• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Expectations

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, here we are about 1/3 through the season. Sitting at 28-25. That puts us at 86-76 if we keep this pace. My problem this season has been expectations. Shit, a WS title TWICE in the past three years. I expected us to waltz into the playoffs and then see what happens then. Have to say I am a little worried but still 2/3 of the season to go. The hitting has been a pleasant surprise. The pitching worries me. Timmy is just plain Timmy again. Really shouldn't have expected much more. Hell, he's been like this for 3 years now. Whatever has changed from 2008-2009 seems to be set in place. Even him in the pen has me a little concerned. He really seems to be struggling at the start of each game. Just don't see him with too many more starts if he doesn't figure this out. Then again, who in hell takes his place? Song was struggling. Now injured. Biq question mark. Bum has been great. Sort of caught Cainitis along the way. Cain WILL rebound ... or our season is close to over. Zito has been OK. The question is ... for how long. The pen has been stellar but they are really over used at the moment. Sure hiope they don't burn out. Then there is the damn defense or lack of defense. Poor pitching plus a weak defense speels quite a few losses for us. I still EXPECTED us to make the oplayoffs and have a go at it again .... but .... I am somewhat worried at the moment .... and now we go on a rather difficult road trip ..... this trip will define this team .....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year is a new book to be written, and you can't just assume the same thing as last year. Some things get better some worse, and injuries always the wildcard. That's why repeat champions are very rare.

Some teams that are 'supposed to' be good don't live up (hello Dodgers, Angels, Blue Jays, maybe us?) and some 'supposed to' be bad surprise you (Indians, Rockies, etc).

Still a ton of time left and it's not at all out of the question that we make the playoffs...it's just you're right, we all probably expected to just cruise right into the playoffs with the same team as 2012. I guess that's not our fate this year.