• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st place Red Sox roll (thanks D-backs & Chi-sox), Mattinlgy nearly canned

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major troll thread going on about Bryce Harper getting beaned if you want to join in. Some guy just Franky Pantangeli'd himself when he heard what I thought about Bryce Harper. He's on the 32nd floor of SportsHoopla World Headquarters, I have the megaphone and I'm repeating "Jump, asshole!" but nothing yet.

Come join in.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Trade Scenarios in my Dynasty League:

1. Mike Minor + Joquin Benoit + 2nd Round Minor League Pick for Albert Almora + Max Fried + 1st Round Minor League Pick

or

2. Mike Minor + 2nd Round MiLB Pick for Alen Hanson + Oswaldo Arcia + 1st Round MiLB Pick

Which would you do?

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...prohibiting alcohol sales on Sunday = reduction in alcohol abuse? Are you really this naive? Prohibition doesn't equal prevention...

Booze was outlawed in this country entirely in the 20's. Was alcohol production stopped? Or did an illicit bootlegging industry fill the vacuum? Anytime you prohibit a popular activity, all you do is create an illicit market for that product or service...

Since everyone in Jersey was betting online either way? Prohibiting it was only costing the state potential revenues.

Again, this goes to the eutopic nature of the world seen through your eyes. Laws do not change individual behavior. Laws just provided a mechanism for punishing unwanted behavior. A big difference between those 2 realities.

Prohibiting online sports gambling did exactly nothing to curb gambling addictions. And to be honest, curbing gambling addiction is not the responsibility of government, but a responsibility of the individual. because if it is? Then why is tobacco still 100% legal in this country?

When should we expect a new law prohibiting unprotected premarital sex?

When should we expect a new law prohibiting skydiving? Bungee jumping? Cliff diving? And other "dangerous" recreational activities?

Where does the nanny state approach end?

You're so eager to defend the state's decision in regards addiction, but just scolded the Federal government.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's your eutopic government at work BF...

"Obamacare, not good enough for us or our secretaries, but good enough for you"

LOL @ "brain drain" one more life long public sector worker lost would raise the relative IQ of DC...

Obamacare is designed to fail, and bring America one step closer to a single payer system

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chapman warming up in the bullpen, why would they need him when they can have Koji Uehara instead?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Mattinlgy is the manager of the Dodgers and Bobby Knight coached at Indianna" - Rock

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so eager to defend the state's decision in regards addiction, but just scolded the Federal government.

I'm not defending anything...

I'm disagreeing with the notion that "banning internet gambling" = "curing gambling addiction" or "banning supersized sodas" = "preventing obesity"

As well as disagreeing it's the role of government to legislate such behavior's.....It's bullshit...laws don't change individual behavior. If it were the case, there'd be absolutely no one in this country doing cocaine today...

Guns are pretty much illegal in Chicago. How's that one working out?

I believe the Fed has a role...just not nearly as vast of one as we're currently dealing with. I'd rather see those responsibilities, and the funding that goes along with them, remain local. This includes ALL social spending...among others like education...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obamacare is designed to fail, and bring America one step closer to a single payer system

So...you're cynical of Obamacare...but can't wrap you're brain around being cynical of other legislation originating from the same place? (DC, not specifically Obama or his predecessors)?

The best thing they could do to reduce the costs of health in this country? Is to get out of the way entirely.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I know the American people firmly oppose this bill now. But they'll love it once it's passed." Obama

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pledge to find out who is responsible for passing this disasterous Obama care legislation, and see that they are brought to justice - Obama next August

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in case you didn't know...

The AL sucks cock.

Faggot cock in case Stan Marsh happens to read this.