• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Cowboys offseason thread

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is one of the only times I have ever read one of these "sticky" threads. I read the post about the player rankings. Glad I decided to read it or I would have never known what happened to Otis

the funny thing. I didn't see anything that was that bad to where he (they) had to run away to talk trash about trash talking on the general board.

The guy in his own thread states he is a big boy, has thick skin & can deal with back & forth banter, then his 1st disagreement with someone here & all this SportsHoopla happens. LOL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care if people want to post here or not. I do like when new posters come and join, but I have no patience for people that storm in with an agenda, or accuse others of exactly what they are doing themselves and saw both of that here. WTF do you expect to happen when you come into a thread like that??? I also have no problem forgetting what was said in the past and moving on. I do have to say that I always find it funny when someone puts someone on ignore and then goes out of their way to make sure everyone knows it.

Agree. In truth I don't completely mind the mild trolling but I just can't help myself from calling it out. But if they want to troll they cant cry if we call them trolls.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I went back and reread his introductory post and found that quote. I liked the guy. He seemed knowledgeable about Dallas Cowboy football and other things as well. Texas Heat did come out of nowhere with that post about no meat. Perhaps neither was ready for the reception that would bring. I thought Otis could have diffused it right there, but he chose to side with his friend and thats OK. The thing was after Texas Heat said his first statement - he could have come back with something a little more good natured. Instead he took offense and it escalated from there.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont pay any attention to those guys- trolls. The only one I ever really talked to was Reptec and it was really late one night. I know he is hated by most on here but he was actually a fairly nice guy when he wasnt spewing his agenda. He did have some lines as well. I dont look at NCmalko as a troll. I think he just really wants to talk football as well as a few of Skins guys. Im Ok with that. Now there use to be one named arenas or something that would get under my skin . Maybe that was from somewhere else though.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was heat not Otis. Keep in mind I've been wrong before.

No it was Otis actually. I went to the General board and read through the whole thing . He did write what Jarntt posted.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his post was 100% trolling. You want to stock up for your FN boy fine but I don't have to agree. The funny part is he trolled then cried about being a troll. You topped him in the funny category trying to say his shit wasn't trolling.

Gotta agree. I saw the post about ''butthurt'', was expecting to see a Redskins or Seahawks avatar. Wow

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that surprised me. Otis created his own COwboy thread in the nfl general forum. Pday posted a few things and then received the old ignore thing from Otis. Ford got involved at the end. Hopefully everything got worked out

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling:
Yep that surprised me. Otis created his own COwboy thread in the nfl general forum. Pday posted a few things and then received the old ignore thing from Otis. Ford got involved at the end. Hopefully everything got worked out

LOL BUT he's a big boy with thick skin? Who can handle himself?

If he's going to put PDAY ignore for the mild way PDAY addressed him, hes going to end up ignoring quite a few here.

Sounds like he moisturizes daily with Johnson's

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you quit this board cause a fellow FN buddy got trashed....and you start a thread on the general board trashing the posters on this board. I'm sorry...I don't get it, but I'm the bad guy.

Tell you where I had enough.....the minute he posted that he had been warned about this board and hammered anyways. Then it's followed by Otis on the general board talking about how he tried and all.

What?
OK....I'm as ass...take me out of the picture.
I'm here this long because there are multiple rock solid opinions that post here. Many I've disagreed with but solid well thought out opinions on this team and the NFL in general. I'd rather talk football with you folks and read your opinions on football more than 90% of the people I know in the real world. I've taken some of your material and didn't give you credit....my bad. I will not name names....that's lame, but there is football astute posted here all over the place, from the daily cowboy fan posters to the once a week, once a month cowboy fan posters. I just don't care to hear from this new influx that we have some kinda bad reputation. Based on what? Their opinions?

maybe it's me but massive amounts of troll statements has always been a LARGE part of what it's like to post on a open forum as a cowboy fan. I've loved it for years. It's what I define as the entertainment value. I just don't think it's fair or accurate to define this board as wanting a troll free zone. Shoot... few if any of us what that, but troll statements better prepare and button their chin strap cause there are a few of us equipped for the exchange. Perhaps that's the problem.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. Its like I said before Heat made the first comment. He should have seen that it wasnt well recieved. That plus wearing a Patriots symbol . You, Jarntt, Manster - didnt know the guy at all and he had supposedly been forewarned. Why come back and continue to engage negatively??? Now he did get out after 3 or 4 shots but in turn Otis got involved. Otis had not intervened until all of it took place and he took his friends side which is fine. Otis, though had let us know that he could be sarcastic and had thick skin. He may very well be that way but it wasnt apparent last night.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe it's me but massive amounts of troll statements has always been a LARGE part of what it's like to post on a open forum as a cowboy fan. I've loved it for years. It's what I define as the entertainment value. I just don't think it's fair or accurate to define this board as wanting a troll free zone. Shoot... few if any of us what that, but troll statements better prepare and button their chin strap cause there are a few of us equipped for the exchange. Perhaps that's the problem.

