• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1ST QTR...Grades

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTEcountrydge Fudge, post: 8995624, member: 6816"]Seahawks. B+. There will be some people on me about this grade but i beg them to hear me out.

If you go to the Seahawks game thread fron yesterday and see what i said about not thumping my hairy chest yet.

Now to the reasoning. We are notorious for being a slow start team but if you watch the hame from yesterday and you will see(allthough it was the jets) we were clicking on all cylinders. Ya sherman got burned a couple of times but he was covering a manbeast in Brendan Marshall. Rus was hurt but our olinr gave him time to be in that pocket. Run game can use a little work but that is why it's not a A.

Who i was on the money about: New England. I saod they would be 3-1 before Brady gets back. Honestly i thought week one was your L.

Who i was wrong about: Jacksonville. I was one of those people who thought they had a legit shot at either a wildcard or the division. There offense is good(not great but good) and that defense looked fierce.....

However looking for both to show up[/QUOTE]
Don't count yourself out. Jags still have a good chance. They could steal that division.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers are looking really freakin' good. I'm not going to put too much stock into that Eagles game.

Last night for certain...both sides of the ball looked great.

I'm long past the Eagle game...perfect storm for them...hats off.

I think this is a 11-12 win type team, on OFC they have decent depth at almost every position (except QB), but they are thin in a few areas on DEF, I think the young boys on the back end of the DEF will be ready, but unproven and I'm still not convinced of the pass rush off 1 game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks. B+. There will be some people on me about this grade but i beg them to hear me out.

If you go to the Seahawks game thread fron yesterday and see what i said about not thumping my hairy chest yet.

Now to the reasoning. We are notorious for being a slow start team but if you watch the hame from yesterday and you will see(allthough it was the jets) we were clicking on all cylinders. Ya sherman got burned a couple of times but he was covering a manbeast in Brendan Marshall. Rus was hurt but our olinr gave him time to be in that pocket. Run game can use a little work but that is why it's not a A.

Who i was on the money about: New England. I saod they would be 3-1 before Brady gets back. Honestly i thought week one was your L.

Who i was wrong about: Jacksonville. I was one of those people who thought they had a legit shot at either a wildcard or the division. There offense is good(not great but good) and that defense looked fierce.....

However looking for both to show up

SEA, they were probably the favorite in all 4...3-1 is certainly more than acceptable, but +.. a little generous maybe but the last 2 weelk the OFc has looked good.

JAX...I thought they might be another year, but this yr...8-8, 9-7 topside.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is a 11-12 win type team, on OFC they have decent depth at almost every position (except QB), but they are thin in a few areas on DEF, I think the young boys on the back end of the DEF will be ready, but unproven and I'm still not convinced of the pass rush off 1 game.

12-4 and division title. Denver, NE and Pittsburgh are the class of the AFC. I do think the Ravens manage the split though.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bye week will help the Chiefs and Charles being 100% should open up the passing game some. Hopefully he hasn't lost a step from the injuries.
I am honestly more worried. about Gaines than Charles or the running game at this point. The RB's will eventually shake off the fumble-itis they currently have, YPC wise they've been more than good. Eventually I'd think the offense should be fine and water finds its own level, but my patience is being tested at the moment.

DJ White is clearly not ready for significant playing time right now. Got burned for 100 plus yards, 2 TD's- including at least 1 coverage bust, and several missed tackles last night. Defense lacking an alpha-dog passrusher (Houston) is really making the passrush lag so the secondary has to be tight. Nelson and Peters have been mostly a solid tandem (I'll give those two a pass vs the Steelers mostly) but as with last year, the 3rd CB is a problem if there's an injury. I really don't want to move Ron Parker down to the nickel where he's much less effective, but if Gaines is out (or really any other corner) it doesn't look like they'll have much choice but to scab a CB with a safety again.

The bye week couldn't come at a better time.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To some extent maybe a perfect storm...

On the other hand, all three teams comprehensively beaten (if not outright thrashed) by the Eagles have generally looked much better in the other games they played. Which suggests that the Eagles had a lot to do with those beatings, and making their opponents look bad - rather than it being luck - and the Eagles actually have been good so far.

If not for the refs Cleveland, for one, would have been 2-2.

Of course, to what extent the Eagles are able to maintain this level of play is another question (especially for the offense), though a lot of the underlying metrics suggest they are a fundamentally very sound team.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns: n/a

Incomplete grade thus far. Obviously 0-4 deserves an F, but expectations were so low that it's wholly unsurprising. Youth development is what this season will be about and so far there are a few possible bright spots to look at: Ogbah, Kessler, Pryor, and Crowell are all having pretty good starts and the team as a whole has been competitive for the last 3 games...though they've found a way to lose all of them.

If the team continues to progress through the year, even if they end the season with just a couple wins, I'd give them a passing grade.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To some extent maybe a perfect storm...

On the other hand, all three teams comprehensively beaten (if not outright thrashed) by the Eagles have generally looked much better in the other games they played. Which suggests that the Eagles had a lot to do with those beatings, and making their opponents look bad - rather than it being luck - and the Eagles actually have been good so far.

If not for the refs Cleveland, for one, would have been 2-2.

Of course, to what extent the Eagles are able to maintain this level of play is another question (especially for the offense), though a lot of the underlying metrics suggest they are a fundamentally very sound team.

