• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice there's been alotta players slipping on the floor in multiple games?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda surprised he's not talking more BS about the Lakers. You know. LeBron's old, blah-blah-blah. He has too many miles now to be effective, blah-blah-blah. When LeBron and AD are no longer around the Cavs will be better than the Lakers, blah-blah-blah.

Translation: "business as usual"...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything in that post is 100% true

a back court of Oladipo, Brogdon and McConnell (as long as Oladipo is healthy) is far superior to Herro, Dragic and Robinson. Who could really debate that?

Bam is a very good player but Olnyk, Derrick Jones Jr are just guys. The Pacers, if healthy, have that advantage- as Turner and Sabonis are both very good players- but obviously Sabonis is not playing so i give the advantage to the Heat in the front court.

Warren and Butler are both very good SF's- but i give the advantage to Butler for having a longer track record and being a better defender.

as far as starting PF's go Derrick Jones Jr is one of the worst in the NBA.

the Pacers front court depth is awful with the loss of Sabonis- who is arguably their best player.

Dragic is dog shit on defense.

Oladipo has looked slow and not ready thus far in the bubble with very poor efficiency and lack of explosion.

if the Pacers choose to rely on a matchup of Warren vs. Butler- who is the Heat's best defender, instead of matchups like Brogdon/Oladipo/McConnel vs. Robinson, Herro and Dragic (all subpar defenders) they are stupid.

Well, I wouldn’t go so far as to say all of this is 100% true.

What I do know for sure is that analyzing teams like this just doesn’t work.

First off, Butler and Bam are probably the best 2 players in the series. Yes, Indy may have the next 4 best, but Miami is good because of their team defense and chemistry. They also have a ton of quality depth. Basketball matchups are more than just a sum of the individual parts.

Indiana is definitely good enough to win this series even without Sabonis. But Miami is better than you give them credit for.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Does he ever age?"

As they do a close up of Dragic grey hair

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These TNT commentators make me sick. Talking like they expected Jimmy and TJ to get into a fight in the playoffs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Cuban didnt want Dragic?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Miami would be a PROBLEM for the Bucks

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy in 7!!!!

Im not saying shit until it happens, but if the Heat wins the series, be ready to eat alot of shit.

How about Butler?
Any comments to rescind?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying shit until it happens, but if the Heat wins the series, be ready to eat alot of shit.

How about Butler?
Any comments to rescind?

Playoffs Jimmy is different. Him and Dragic did the damn thing in the 4th.

Herro did some good stuff

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat may have made the strangest move on paper.

2 players who were locked into the starting lineup prior to arriving to the bubble is now DNP-CD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the Heat's lineup? ESPN is saying Nunn is out- is that for an extended amount of time or just game 1?

Butler and Bam are obviously the cornerstone defenders on Miami- but is Derrick Jones Jr. really the starting PF?

who is the back court? a rotation of Herro (20 years old, 195 lbs and appearing in his first playoff series), Dragic (34 years old), and Duncan RObinson who is a 26 year old 2nd year player who is a shooter but not much else?

back court wise id take Oladipo, Brogdon, McConnell over Herro, Dragic and Robinson any day as i assume everyone would.

at the 3 Warren vs. Butler is a great match but even with Warren's outburst i think Butler's defensive ability gives him the edge.

in the front court you have Turner, Doug McDermont and who? do they play on playing Warren at PF (he is 6'8") and Holliday at SF?-- without SAbonis they are pretty thin in the front court- vs. Bam, Derrick Jones Jr., Olnyk, Crowder?--- only Bam is anything worth mentioning. --- but some depth is better than no depth- so i take Miami in the front court with Sabonis out.

In my mind- this comes down to if the Pacers back court players can win it for them- and if Turner can play heavy effective minnutes because their size is very thin. Bitadze is a rookie.

Will Miami also go small and put Butler at PF?

i think this is the most interesting first round series and it should be closely contested. Pacers lack of front court depth could def. hurt them.
Excellent analysis. Not sure I can disagree with any of it. This was also one of the series I most looked forward to with the Butler/warren angle and could go either way.

Realize making pick 1 game in, but I'd say Miami in 7.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just read that Sabonis is almost for sure out for the whole series- thats not good- he is probably their best overall player.
still recall Indiana getting slammed for the PG13 trade, but not bad at all for them. agree on sabonis.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything in that post is 100% true

a back court of Oladipo, Brogdon and McConnell (as long as Oladipo is healthy) is far superior to Herro, Dragic and Robinson. Who could really debate that?

Bam is a very good player but Olnyk, Derrick Jones Jr are just guys. The Pacers, if healthy, have that advantage- as Turner and Sabonis are both very good players- but obviously Sabonis is not playing so i give the advantage to the Heat in the front court.

Warren and Butler are both very good SF's- but i give the advantage to Butler for having a longer track record and being a better defender.

as far as starting PF's go Derrick Jones Jr is one of the worst in the NBA.

the Pacers front court depth is awful with the loss of Sabonis- who is arguably their best player.

Dragic is dog shit on defense.

Oladipo has looked slow and not ready thus far in the bubble with very poor efficiency and lack of explosion.

if the Pacers choose to rely on a matchup of Warren vs. Butler- who is the Heat's best defender, instead of matchups like Brogdon/Oladipo/McConnel vs. Robinson, Herro and Dragic (all subpar defenders) they are stupid.
to make his comment was a typical argue based on the poster and not the post comment.

I mean, one might not agree with everything but cannot see what could be so out of line. Seemed fairly balanced. Certainly better than a Miami fan discussing the shooting of Duncan Robinson vs. Harden.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Jones Jr doesn't start.....only started when Leonard was hurt.

And now neither of them dont start
Fair enough but at this point in career Crowder is a JAG (not sure he's ever been much more) so could see forgetting about him and that he would start if not a avid Heat fan.