• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16 draft what position

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers...CB is the media's pick I guess, but imo the most obvious need is SS or FS since Mitchell can move SS if need be, but 25...might be too high for a S.

DE...the board could shape up that way for BPA.
This...

BPA @25 is going to be the best way to go for the Steelers without making it look like a reach. Like you said, CB & S are the biggest needs right now but neither position is going to have a player worthy of taking at 25.

Trading back would be a great move. But if they stick around at 25 then its either DLine or OLine depth that makes the most sense. I've been seeing more mocks recently with TE as their 1st rounder which doesn't make much sense to me. Sure they need bodies at TE, but they don't need to draft Heath's replacement. They already have their starters but need to build for the future since Spaeth is knockin at the door. 3rd or 4th Rd pick makes more sense for a TE.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This...

BPA @25 is going to be the best way to go for the Steelers without making it look like a reach. Like you said, CB & S are the biggest needs right now but neither position is going to have a player worthy of taking at 25.

Trading back would be a great move. But if they stick around at 25 then its either DLine or OLine depth that makes the most sense. I've been seeing more mocks recently with TE as their 1st rounder which doesn't make much sense to me. Sure they need bodies at TE, but they don't need to draft Heath's replacement. They already have their starters but need to build for the future since Spaeth is knockin at the door. 3rd or 4th Rd pick makes more sense for a TE.

Too lazy to grab the link, but nfl.com guys Davis, and Buck are both still mocking Eli Apple @ 25. Rueter now has Conklin...the afternoon drive sportstalk guys got Charles Davis on and they focused more on his ATL pick but he does seem to think they will re-sign Gay so interesting he would still mock a CB in his 2.0

TE...I tend to agree...JJ is never going to be Heath, but imo that's not really a slight. The combination of him and Spaeth is not bad. But with no 5th or 6th this year...if a talent they like is on the board earlier, say as high as 58, if the grade and position fit, I wouldn't be surprised if he's taken.

I still think BPA is going to be a DL guy...just so many guys with 1st rd talent...we shall see.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts should draft a decent QB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you already know I have a high opinion of Nkemdiche. Lawson would be par for the course as far as Falcon drafts go. We love to use our picks on Clemson players and he is pretty darn good too.

This regime is not going to stay unbalanced on the pass rush...I have a feeling they are going to address the opposite side of VB in FA with Irvin or another guy if the price is not ridiculous. IMO they should get a starter at 17 from this draft they way it's looking right now....lot of good DEF players in the middle of the 1st rd.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at what position will your team take with a first round pick ? don't cheat pats fans you don't have a first round pick .

colts will go o-line unless no one is home .
In before anyone else. I'm calling it. Colts first round draft pick helps Colts achieve another runner up banner.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This...

There are 4-5 FA TEs that could also fit the Steelers depending on what they do WRT to the cap? Like the Pats they have cap concerns so that will likely take the 1-2 TE out of play. A decent FA and then a later round TE pick could be the best move. Let the rookie learn and hope you find gold?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 4-5 FA TEs that could also fit the Steelers depending on what they do WRT to the cap? Like the Pats they have cap concerns so that will likely take the 1-2 TE out of play. A decent FA and then a later round TE pick could be the best move. Let the rookie learn and hope you find gold?
It would either be FA or draft, and not a combination. Steelers have only carried 3 TE's for the last 2 seasons. They carried a FB (Will Johnson) that was TE-flexible so they didn't see the need to get another. With how stacked the WR corps is, there really isn't a need for a top end TE. They already have 2 solid blocking TE's that also can run routes and have good hands. Not so sure they need to spend any money on a FA TE. If they did pickup a TE, it would have to be low-risk. Just my opinion.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pre-FA QB for the Eagles (right now our starter would be Mark Sanchez). If that is addressed in other ways, best O-line available could be one (esp if Peters is released).

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may trade brady or gronk for a first rd pick !
Maybe Brady for a first and second. Would be funny to see him in a Colts uni, to show dem sumbitches what a real QB is. Gronk? Forget about that man, he's a keeper.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This regime is not going to stay unbalanced on the pass rush...I have a feeling they are going to address the opposite side of VB in FA with Irvin or another guy if the price is not ridiculous. IMO they should get a starter at 17 from this draft they way it's looking right now....lot of good DEF players in the middle of the 1st rd.
The money for Irvin is out there but who knows how apprehensive the front office is about another guy like that after the whole Ray Edwards fiasco.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards need a pass rusher as was proven in the NFCCG. Therefore, unless they find a gem in free agency or there is a player they absolutely can't pass up, I expect them to get the best DE/OLB that fits their 3-4.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The money for Irvin is out there but who knows how apprehensive the front office is about another guy like that after the whole Ray Edwards fiasco.

I guess you know they've added another layer in the scouting/draft area, now like 4 or 5 former GMs in the building up there...what I think is happening, Dimitroff is moving more into the cap and contracts....Quinn is getting some guys he's comfortable with on the ground evaluating talent...in terms of FA...they can't sit on that much money and expect people to get excited about paying for those PSLs.

If Quinn likes Irvin or whomever in FA...there's a good chance Dimitroff is going to sign off...it wouldn't be bad to have two young edge rushers, but I get the sense a vet on the other side is what Quinn wants...we shall see. At least for now, they intend to stick with Levitre at LG, but C and RG I could see them spend FA money and a pick to fill those spots.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you know they've added another layer in the scouting/draft area, now like 4 or 5 former GMs in the building up there...what I think is happening, Dimitroff is moving more into the cap and contracts....Quinn is getting some guys he's comfortable with on the ground evaluating talent...in terms of FA...they can't sit on that much money and expect people to get excited about paying for those PSLs.

If Quinn likes Irvin or whomever in FA...there's a good chance Dimitroff is going to sign off...it wouldn't be bad to have two young edge rushers, but I get the sense a vet on the other side is what Quinn wants...we shall see. At least for now, they intend to stick with Levitre at LG, but C and RG I could see them spend FA money and a pick to fill those spots.
2016 NFL Free Agents Tracker

There isn't a whole lot out there in my opinion. Irvin wouldn't be a bad signing...I just doubt he'd be much of a difference maker.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There isn't a whole lot out there in my opinion. Irvin wouldn't be a bad signing...I just doubt he'd be much of a difference maker.

Agreed...of the DEs...Clayborne looks better than most...on the OLBs...Irvin...idk, on this team you wonder, but it shouldn't effect the draft...17 needs to be a front 7 impact type player regardless.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense...Defense...Defense for the Ravens.

Would be ecstatic with Ramsey. Very happy with either Bosa or Hargreaves.