• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 crazy questions... Talk me off the roof

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do it.

groundhog.png

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'd roll with your stars.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Should I start Adam Humphries over Mike Evans???

2. Should I start Mitchel Trubisky over Cam Newton??

Right now, I am leaning on YES for both questions...

This is one of the more difficult start/sit questions I have seen. I will start with Trubisky.

Trubisky is the definition of boom or bust at QB. The Rams defense has some intersting qualities. They can really pressure the QB, but they are also highly susceptible to big plays. Nagy is among the best play callers in the league, so Trubisky should have his chances to hit a couple big plays and also to get out and run while escaping pressure. If he hits those splash plays, he could have a huge day. If he misses them (very possible given the pressure and Trub's accuracy issues) he could post a major dud.

Newton is the safe play, Trubisky is the high ceiling, low floor play.

Your WR situation is actually the opposite of what one migh expect. Humphries has the better matchup and the usage. He is going to get 7-10 high percentage targets, but with a ceiling of about 20 PPR points. Evans has a lower floor due to Lattimore's shadow coverage, but a much higher ceiling.

The safe play is Newton and Humphries. The upside play is Trubisky and Evans.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the more difficult start/sit questions I have seen. I will start with Trubisky.

Trubisky is the definition of boom or bust at QB. The Rams defense has some intersting qualities. They can really pressure the QB, but they are also highly susceptible to big plays. Nagy is among the best play callers in the league, so Trubisky should have his chances to hit a couple big plays and also to get out and run while escaping pressure. If he hits those splash plays, he could have a huge day. If he misses them (very possible given the pressure and Trub's accuracy issues) he could post a major dud.

Newton is the safe play, Trubisky is the high ceiling, low floor play.

Your WR situation is actually the opposite of what one migh expect. Humphries has the better matchup and the usage. He is going to get 7-10 high percentage targets, but with a ceiling of about 20 PPR points. Evans has a lower floor due to Lattimore's shadow coverage, but a much higher ceiling.

The safe play is Newton and Humphries. The upside play is Trubisky and Evans.
to tack onto this. newton is i think the QB4 on the year.

Evans draws lattimore, but he shredded lattimore week 1 for 7 catches 147 and a touchdown. In what was a sheer dominating performance.

Since the emergence of humphries and godwin, targets are spread around. the one thing with evans was he was always a target MONSTER, you never had to worry about that. But his targets are down since the emergence of the other two. Hes still the most talented, but not as many chances.........

just to make things more difficult

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the above reasoning is solid

ultimately only the Fantasy Gods will decide

Humphries/Evans great insight guys.... so flip a coin or play the stud

if Evans goes off and you dont play him well ya break the golden rule....

if Humphries goes off ya kill yourself for not trusting your gut

so ultimately ya just gotta make a tough call and try to live with it...

ya i know i didnt add crap to the discussion

and ill say great thread tough choices...

so unless all the wonderful insight is leaning towards one player over the other then its coin toss and pray....

i just posted a week 16 D question and unless all the gang is very one sided towards one of my 2 D choices ill be flipping and praying as well.....

ultimately dont cry over spilt milk (sorry bout that).....

then again we do have a crying thread so i guess its ok......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now jsut read an article on cam's shoulder. Says its still bothering him, wont rule out more surgery, its his rotator cuff. yuck thats bad, you can play through it, but it can affect things, and if torn , it depends howtorn it is

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram's D has been lit up this year and it really pisses me off.................that said, they are still getting to the QB and creating TO's.............I'd be playing Cam over Trubs if it were me.................