• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Off Season

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That makes sense...

Harry is a nice option to have as a depth player up front... the Pens don't have many of his make in their system.. I 'hated' him when the Pens played the Flyers... he's a loaded pistol that's for sure... a good deal for shero... clears the roster spot and adds a capable 4th liner when called upon. And a little (no pun intended) 'protection' for the youngsters in WBS.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is coming from Molinari @ the PG:

Tyler Kennedy still has a place with the Penguins.Dustin Jeffrey, too.
Both are scheduled to reach restricted free agency July 5, but general manager Ray Shero says he plans to extend qualifying offers to both before the July 2 deadline.
Defenseman Robert Bortuzzo and newly acquired left winger Harry Zolnierczyk will each get one, as well.
"I don't see us not qualifying anybody, at this point," Shero said Monday.

I don't want Kennedy back, tbh. Kennedy wasn't worth the 2mil he played for in 13, and I doubt he will be worth whatever it will take to retain his services for next season, too. But, he is just a RFA, and it does give Shero some leverage and security I suppose.

I do support them bringing Jeffrey and Bortuzzo back. I really hope Bortuzzo gets a real chance to replace Engelland as I think he could have done the job this season. Engelland should become the 7th d-man. Orpik/Martin, Niskanen/Letang, Despres/Bortuzzo, Engelland

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For a bit now I have been told Pgh and Edm as trade partners... and it's heating up a bit.. first mentioned Yak... you always begin high and work your way down... that's prob not likely, but talks have to begin somewhere.... the issue will be if Letang resigns with Edm or not... does he want to play there long term... Edm will not trade unless a contract extension is reached. Letang does have some 'power' here.

From my understanding, all is quite...nothing is really being relayed down regarding any team or potential trade... too quite maybe...

I'm sure you all know by now, the Pens now have the 164 pick (rd 6) instead of 194 (rd 7) because Tangradi played enough games for the Jets.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pens extend Kunitz for 3 yrs at 3.8 I believe... 100k raise... not surprised at all. And quite happy. Dupper may get something similar. Should be soon I think.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The bar for Dupper has been set with the signing of Kunitz, at least from the Penguins stand point. The extension gives Kunitz 4 more years, perhaps the Pens will offer Dupper that 4th year, but the high water mark regarding money has been set. I don't think Dupper will get3.8 from the Pens (not more for certain)... I'm guessing the offer is between 3 - 3.5 a 3 (perhaps 4) yr term. Take it or leave it... if he's not resigned by Friday night, I don't think he will be. The ball is in Dupper's court now...

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Soon we will hear about qualifying offers to:

Dustin Jeffery
Robert Bortuzzo
Eric Hartzell
Harry Zolniercyzk

(many other RFAs in the pipeline that will be qualified as well)

The resigning of UFA goaltender Brad Thiessen. (perhaps a few other minor league UFAs as well)

An extension for defenseman Brooks Orpik.

Adams will be resigned, Cooke will wait until July 3rd to see what interest other teams have in him. Dupuis will test FA waters, but with so many buyouts his stock is declining. I could see all 3 coming back, or just Adams.

Letang either needs to accept the current deal, or... verbal agreement means nothing, he will have no guarantee before his NTC kicks in... his guarantee should be his play on the ice this season... If he plays well, and I'm sure he will, the Pens will buyout Paul Martin's last year on his contract saving 5 million cap space. Martin will be 'replaced' by resigning RFA (next year) Simon Depres.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guess this lines are shaking out like this:

14-87-9
18-71-19
??-16-36
10/?? - 46 - 27(I hope)/??

Harry Z, DJ, and Tommy K all have a shot as well.... with the current roster, FA period hasn't started yet, so who knows who will be signed...

Defense is pretty much set with the current 7 guys (assuming Bortuzzo agrees to his qualifying offer).. Engo should be the 7th.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Part of me would like to see Nisky traded... I think Dumoulin is ready...

Go with:
Orpik - Letang
Martin - Despres
Bortuzzo - Dumoulin
Engo (when needed)

would save about 1.4 million... not to sound cocky or anything, but the Pens won't be shouldn't be fighting for a playoff spot... why not give the kid 82 games before the post-season, the real season... Bortuzzo, I thought played well enough last year, I'm not concerned about him.

I would rather have Cooke than Nisky, I think... Pens are all silk, not sand paper (well some glass).

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, looks like the ESPN boards are shutting down. Seems like some good Pens talk over here. I think the Pens did what they needed to do to get their most important players signed. The real challenge will now be to make more of a commitment to develop young talent from within to fill out the rest of the roster to compliment the high priced guys we've locked up

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We re-signed Geno, Kuni, Tang, & Dup, that's probably going to be the highlight of our off season.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to see you on this site doobee us lightning fans are moving to this site as well

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to see you on this site doobee us lightning fans are moving to this site as well

Hey Todd, nice to see you as well, I'll keep an eye out on the Lightning board.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Doob, glad you found the site. Looks like we're talking Pens over here now. Looks like the Cooke circus is heading out of town...

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Unfortunately Cooke will probably be headed out of town.

Cooke was 4th in hits among forwards and 1st in blocked shots.

Top Hitters: among forwards
1.) Glass (ppl don't like him)
2.) Adams (not resigned)
3.) Chris Kunitz
4.) Cooke (not resigned)

Do not under estimate what Matt Cooke brings to the team, Adams is one of the better bang for your buck players in the game (he should be resigned though).

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Doob, glad you found the site. Looks like we're talking Pens over here now. Looks like the Cooke circus is heading out of town...

Hey mtm, nice seeing you as well. I think ESPN boards shutting down will prove to be a good thing.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked is iggy going to resign with the penguins ? I thought he would take a pay cut for a chance at the Stanley cup ?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked is iggy going to resign with the penguins ? I thought he would take a pay cut for a chance at the Stanley cup ?

I don't think so, I think he would take a pay cut, ie 5 million per. But I don't think the Pens want him, Bylsma never seemed to like him, and had no idea how to use him.