• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

13/14 Worcester Sharks/Prospect News

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting and hoping for a Freddie Hamilton call up. Anyone have a Worcester report on the kid? I think he can be a great shutdown forward right now and may possibly develop a scoring touch down the road.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Worcester is now 0-2-0 on the season after giving up 3 goals in the 3rd period to loose to WB/Scranton 3-2 yesterday.

Game Log

Hamilton and McCarthy with the goals. Sateri made 20 saves on 23 shots.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
10/20 - Matt Pelech has been returned to Worcester.

As of now no one has been recalled but I expect it will be McCarthy.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
10/20 - Both McCarthy and Hamilton have been recalled to San Jose.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Worcester (1-2-0) beat Portland today 3-2. Tarasov returned after missing one game with a lower body injury and had a goal and an assist.

Game Log

Kearns x2, and Tarasov had the goals. Brodie Ried had two assists. Troy Grosenick made 30 saves for the win in his professional debut.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is somebody hurt, or just bringing in a extra body?

Sheppard had a rough game against Calgary with a lazy penalty and he missed some defensive assignments. He may have earned himself a spot in the press box for a game or two.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheppard had a rough game against Calgary with a lazy penalty and he missed some defensive assignments. He may have earned himself a spot in the press box for a game or two.

Its unfortunate because I think Sheppard has looked quicker and more dangerous offensively, but he keeps taking careless stick penalties. Against Dallas and I think it was Ottawa he took high sticking penalties and the one against Calgary was trying to do too much, instead of just skating back hard and being smart with his stick, he is reaching and hacking from behind. As the sharks get healthy every forward is going to have to be on their game because TMac is gonna have options waiting in the press box.

Cmon, you think Havlat makes it into the lineup before the trip ends? I know he likely is still a few weeks away, but I'm curious to see what they do. Kennedy looks like he is starting to mesh well with Marleau and Couture, I doubt they take Hertl off the Jumbo's line, so it looks like Nieto back to Worcester? Nieto on the 4th line seems like a waste for him developmentally, love his speed, but that is the likely option right?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cmon, you think Havlat makes it into the lineup before the trip ends? I know he likely is still a few weeks away, but I'm curious to see what they do. Kennedy looks like he is starting to mesh well with Marleau and Couture, I doubt they take Hertl off the Jumbo's line, so it looks like Nieto back to Worcester? Nieto on the 4th line seems like a waste for him developmentally, love his speed, but that is the likely option right?

I want to say I read or heard that Havlat wasn't going on the road trip with the team. I think Kurz said it during one of the game broadcasts but I'm not positive. It's hard to say what they are going to do when he's ready to return. Looking at the advanced possession numbers would suggest it's best to put Havlat on the 3rd line with Pavelski and Nieto and move Wingels to the 4th line. As a line Pavelski (3 assists), Wingels (1 goal, 1 assist), and Nieto (2 goals, 2 assists) haven't produced as much as you'd like to see at even strength. Surprisingly Wingels has better possession numbers and has been more productive while on the ice with Sheppard and Desjardins. Half of Wingels points (1 goal, 2 assists) have come while he was on the ice with these two. I know the team is playing well but if Havlat is healthy you find a spot for him in the line up. When healthy he's still a better top nine forward than Wingels, Nieto, and Kennedy.

If Nieto continues to get better each game like he has so far then his place in the line up will be safe. The coaching staff seems to be gaining a little more trust in him. Against Calgary he was given 2nd forward pairing PK duties. As of now I don't think his place in the line up is in danger when Havlat returns. The big question is going to come when Torres is ready to return.

EDIT: Pollak is reporting this morning that both Torres and Havlat are on the road trip but Boyle is not.

Last edited by a moderator:

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I want to say I read or heard that Havlat wasn't going on the road trip with the team. I think Kurz said it during one of the game broadcasts but I'm not positive. It's hard to say what they are going to do when he's ready to return. Looking at the advanced possession numbers would suggest it's best to put Havlat on the 3rd line with Pavelski and Nieto and move Wingels to the 4th line. As a line Pavelski (3 assists), Wingels (1 goal, 1 assist), and Nieto (2 goals, 2 assists) haven't produced as much as you'd like to see at even strength. Surprisingly Wingels has better possession numbers and has been more productive while on the ice with Sheppard and Desjardins. Half of Wingels points (1 goal, 2 assists) have come while he was on the ice with these two. I know the team is playing well but if Havlat is healthy you find a spot for him in the line up. When healthy he's still a better top nine forward than Wingels, Nieto, and Kennedy.

If Nieto continues to get better each game like he has so far then his place in the line up will be safe. The coaching staff seems to be gaining a little more trust in him. Against Calgary he was given 2nd forward pairing PK duties. As of now I don't think his place in the line up is in danger when Havlat returns. The big question is going to come when Torres is ready to return.

EDIT: Pollak is reporting this morning that both Torres and Havlat are on the road trip but Boyle is not.

Surprised Torres is already traveling w the team. I guess it does give him time to work w the trainers though.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Worcester (1-3-0) lost to Manchester today 4-1.

Game Report

Tarasov had the lone goal for Worcester. Sateri made 28 saves on 31 shots. Worcester dressed a player short tonight because Sommers incorrectly filled out the line up sheet. It's the 3rd time in three years he's made a mistake filling out a roster card.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Drummondville beat Saint Johns 4-3 today in the QMJHL. Christophe Lalancette had the GWG and two assists in the win.

After a slow start, no goals and 3 assists in the first 8 games, Lalancette has now scored 16 points (3 goals, 13 assists) in the last 7 games.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gabryel Boudreau had a goal and an assist for Baie-Comeau today in a 5-4 win. He's another player who was off to a slow start but has picked it up lately with 3 goals and 4 assists in his last 5 games. He has 12 points (6 goals, 6 assists) in 18 games on the year.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Daniil Tarasov beat Springfield tonight as Worcester (2-3-0) won 3-1.

Game Report

Tarasov had all three goals. Sateri made 17 stops in the win.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Tierney has been named to Team OHL for the 2013 Subway Super Series.

Gabryel Boudreau had two goals and an assist in a 6-5 SO loss to Quebec yesterday.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Tarasov kid. I like seeing his name mentioned.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
10/31 - Freddie Hamilton has been returned to Worcester. Most likely means they are making room for Boyle to come off the IR and he will play on Saturday.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Freddie Hamilton scored the lone goal for Worcester (2-4-0) in a 7-1 beating at the hands of Bridgeport one of the worst teams in the AHL.

Game Summary

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Worcester (3-4-0) beat St. Johns today 3-0.

Game Summary

Tarasov had a goal and an assist. Gogol and Acolatse had the other goals. Troy Grosenick made 27 saves for his first career shutout.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Minnesota (Brodzinski) take on Norte Dame today at 5pm on the NBC Sports Network.

Chris Tierney had two assists and was a +3 last night as London beat Guelf 6-5 in OT. Tierney now has 9 goals and 11 assists in 17 games.