• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

142nd Running Of The Preakness Preview!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldly. Devotedly. Dramatically. Victoriously. All adjectives.

All adjectives that could describe the horses and jockeys that will participate in one of the 30 most exciting events in sports (top 5 if you are a horse (if you are a horse and are reading this – Hey buddy!)).

a761d340d87d888075314872a9b0c56e.jpg

a horse

As I walk through Old Hilltop taking in the sights, sounds, and smells (seriously what is that, give that horse a Tums) I cannot help but think of all the historical events that happened here. Triple crown winners. Close races. Photo finishes. Drama! Remember in ’67 when two out of the top three horses raised their hooves in a horse-power salute? Or in 1982 when Gerald McRaney and Jameson Parker from TV’s Simon And Simon got in a drunken fist fight in the grandstand? Delta Burke kicked both their asses! Or in 1995 when Joe Theismann was caught on mic saying he’d rather f*ck one of the horses than Cathy Lee Crosby. Good times.

This year should be an exciting year, the buildup around town has been tangible. When I was being robbed this morning the robber said he would give me a furlong head start in honor of the Preakness. When he caught me we laughed when he showed me he had just a starter pistol, not a real firearm. Yes, the city is abuzz.

Tomorrow the festivities start with Black-Eyed Susan Day. This is not a celebration of domestic violence (not since 1974) but instead a celebration of the Maryland State Flower. And a special drink! The stands will be filled with socialites, politicians, their Guatemalan servants, and their pets.

Recipe4web.jpeg

So the big question is who will win? The current favorites are:

Always Dreaming 4/5

Classic Empire 3/1

Trump Impeachment 7/1

The ORM© picks Always Dreaming to win easily ahead of a still boozy from the night before Cloud Computing. My expert pick is Looking At Lee ahead of Always Dreaming. I spoke with Looking At Lee a bit ago and he seems really determined. He also thinks CBS using a new Star Trek show to launch their new CBS All Access network is really stupid.

Hmm, it appears I am being followed. I wonder if we are not supposed to be allowed to wander unattended throughout Pimlico two days before it’s only event of note takes place. Hopefully, if I escape, I will return with more news and analysis from this big event. Maybe even human interest stories!

Feet don’t fail me now!

(edit - title was supposed to be 'running of')

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a horse

Or in 1995 when Joe Theismann was caught on mic saying he’d rather f*ck one of the horses than Cathy Lee Crosby. Good times.

(edit - title was supposed to be 'running of')

yutRrqm.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic opening post (and title has been edited).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wanted to see what comeds was talking about and clicked a random street nearby in street view.

This is what came up and I’m crying laughing:

aw5bva.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Bay (tm) is not one of the ingredients. I call BS.

So I wanted to see what comeds was talking about and clicked a random street nearby in street view.

This is what came up and I’m crying laughing:

aw5bva.jpg

L-R: Wee-bay, Bodie, Poot and Lil Mike

Trivia: Al Capone's mother used to live across the street from the track. My grandpa was a city cop and told me. No one ever messed with the old white lady.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for the Preakness to be over so we can see the Belmont preview!!!

Tomorrow the festivities start with Black-Eyed Susan Day. This is not a celebration of domestic violence (not since 1974) but instead a celebration of the Maryland State Flower. And a special drink! The stands will be filled with socialites, politicians, their Guatemalan servants, and their pets.

The whole thing made me laugh but this parenthetical had me in stitches.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty soon Pimlico will be destroyed and the Preakness moves to Laurel Park.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heavy storms are moving through the area. I wonder what effect this will have on the horses. So far they are still proceeding with jockey - horse movie under the stars night but they may have to get everyone back inside if it gets bad. If so, some of the horses and jockeys may never know how "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" ends.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a race!! That one horse seemed like he was going to win it, but during a critical moment, the other horse accelerated and was just faster getting to the finish line.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a race!! That one horse seemed like he was going to win it, but during a critical moment, the other horse accelerated and was just faster getting to the finish line.

The one horse found a great the others didn't have.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walking around the empty track and stables today I hear faint voices of horses past, almost as if in unison, in a song.

All the phillies say,
We don't need another hero,
We don't need to know the way home
All we want is life beyond Pimlico

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news guys! Real Style talent/casting agency is sending me to the Belmont Stakes! All expenses paid! Thanks Real Style talent/casting agency!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news guys! Real Style talent/casting agency is sending me to the Belmont Stakes! All expenses paid! Thanks Real Style talent/casting agency!

Well, it's no secret that you can lead comeds to the Belmont, but can you make him drink? The answer is yes, yes you can :D

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let us know how Classic Empire shits the bed in that one.

That's not entirely fair, but man that horse seems to find a way to disappoint everyone. I was never on his bandwagon but still, what a mystery that animal is sometimes.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Belmont Stakes - "The race you watch once or twice a decade when someone might win the coveted Horse Running Hat Trick Crown."