• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #15 UCF (3-0) @ Pitt (1-2)

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, no one is forced to do anything. But BYU is almost a de facto conference member, we play them every year save one for the next decade. So that leaves only 3 open games. I'm pretty proud of who we are playing, Florida St., Houston, Ok St, Mich. St., Or. St., Wazzou, and even Oregon in 2025. As I've said before, it's a matter of math, sometimes the only school available is an FCS one. In Boise's defense, they only do it rarely, PSU is only the third since Boise started it's run. SEC schools hire one of those patsies pretty much every year.

Smiles, yes SEC schools do it but they also get to beat each other’s brains in IC. They deserve a break or two. Look at A&M and Auburn’s schedules this year and tell me Boise wants any part of that. It’s a freaking meat grinder.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smiles, yes SEC schools do it but they also get to beat each other’s brains in IC. They deserve a break or two. Look at A&M and Auburn’s schedules this year and tell me Boise wants any part of that. It’s a freaking meat grinder.

Considering their budget, considering the number of 4 & 5 star recruits, given the depth on the bench. Yeah, give us that, I'll take it 7 days a week. Consider that what they pay their head coach is equal to the entire football budget, yeah, they deserve meat grinders that they throw in the Tennessee Chattanooga choo choo, East Undershirt State, and the Florida International House of Pancakes. Auburn and Alabama always have an FCS contest before the Iron Bowl. Most of those schools don't travel outside the region. And then they say, "go play somebody, Boise, just not us." It's all good. To whom much is given, much should be expected.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s right. I think they are one of the top 25 teams in the country but their resume leaves them on the outside looking in for now. One of those teams towards the front of the “others receiving votes” category.
I just submitted my poll for this week and it is damn tough once you get past the top 7 or so this early in the season. Tough to weigh how tough you ultimately think the team is and what they have actually produced. I included UCF at 22 I think. I think they are clearly one of the top 20ish teams. Gets tough only 4 weeks in with a team like A&M. I definitely think they end up in the Top 25 and Wake Forest doesn't. However, how do you put a 2-2 team (as tough as their losses were) with two FCS wins in and leave a 4-0 Wake Forest out? This time of year the polls are fun to look at, but really just individual perception that is tough to argue with.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, the Ducks have never beaten Boise.

Well that was completely irrelevant to what you were quoting...on that note:

Oregon has won in Boise before, and will do it again.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has an excellent chance of winning in Boise, if they play the College of Idaho. :dhd:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post was accurate.
I can see why you had to point that out, you'd have a future in politics, technically you didn't lie, but in 1966 a 3-7 University of Oregon Webfoots squad came into the old wooden Bronco Stadium and beat the University of Idaho. I vaguely remember it, I would have been in elementary school.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why you had to point that out, you'd have a future in politics, technically you didn't lie, but in 1966 a 3-7 University of Oregon Webfoots squad came into the old wooden Bronco Stadium and beat the University of Idaho. I vaguely remember it, I would have been in elementary school.
You’re an old fuck. My parents were born in 72.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re an old fuck. My parents were born in 72.
The best kind of one :D My junior high math teacher refereed Boise College games, and would have us come down to work the chains. I was hooked. I still remember almost getting flattened by a big Chico State defensive lineman as he careened out of bounds.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your comment on post #425 was irrelevant. I decided to reply with one of my own.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comment on post #425 was irrelevant. I decided to reply with one of my own.
Thanks for clarifying. When it comes to scheduling, every school plays in its conference. The only games they truly control are the OOC ones. But how does that effect your totally incorrect post that the University of Oregon football team ever beat Boise State? But I am impressed, you are doing an excellent job of redirecting things. And if you are going to complain about being irrelevant (translated, anyone who may see things differently), you could eliminate virtually everyone who posts here. Thanks again for a spirited discussion, gotta run.