Agree. This is the reason I state I don't mind a little bit of trolling as long as the trolled knows when enough is enough, and that we Cowboy fans have every right to defend this team and board. If thin skin banishes himself never to return I won't lose any sleep over it. All I know is what little you said to him is a drop on a bucket from one of your usual self. Hell if that hurt his feelings he wasn't going to last long anyway.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand it. Why not get it all off your chest instead of making your own little bubble/echo chamber. That does not solve a problem, just delays it.

On the other hand, I hope it drives everybody nuts that the Cowboys thread is the hottest every day.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is time to move on from the topic...

We know we need to improve the bottom of the roster, but it's possible that none of these guys make the 53:

Jon Machota takes a look at some of the lesser-known Dallas Cowboys to keep an eye on | Dallas Morning News

Also, is it just me or does Machota need a cup of coffee!!!

I found it interesting today that I read a Todd Archer column that had his locks for the Safety position- Heath was a lock to make the team. He only had 3 that were locked- Heath, WIlcox , and Church. The DTs- Bishop was a draft pick, but Coleman was the one that has shown the most so far by everything I have read. Mitchell impressed in his few days he was with the team. In college, he got thrown at a lot because the guy on the other side was a stud that will likely go high next yr. I have always liked Sterling Moore- I think we need 4 quality CBs. I thought it was a terrible decision last yr to cut Moore for Webb. Luckily we got him back at the end. Moore is more of a man guy I think though, whereas Mitchell may best fit the zone. / Back to Archer- How in the hell is Heath a lock?? - not trying to derail your question

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me if none of them made it , that might be a good sign. Those are some pretty good players mentioned. Molena, I think is PS bound at best. I just think Williams was signed for a reason. I think they want somebody they can trust to carry the ball 20 times a game if Murray gets hurt.

The DTs have both shown flashes but it becomes a numbers game- How many Dlinemen do we keep?? Lawrence, Melton, McClain, Spencer, Selvie,Crawford appear to be locks. Mincey Im pretty certain will make it as well. One would have to believe Marinelli bringing in Okoye would think he might have an inside track on a spot. Spencer could miss the first 6 weeks which would give one of these guys a shot possibly- Bass, Bishop, HAYDEN, Gardener, Okoye, Coleman, Whaley. I think I mentioned 14 so I have left a couple out .

Safety- I have been pulling for Hamilton all along but really for a different reason. I want Wilcox and Hamilton. That isnt going to happen , so the best I can hope for is Hamiltom playing sub packages I imagine. I keep hearing how athletic Heath and Johnson are. We haven seen Johnson , but we have seen Heath. We need athletic ability back there but unless Heath as made HUGE strides I just dont see it.

WR- Numbers game going against Washington I think- good measureables and potential, good story. I just think there are too many guys ahead of him. Now if we keep 6 ????? I think PS best case

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it interesting today that I read a Todd Archer column that had his locks for the Safety position- Heath was a lock to make the team. He only had 3 that were locked- Heath, WIlcox , and Church. The DTs- Bishop was a draft pick, but Coleman was the one that has shown the most so far by everything I have read. Mitchell impressed in his few days he was with the team. In college, he got thrown at a lot because the guy on the other side was a stud that will likely go high next yr. I have always liked Sterling Moore- I think we need 4 quality CBs. I thought it was a terrible decision last yr to cut Moore for Webb. Luckily we got him back at the end. Moore is more of a man guy I think though, whereas Mitchell may best fit the zone. / Back to Archer- How in the hell is Heath a lock?? - not trying to derail your question

I hope the team disagrees about Heath being a lock.

I too thought cutting Moore was dumb last year, but hopefully this year we cut him because we have better players. Yes, we need 4 CBs. 3 are basically starters, so 4 good ones and a young kid to groom that could also play STs would be great.