• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st place Red Sox roll (thanks D-backs & Chi-sox), Mattinlgy nearly canned

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you guys missed this golden nugget from Arods 1st AB in chicago:

It's funny to hear Suzyn Waldman talk about how many in the crowd were STANDING AND CHEERING A-Rod as he came to the plate like he's making some kind of heroic comeback. The ultimate Yankee troll job. It's also funny to hear Ma and Pa Pinstripe disagree about the nature of A-Rod's single because one of them is contractually obligated to have no idea what's happening at any point in time.

Audio: John Sterling & Suzyn Waldman call Alex Rodriguez's first hit | August | 2013

"and here comes alex. his reception? not bad" :laugh3:

its made for great radio fodder around here

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattingly: L.A. eyed a change in June

Updated: August 7, 2013, 12:51 AM ET
By Arash Markazi | ESPNLosAngeles.com

ST. LOUIS -- The Los Angeles Dodgers are the hottest team in baseball right now but manager Don Mattingly said he came very close to being fired after his team's 30-42 start.
The 52-year-old Mattingly said Tuesday night that Dodgers president Stan Kasten met with him in late May and told him that he would be forced to make a change if the team didn't turn their season around.

300101.jpg
You take it personal that your team is not playing well but you understand it's a business. I understand that's the way it is. If the team doesn't play well, the manager usually gets it, and when the team is going good the guys are playing great.
” -- Dodgers manager Don Mattingly​
"Stan was really honest. He didn't want to do anything but he said, 'Donnie, at some point I got to do something,' " Mattingly said. "I understood it. I was fine with that. I understand. At some point you need a change of voice, a different voice. If they're not listening and it's not going good, you got to be make a change just to make a change. You could be doing the best job you could possibly do and it wouldn't make a difference. I get it. I got that."

Mattingly didn't remember when the conversation took place but recalls it happening "when this was rearing its ugly head" and when speculation about his job security was at its height after the Dodgers returned home from a three-game series against the Milwaukee Brewers on May 22.
"I told him I understood," Mattingly said. "It was good. I didn't mind it because it was honest and he wasn't trying to make me feel better. He was basically telling me the truth. I just understood. I understand baseball."

The Dodgers actually sunk to a season-worst 12 games under .500 on June 21 before turning their season around. Since then, they have won 32 of their last 39 games, the franchise's best 39-game stretch since 1953. They have also won 15 straight road games, the longest winning streak away from home by a National League team since 1957.

Asked if he ever worried about getting fired on his way to the ballpark during the team's early season troubles, Mattingly laughed.
"Other than when my door was locked and I couldn't get in," he said. "I didn't really think of it like that. I really felt like you just got to do your job and keep making decisions and not let any of that get involved with your decision."
Mattingly is obviously not worried about his job these days but said he doesn't hold any grudges for basically being a losing streak away from losing his job two months ago.
"It wasn't that much fun but it's OK," Mattingly said. "Being able to compartmentalize it and not taking it personal. You take it personal that your team is not playing well but you understand it's a business. I understand that's the way it is. If the team doesn't play well, the manager usually gets it, and when the team is going good the guys are playing great."
Mattingly is currently working in the final year of his deal with a 2014 option but said he is not worried about next season right now.
"I'm not worried about any of that right now," Mattingly said. "I'm just worried about winning games. That's not even an issue."

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as the awesome red sox go...steven wright (not the funny one) started to give everyone in the rotation an extra day off

workman got smoked

this wasnt a good day for the arms

jacoby went deep twice, ortiz went 4-4

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, and yankee fans (of any show today)

gardner was safe

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminder: the yankees are 10.5 games back

the braves have won 12 straight :playball: in that inferior AAA league (if that happened in the AL, where there are 9 pro hitters in a lineup, it would mean more)

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very flattering that you think the Yankees are still relevant (thanks Chi-sox) but you might want to stop before people think you're high.

Oh wait...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wake up assholes

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very flattering that you think the Yankees are still relevant (thanks Chi-sox) but you might want to stop before people think you're high.

Oh wait...

morning buddy

gardner WAS safe

i only mention the yankees because they are in a heated dog fight for last place:yahoo:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Funniest part of all this is... Rock will be reading this first thing in the morning... He'll be so happy that he was discussed again"

yes snoogins

i counted 26 times in last nights thread...26 times, i was mentioned :whistle::noidea:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get that high draft pick

:L

you have to admit

sterling and waldmans call on arods return

just

sad and hysterical

(i know its old news but i forgot to include that yesterday, no one seemed to bring it up)

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to admit

sterling and waldmans call on arods return

just

sad and hysterical

(i know its old news but i forgot to include that yesterday, no one seemed to bring it up)

Didn't hear it, I try to avoid them at all costs.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck the fraudkee's
fuck the red sox

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't hear it, I try to avoid them at all costs.

i posted the link on page 1

its from "awful announcing"

crowd raining boo's on arod...sterling says "and heres the reception for alex...not bad" as people are BOOING and waldman says "there are a lot of people standing and cheering for alex" as you hear solid BOOS.

hysterical

biggest homers in pro sports