• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: # 19 Nebraska @ # 10 Michigan State

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just listened to the post game radio interview with Mark Dantonio. At the end of the segment, he mentioned that he's been at Michigan State for 8 years and doesn't ask for much (which is true...heck, he doesn't even have an agent, and doesn't have nearly as large a contract as many other top coaches).

Dantonio then said he did ask for something this week....that the fans show up for this big night game vs Nebraska, and that the fans stay at the game and support the Spartan team. Dantonio was disappointed that most of the crowd left the stadium in the third quarter, and he stated that (paraphrasing) "we needed the fans in the 4th quarter, and they weren't there". Then he gave great praise to those fans who did remain for the 4th quarter. The radio commentators also voiced their disappointment in the vanishing act pulled by the crowd.

Dantonio is correct...the fans should not have left so early.....the team feeds off the energy of the crowd, and the team needed the support of the fans for a full 4 quarters.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grats Sparty

Your front 7 on defense dominated the Nebraska's O-Line all night. If Nebraska had pulled the miracle after you let off the gas, it would have been unjust.

How in the fuck Pelini's nephew and Barney Cotton's boys all start up front is something I wish the local media would have the balls to ask.

They wouldn't get a scholly at any P-5 + ND school, yet they start for Daddy and Uncle Bo. :L

Either way. A deserved win for y'all.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree, fuck Michigan, fuck Ohio State

Soon bitches.... real soon.

resized_winter-is-coming-meme-generator-brace-yourself-epic-payback-is-coming-bf9fca.jpg

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just listened to the post game radio interview with Mark Dantonio. At the end of the segment, he mentioned that he's been at Michigan State for 8 years and doesn't ask for much (which is true...heck, he doesn't even have an agent, and doesn't have nearly as large a contract as many other top coaches).

Dantonio then said he did ask for something this week....that the fans show up for this big night game vs Nebraska, and that the fans stay at the game and support the Spartan team. Dantonio was disappointed that most of the crowd left the stadium in the third quarter, and he stated that (paraphrasing) "we needed the fans in the 4th quarter, and they weren't there". Then he gave great praise to those fans who did remain for the 4th quarter. The radio commentators also voiced their disappointment in the vanishing act pulled by the crowd.

Dantonio is correct...the fans should not have left so early.....the team feeds off the energy of the crowd, and the team needed the support of the fans for a full 4 quarters.

I talked to my dad on his way home from the stadium about this, because i heard the announcers say something about it too but I didn't remember them showing it on camera. My dad said he was actually surprised how few people left given that it was about 25-30 degrees colder today than it has been, plus went rainy and windy. He said mostly it was just the student section that cleared out a bit, and that since it was an 8 pm game at a notorious party school you could still find about half 9f the students in the bathrooms puking. But that probably half of them did leave at around 10-10:30 ish when halftime game and they were dominating them and there was still time to go to a keg get and get laid.

I like Dantonio a ton. MSU should give him anything he asks for. But with the size of MSU's student section, the weather here, and the school they are at, you're never gonna keep the stands full. I just don't see it as a possibility.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I talked to my dad on his way home from the stadium about this, because i heard the announcers say something about it too but I didn't remember them showing it on camera. My dad said he was actually surprised how few people left given that it was about 25-30 degrees colder today than it has been, plus went rainy and windy. He said mostly it was just the student section that cleared out a bit, and that since it was an 8 pm game at a notorious party school you could still find about half 9f the students in the bathrooms puking. But that probably half of them did leave at around 10-10:30 ish when halftime game and they were dominating them and there was still time to go to a keg get and get laid.

I like Dantonio a ton. MSU should give him anything he asks for. But with the size of MSU's student section, the weather here, and the school they are at, you're never gonna keep the stands full. I just don't see it as a possibility.

Maybe the fans would like to ask Dantonio to not blow 4th quarter leads like they did tonight. Sparty got lucky in the end.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. But I'll take lucky and a W over the alternative that the other half of the Top 10 were dealt.