I'm willing to and have given the Eagles their just do...they beaten every team they've played...soundly.

I'm not suggesting it was luck, but much like I know PIT is not 29 points better than KC, PHI is not 31 points better than PIT...the teams certainly were in those games, but it means nothing if the teams were to play again.

There were plays for PIT to make in the PHI game, they didn't make and there were plays in the KC game last night that KC just didn't make...thus the term perfect storm.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to and have given the Eagles their just do...they beaten every team they've played...soundly.

I'm not suggesting it was luck, but much like I know PIT is not 29 points better than KC, PHI is not 31 points better than PIT...the teams certainly were in those games, but it means nothing if the teams were to play again.

There were plays for PIT to make in the PHI game, they didn't make and there were plays in the KC game last night that KC just didn't make...thus the term perfect storm.

Yup, I fully agree that a 31 points difference is unlikely to happen again.

I am just getting fed up with the Eagles getting little credit for their wins (Oh, it is just Cleveland, Chicago, Steelers on an off-day or being without LeVeon Bell (whose absense was not a 31 point difference)), while (for instance) lauding the Cowboys and Prescott for beating a that same Chicago team (but more depleted by injury).

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am just getting fed up with the Eagles getting little credit for their wins (Oh, it is just Cleveland, Chicago, Steelers on an off-day or being without LeVeon Bell (whose absense was not a 31 point difference)), while (for instance) lauding the Cowboys and Prescott for beating a that same Chicago team (but more depleted by injury).

It's a little early to be "fed up" with people not fully believing in the Eagles. I'm sure you are pleasantly surprised yourself.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks. B+. There will be some people on me about this grade but i beg them to hear me out.

However looking for both to show up

They still have a good shot at the division.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It takes time for people to come around to what is actually happening. Most figured the Eagles would be a bottom-10 team in the league (myself included) so to see them winning like they are takes a while to believe what you are seeing. You don't want to be late to the party but at the same time people don't want to be early then see it fall apart.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes time for people to come around to what is actually happening. Most figured the Eagles would be a bottom-10 team in the league (myself included) so to see them winning like they are takes a while to believe what you are seeing. You don't want to be late to the party but at the same time people don't want to be early then see it fall apart.

Trust me...most Eagle fans don't believe what they are seeing and are waiting for the bottom to drop out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me...most Eagle fans don't believe what they are seeing and are waiting for the bottom to drop out.

Which honestly should be a bit understandable. WE have seen a lot of rookies start out strong at the QB position to then hit a wall when teams have more film on them. The defense has been playing ridiculous to this point which is great but hard to maintain such a level through an entire year. So there might be some coming back to the pack but if I were an Eagles fan I would be cautiously optimistic at what I am seeing.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers:
running game: C with just over 4 YPC
Passing game: C-, started looking better in week 3 but that was vs Detroit and MM shutdown the offense in the second half in a game they could've put up 50+ points easily.
Run Defense: A, it's far better than I ever could've imagined and is probably the best in the NFL.
Pass Defense: F-, far worse than I ever could've imagined. The two second year young guns have looked like dog shit, Shields is out with a concussion and nobody else in the secondary looks like they belong in the NFL except for HA HA. They're easily the worst secondary in the NFL
SPT's: C really not much from the return game and they haven't given up much return yards. K/P has been good.
Overall Grade: C with potential of becoming a B-B+ if the passing O continues to improve and the secondary just gets back to where they were last year as an average secondary. As it is, with the secondary they have right now I wouldn't give them a chance to win 1 game in the postseason but they would barely make it in the playoffs.

I was right about the Vikes and the Panthers.

I was dead wrong about the Redskins aka Deadskins.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what Jaxsonville team shows up

The one who played in week 2 and 3

or

The one who played in week 1 and 4
Either one should have a shot at that division, :2cents:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear ya. I think most people that are not Eagles fans, but not Eagle haters look at it for what it is...3 wins in a 16 game season...great start, but they gotta finish the race to really earn respect. ATL started 5 & 0 LY and didn't make the playoffs.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incomplete as need to play 4 games yet as the NFL should never have byes in week 4. My plan would be to have 2 bye weeks with 16 teams having off in week 8 and the other 16 teams off in week 9. There are still enough games to fill all the TV slots.

As far as a grade after 3 weeks I guess would be mixed reviews. There is a huge improvement in the run D which is #1 in the league at 43 yards per game. The problem is the passing D which was ranked like 6th last year has not been getting the job done with Shields and Burnett out in the secondary. The hope is after the bye they the 5 injured starters on D will be back and can hopefully play and stay healthy. If the secondary and get their act together and be like last year along with the improved run D it should be quite helpful.

The offense has started slow had a breakout in the first half against the Lions and looks like things are starting to click. They need to hand off to Lacy more often as McCarthy seems to forget he keeps saying he wants to run more. Lacy has a 5 yard per carry average but is only getting the ball 14.3 carries a game this needs to increase which should help open up the passing game a bit more.

The passing game in my opinion is slow starting mostly because of no starters playing much in preseason and then the first 3 or 4 games of the regular season are like preseason and takes a bit to get the timing and such down. Just have to see if it can continue next Sunday night against the Giants.

My grade is a C+