• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16-17 MVP thread...

tebowGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article yesterday asking whether Harden was the best player in the NBA. It just makes me laugh so hard.

NO! He is not!

He is being given the ball more and allowed to Handle even more responsibility in Dantoni's system, but he is still the same guy. His stats are off the charts, but we all knew this would happen. He is playing well, but I just have to chuckle at how people overreact to the stat sheet. There are quite a few players better than Harden regardless of what numbers he posts.

Opportunity is as important as talent in compiling a massive stat line. Most of the truly elite players don't have the opportunity that Harden and Westbrook do because they play on more talented rosters.

I don't care about you passively aggressively trying to make everything about LeBron.

Please dude, I don't care how much you want to come off as normal...I know you live vicariously through LeBron.

Just back off me, man.

Harden's not a coward that needs to play with two prime superstars in a historically weak conference for 7 straight seasons; what he's doing with that roster right now is more impressive than anything LeCollude could do with his circumstance.

tebowGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is dumb.

No one wins MVP in October/November.

Let's see who's still doing this in April.

This is an ENTIRE SEASON thread to follow the contenders and periodically rank them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about you passively aggressively trying to make everything about LeBron.

Please dude, I don't care how much you want to come off as normal...I know you live vicariously through LeBron.

Just back off me, man.

Harden's not a coward that needs to play with two prime superstars in a historically weak conference for 7 straight seasons; what he's doing with that roster right now is more impressive than anything LeCollude could do with his circumstance.

My last comment has little to do with LeBron. There are plenty of others better than Harden also. LeBron is one, but there are many others. These guys for sure, but there are others too, IMO. Defense matters.

LeBron
Curry
Durant
LEonard
Westbrook

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last comment has little to do with LeBron. There are plenty of others better than Harden also. LeBron is one, but there are many others. These guys for sure, but there are others too, IMO. Defense matters.

LeBron
Curry
Durant
LEonard
Westbrook
On the current Houston team, in a D'Antoni system, defense really doesnt matter at all. The "most valuable" thing Harden can do for that team is score his ass off and help others score. He's been doing those things quite well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This brings up the Most Valuable Player vs. Most Outstanding Player debate.

Sometimes, it's the same guy...sometimes it's not.

Right now, in this way too early thread, I'd have to say Lebron is the Most Valuable and it would be between Westbrook and Harden for Most Outstanding.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo Buckets

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD's side kicks in OKC are now ahead of him, Russ and Harden.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Griffin anyone? He's not as dynamic as Westbrook and Curry, but he's pretty darn good, gosh gee willikers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Griffin anyone? He's not as dynamic as Westbrook and Curry, but he's pretty darn good, gosh gee willikers.

He is playing great and so are the Clippers. It would not surprise me if he ended up top 5 at season's end, but I do not think he has any realistic chance at winning.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the facepalm and BS ratings.

In the end the MVP race will come down to 2 things:

1) How many games LeBron plays
2) How many games OKC wins

I think Westbrook may very well win this year because he has the better narrative, but do not tell me he is more valuable than LeBron.

People always find a reason not to vote for LeBron, but he has been the most valuable player in the league for the last 7-8 years. Trade him for Westbrook and OKC would be better and the Cavs would be a lot worse.

Lebron's the most valuable player in the league as you've pointed out - as he's top 5 in both efficiency/ability in every faucet of the game. He'll likely go down as the most well rounded player in the history of the league.

The reason I don't think he'll win MVP is due to the fact that he's playing with two other all-stars and Lebron is focusing on other aspects and letting Kyrie take over the scoring load as has been mentioned in this thread.

If Westbrook's team makes the playoffs as a 4 seed, he may have that thing practically gift wrapped. Looking at how the media treated Lebron's MVP candidacy in his first year in Miami, I see the media treating Durant the same way as he's also playing alongside Step, Klay, and Draymond.

Lebron may deserve the MVP, but I doubt he wins it given other narratives in the league.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is playing great and so are the Clippers. It would not surprise me if he ended up top 5 at season's end, but I do not think he has any realistic chance at winning.

:hellno:

Please, don't jinx us. :nono:

As soon as Magic Johnson started his " Clippers gonna win a chip " talk, shit went to hell in a handbasket.

Please stick to the narrative.

#NoGoodClippers

#ClippersGonnaClip