• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 breakout star

SC8806

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is that unknown player for each of your respected teams that will be that next star. Can be anyone from juco, true or redshirt freshman, or someone who has already shown small flashes of having that IT factor.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deonte Burton. Possibly the most talented play MU has had since Wade. The kid is damn fucking good. Now that Buzzy is gone, he will play and play a lot.

In such an awful year Mayo also kinda showed "IT" late really taking games over, no more Buzz Doug house for him either.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny kaminski for sparty...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zak Irvin, Michigan. He's the best shooter on the team, people just don't know it yet.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is that unknown player for each of your respected teams that will be that next star. Can be anyone from juco, true or redshirt freshman, or someone who has already shown small flashes of having that IT factor.

Bronson Koenig. Showed toward the end of the year, on the biggest of stages, that he can play with anyone. He was able to create shots for himself and his teammates, has a great shot, and great court vision. Probably will see between 20-25 minutes a game next year, potential to average 10 ppg.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Johnson. Will have more of an impact than Aaron Gordon... remember that name.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Williams or Devin Davis...it's hard to decide...both?

Devin Davis. Played great near the end of the year.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was gonna say Stanley Johnson. Will be a household name.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanly Johnson is a top 10 5 star recruit lol.

He's not an "unknown player"

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanly Johnson is a top 10 5 star recruit lol.

He's not an "unknown player"

I took it out of this context: "Can be anyone from juco, true or redshirt freshman, or someone who has already shown small flashes of having that IT factor."

Technically, he kinda is unknown by a majority of America right now (besides Arizona fans, people in Cali or people that follow recruiting closely)

This is a thread about stars, and not to sound like a dick, but it seems like most of you just listed good role players with some upside, not future stars.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what he did in a few minutes of the tournament, I'd say that Lee kid from UK that got some minutes when the seven footer went down. I think he was a top 20 prospect so he may not count as "unknown" but I don't think anyone knew who he was this year until the tournament.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronson Koenig. Showed toward the end of the year, on the biggest of stages, that he can play with anyone. He was able to create shots for himself and his teammates, has a great shot, and great court vision. Probably will see between 20-25 minutes a game next year, potential to average 10 ppg.

I was going to say Bronson Koenig as well. I'm actually going to be honest, I think part of the reason why he isn't recognized more is because he doesn't get a ton of playing time behind that talented backcourt that includes Jackson, Gasser, and Brust. With Brust graduating, I see a lot more playing time for Koenig opening up, perhaps even starting.

I was also a little annoyed this past season that Koenig didn't look for his shot more often. He's a GREAT shooter and a very talented offensive player. He just seemed too passive at times this past season.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say Bronson Koenig as well. I'm actually going to be honest, I think part of the reason why he isn't recognized more is because he doesn't get a ton of playing time behind that talented backcourt that includes Jackson, Gasser, and Brust. With Brust graduating, I see a lot more playing time for Koenig opening up, perhaps even starting.

I was also a little annoyed this past season that Koenig didn't look for his shot more often. He's a GREAT shooter and a very talented offensive player. He just seemed too passive at times this past season.

I don't think he starts, but he'll be our sixth man. I see Jackson, Gasser, Dekker, Hayes, Frank as our starting five to open the season. Koenig should still see more than enough playing time. I'm also looking for Dukan to have more of an impact next year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took it out of this context: "Can be anyone from juco, true or redshirt freshman, or someone who has already shown small flashes of having that IT factor."

Technically, he kinda is unknown by a majority of America right now (besides Arizona fans, people in Cali or people that follow recruiting closely)

This is a thread about stars, and not to sound like a dick, but it seems like most of you just listed good role players with some upside, not future stars.

Yeah but the freshman thing meant kids who were currently freshman. Sorry, just saying that a 5 star recruit is not a breakout guy. He hasn't played college ball yet but is expected to be great. A breakout player is exactly what you said you weren't trying to sound like a dick about. Guys who are role players one year breakout when they get time.

My personal nomination of Deonte Burton was dead on. The kid is a future star and probably best talent since Wade. Buzz doesn't play freshman(Buzz now gone) but the kid scores at will. Defense still needs fine tuning.

I do agree though that Stanley Johnson is going to be a stud a huge reason why Zona will be top 3 to start next year, but that is also why he isn't break out to me...Anyone who follows bball expects greatness.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what he did in a few minutes of the tournament, I'd say that Lee kid from UK that got some minutes when the seven footer went down. I think he was a top 20 prospect so he may not count as "unknown" but I don't think anyone knew who he was this year until the tournament.

This is a good nomination. He barely played most of last year as a freshman so breakout definitely applies and I think he will.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy I was thinking about is Poythress if he stays. Projected a top 10 pick coming out of HS. Sat behind Randle this year, but you can see his talent. NBA athletic ability, but the offensive game is still somewhat primitive. If he focuses on developing his game, I can see him going from the bench to a lottery pick. Averaged 11 pts and 6 boards as a freshman. I could easily see 15 and 10.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:SU Guard Trevor Cooney is going to average 20+ on the year.:suds:

You all will want in on the action.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Koenig gave some great minutes, I like that kid. Wisconsin should be happy. He will be a great 4 year PG.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:SU Guard Trevor Cooney is going to average 20+ on the year.:suds:

You all will want in on the action.

Roberson is going to have at least 10 double doubles.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brandewie, our star center.