• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
def. hurts the Pacers that Sabonis is out. He is a damn good player---- but Pacers have a lot of solid guys that are good athletes that can score--- Brogdon, Oladipo and Warren are all very good players. Turner is solid. McConnel is a good backup PG.

It will be an interesting series i think. I think a lot depends on Oladipo and if he can be an all star level player.

Only way Indy win is if they get early bubble games TJ Warren for 3-4 games. Don't stand much of a chance otherwise.

Miami inserting Dragic into the starting lineup and realizing Herro is a much better PG than Nunn made them better than they were when first arriving in the bubble

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know who's been wrong about the Jimmy Butler led Miami Heat. Wiggy or just about every damn beat writer in Philly
right now you are a 5 seed and you paid a 30 year old - who is on his 4th team- huge money that will take him well after his prime years.

id wait until you actually won something significnat before declaring victory on any kind of Jimmy Butler deal/contract.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way Indy win is if they get early bubble games TJ Warren for 3-4 games. Don't stand much of a chance otherwise.

Miami inserting Dragic into the starting lineup and realizing Herro is a much better PG than Nunn made them better than they were when first arriving in the bubble
if i am the Pacers i dont make the series about Warren- he could win you a game or two but i think thats too risky....id go evenly with Brogdon and Oladipo------ both should get much easier matchups then Warren-

I mean Dragic cant guard shit- hes old and slow and was never good at defense even when he wasnt old and slow---- id much rather see the Pacers take advantage of that- then try and force themselves into a Warren/Butler contest.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what is the Heat's lineup? ESPN is saying Nunn is out- is that for an extended amount of time or just game 1?

Butler and Bam are obviously the cornerstone defenders on Miami- but is Derrick Jones Jr. really the starting PF?

who is the back court? a rotation of Herro (20 years old, 195 lbs and appearing in his first playoff series), Dragic (34 years old), and Duncan RObinson who is a 26 year old 2nd year player who is a shooter but not much else?

back court wise id take Oladipo, Brogdon, McConnell over Herro, Dragic and Robinson any day as i assume everyone would.

at the 3 Warren vs. Butler is a great match but even with Warren's outburst i think Butler's defensive ability gives him the edge.

in the front court you have Turner, Doug McDermont and who? do they play on playing Warren at PF (he is 6'8") and Holliday at SF?-- without SAbonis they are pretty thin in the front court- vs. Bam, Derrick Jones Jr., Olnyk, Crowder?--- only Bam is anything worth mentioning. --- but some depth is better than no depth- so i take Miami in the front court with Sabonis out.

In my mind- this comes down to if the Pacers back court players can win it for them- and if Turner can play heavy effective minnutes because their size is very thin. Bitadze is a rookie.

Will Miami also go small and put Butler at PF?

i think this is the most interesting first round series and it should be closely contested. Pacers lack of front court depth could def. hurt them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a Nuggets/Jazz thread? :noidea:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, thought i saw one...

Haven't seen it. They said before the game that Jokic is the only player in the league to lead his team in pts, rebs, asts and stls during the regular season. His 13 double-doubles were 2nd in the league. He looks to uncoordinated to be doing stuff like that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just read that Sabonis is almost for sure out for the whole series- thats not good- he is probably their best overall player.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the Heat's lineup? ESPN is saying Nunn is out- is that for an extended amount of time or just game 1?

Butler and Bam are obviously the cornerstone defenders on Miami- but is Derrick Jones Jr. really the starting PF?

who is the back court? a rotation of Herro (20 years old, 195 lbs and appearing in his first playoff series), Dragic (34 years old), and Duncan RObinson who is a 26 year old 2nd year player who is a shooter but not much else?

back court wise id take Oladipo, Brogdon, McConnell over Herro, Dragic and Robinson any day as i assume everyone would.

at the 3 Warren vs. Butler is a great match but even with Warren's outburst i think Butler's defensive ability gives him the edge.

in the front court you have Turner, Doug McDermont and who? do they play on playing Warren at PF (he is 6'8") and Holliday at SF?-- without SAbonis they are pretty thin in the front court- vs. Bam, Derrick Jones Jr., Olnyk, Crowder?--- only Bam is anything worth mentioning. --- but some depth is better than no depth- so i take Miami in the front court with Sabonis out.

In my mind- this comes down to if the Pacers back court players can win it for them- and if Turner can play heavy effective minnutes because their size is very thin. Bitadze is a rookie.

Will Miami also go small and put Butler at PF?

i think this is the most interesting first round series and it should be closely contested. Pacers lack of front court depth could def. hurt them.

Wont give this a thoughtful response as its obvious you dont watch basketball

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know anything about the Pacers honestly...

I will go with Miami in 6 games

This series just seems like a series with limited fan interest nationally

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving work early to catch the start of the Heat game

#DIEHARDFAN

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont give this a thoughtful response as its obvious you dont watch basketball
everything in that post is 100% true

a back court of Oladipo, Brogdon and McConnell (as long as Oladipo is healthy) is far superior to Herro, Dragic and Robinson. Who could really debate that?

Bam is a very good player but Olnyk, Derrick Jones Jr are just guys. The Pacers, if healthy, have that advantage- as Turner and Sabonis are both very good players- but obviously Sabonis is not playing so i give the advantage to the Heat in the front court.

Warren and Butler are both very good SF's- but i give the advantage to Butler for having a longer track record and being a better defender.

as far as starting PF's go Derrick Jones Jr is one of the worst in the NBA.

the Pacers front court depth is awful with the loss of Sabonis- who is arguably their best player.

Dragic is dog shit on defense.

Oladipo has looked slow and not ready thus far in the bubble with very poor efficiency and lack of explosion.

if the Pacers choose to rely on a matchup of Warren vs. Butler- who is the Heat's best defender, instead of matchups like Brogdon/Oladipo/McConnel vs. Robinson, Herro and Dragic (all subpar defenders) they are stupid.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Jones Jr doesn't start.....only started when Leonard was hurt.

And now neither of them dont start

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami played 73 games this year. Jones Jr started 16 games all with players hurt.

Why would anyone think he's the actual starter when they're healthy?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Jones Jr doesn't start.....only started when Leonard was hurt.

And now neither of them dont start
"neither of them dont start" actually means both start. double negative

out of the 12 points- you cherry pick one and ignore the others

okay i got it ;) so the others are correct.

thanks for correcting the one.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like the barf bag was gonna miss an opportunity to talk shit about the Heat...

I'm kinda surprised he's not talking more BS about the Lakers. You know. LeBron's old, blah-blah-blah. He has too many miles now to be effective, blah-blah-blah. When LeBron and AD are no longer around the Cavs will be better than the Lakers, blah-blah-blah.