Mets, Padres, Dodgers, Phillies, Red Sox, Rangers, Yankees.
Gluttonous? It’s not the fault of those franchises that they’re committed to investing in the baseball team. That’s what they should do.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't the teams be more gluttonous if they spent less and put more money in their own pockets? It's not like they'd lower prices if they paid the players less. When it comes to sports and concerts the attitude is usually "If you sold out, you didn't charge enough".
Also, are we sure he'll need the surgery? When the Yankees had Tanaka he had a tear and ended up not having the surgery and did pretty well the rest of his contract and then went home to pitch in Japan.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which soon-to-be Los Angeles baseball player threw away the most money in the last couple weeks?

Here's my guess:

Shosei with his UCL (From a 10-year/$525 million contract to a 7-year $245 million contract)

or

Urias with his second domestic violence arrest (from a 6 year $168 million contract to....nothing)
just what did urias do?heard he got his second domestic battery charged but never heard exactly what he did.did he beat up his wife or start a fight somewhere since he got arrested at a parade or a place away from his home in in la?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just what did urias do?heard he got his second domestic battery charged but never heard exactly what he did.did he beat up his wife or start a fight somewhere since he got arrested at a parade or a place away from his home in in la?
Felony battery. Second offense. He'll be pitching on Trevor Bauer's team next year.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't the teams be more gluttonous if they spent less and put more money in their own pockets? It's not like they'd lower prices if they paid the players less. When it comes to sports and concerts the attitude is usually "If you sold out, you didn't charge enough".
Also, are we sure he'll need the surgery? When the Yankees had Tanaka he had a tear and ended up not having the surgery and did pretty well the rest of his contract and then went home to pitch in Japan.
His agent has admitted that Ohtan9i is going to have off-season surgery on his elbow. I guess it is possible it won't be another TJ. But any elbow surgery involves a long rehab and if you are going to go through that, you might as well do the TJ.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't the teams be more gluttonous if they spent less and put more money in their own pockets?
Yeah, you could, but that is a different issue entirely. I'm talking about payroll, not profit margin.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent has admitted that Ohtan9i is going to have off-season surgery on his elbow. I guess it is possible it won't be another TJ. But any elbow surgery involves a long rehab and if you are going to go through that, you might as well do the TJ.
I did not read that about Otani, thanks for the info.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don,t care what the surgery some team will offer him an unbelievable amount to sign with them.i bet the yankees will go hard after him.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don,t care what the surgery some team will offer him an unbelievable amount to sign with them.i bet the yankees will go hard after him.
Yankees don't idly throw their money around anymore. Cole and Judge have been the only guys in the last four years. The irresponsible spenders nowadays are the Mets and Padres. But I think it will be the Dodgers. I'm pretty sure they let Turner boys go and replaced them with mediocre rentals, in anticipation of throwing money at Ohtani. But it isn't going to take the money sign him that people it might be two months ago. Two months ago a 10 year/$500 mill contract was a reasonable expectation. But right now, until he proves otherwise, he is just a 30-year-old (next season) DH. Those kind of guys don't get $500 million contracts.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees don't idly throw their money around anymore. Cole and Judge have been the only guys in the last four years. The irresponsible spenders nowadays are the Mets and Padres. But I think it will be the Dodgers. I'm pretty sure they let Turner boys go and replaced them with mediocre rentals, in anticipation of throwing money at Ohtani. But it isn't going to take the money sign him that people it might be two months ago. Two months ago a 10 year/$500 mill contract was a reasonable expectation. But right now, until he proves otherwise, he is just a 30-year-old (next season) DH. Those kind of guys don't get $500 million contracts.
may well be the dodgers,somebody will make him unbelievably rich to play for them.