• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12th spot

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im drafting in the 12th spot for the first time in like 13 years..

typical draft strats say go rb/rb .. say the top 11 are rb is the 12-15 rb worth getting as opposed to getting a top wr or even doubling up on the wr /wr ...

this year is hard to gauge.. very few great rb.. lots of potential wrs..

league i am in you can start 1 rb , 3 wr and a flew rb/wr/te .. plus k def and qb.. with standard scoring..

thoughts??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Calvin is there, he's definitely one of my picks. The other is tricky. In a league where you only need to start 1 RB, I'd be hard pressed not to lock up the other spots early. I guess it depends on which RB's are taken...

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of the mocks i have done have S.Jax forte and ridle as the next available.. i normally go Jackson and then bryant or A.J. depending on who was taken..

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two elite WRs might win you this league. I'd take the two best WRs - unless so many have been taken that a really nice RB (say Ray Rice) is still there. Starting three/four WRs puts a premium on elite WRs that's different from other leagues. I'd grab a guy like Sproles later as my safe RB, and take flyers on a couple of rookie RBs; you only need one to pan out. WR3/4 is very deep so I wouldn't rush to fill those.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a bad feeling about sproles this year.. i think the saints are going to go more run with ingram and well crap.. the other dude.. and use sproles as the thrid down back..

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ green or Dez Bryant?? i think dez has the better year this year.. but again im clueless

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im drafting in the 12th spot for the first time in like 13 years..

typical draft strats say go rb/rb .. say the top 11 are rb is the 12-15 rb worth getting as opposed to getting a top wr or even doubling up on the wr /wr ...

this year is hard to gauge.. very few great rb.. lots of potential wrs..

league i am in you can start 1 rb , 3 wr and a flew rb/wr/te .. plus k def and qb.. with standard scoring..

thoughts??

Since your league seems pretty flexible in terms of flex options and you start 3 WRs, I would have a really hard time not picking one here.

I would absolutely grab whichever RB you like best out of the remaining guys, but I would pair him with the best WR. Calvin will probably be gone, but Marshall, Dez and Green aren't too far behind depending on personal preference.

There should still be some nice RBs left at pick 36 who are riskier, but really aren't all that much worse than the guys you can get at 12 and might actually have higher upside. If you go RB, RB, you may not land a single difference maker on your team.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tlance.. thanks for the thoughts.. the back to back is cool but the wait on the third is killing me in mocks.. you just see these names oming off the board and its like dang it i need to move up or soemthing..

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i won the championship in both my fantasy football league and let me tell you.....you need to draft a player thats all about TOUCHDOWNS TOUCHDOWNS TOUCHDOWNS. Im going to have to disagree with the person who said to draft calvin johnson. sure he has like 2000 recieving yards but he only caught like 5 TDs last season which means there is going to be like 10 games where this guy isnt going to score. lastley look for the lower name guys to draft later ex. Eric Decker had awesome stats last season he kinda flew under the radar if you draft a few solid rbs like a foster or lynch (or both) then look to draft decker in the 3rd round is good drafting

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i won the championship in both my fantasy football league and let me tell you.....you need to draft a player thats all about TOUCHDOWNS TOUCHDOWNS TOUCHDOWNS. Im going to have to disagree with the person who said to draft calvin johnson. sure he has like 2000 recieving yards but he only caught like 5 TDs last season which means there is going to be like 10 games where this guy isnt going to score. lastley look for the lower name guys to draft later ex. Eric Decker had awesome stats last season he kinda flew under the radar if you draft a few solid rbs like a foster or lynch (or both) then look to draft decker in the 3rd round is good drafting

foster or lynch wont make it to the 12th spot.. we are looking at liek forte, jackson, ridley.. using your td formula ridley would be the best choice as forte doesnt produce in the redzone and jackson would play second fiddle to gonzeles jones and white

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a bad feeling about sproles this year.. i think the saints are going to go more run with ingram and well crap.. the other dude.. and use sproles as the thrid down back..

don't think you should worry about Ingram and Thomas taking the football from Brees, Graham, WR's and Sproles.

Im going to have to disagree with the person who said to draft calvin johnson. sure he has like 2000 recieving yards but he only caught like 5 TDs last season which means there is going to be like 10 games where this guy isnt going to score. lastley look for the lower name guys to draft later ex. Eric Decker had awesome stats last season he kinda flew under the radar if you draft a few solid rbs like a foster or lynch (or both) then look to draft decker in the 3rd round is good drafting

Calvin was tackled on the 1 yard line how many times... ? 8, I think.
I agree with you on Decker (he actually led the Broncos in TD's with 13, to DT's 10 FYI), but 3rd round probably isn't necessary.
And last, you definitely do not draft based on last year's stats... sure, they can be a measuring stick, but nothing more. Oh, and by the way, Calvin's 5 TD, 2000 yard season was good enough for FIRST last season...

wait.. do I really have to defend Calvin Johnson?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jackson would play second fiddle to gonzeles jones and white

Atlanta led the league in rushes inside the 10 yard line last year... just sayin'

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO.. you are pretty knowledgeble .. for a bills fan.. no seriously thanks for the input guys.. its good to bounce ideas off people that might see things a little differently then yourself..

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta led the league in rushes inside the 10 yard line last year... just sayin'

now thats usefull stuff.. did not know that.. i hope that gonzo doesnt to a yankees releiver style and have a farewell tour..

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO.. you are pretty knowledgeble .. for a bills fan.

LOL

I was gonna throw back at ya, but all I got is the Lawyer Milloy signing way back when for Brady's only loss against us. Hey, maybe (TE not to be named) gave us another chance out of the gate against the Pats? Although, this isn't happening a week before Week 1 for the shock factor.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey im not saying that calvin johnson isnt a great player but i wouldnt draft him based on how many receiving yards he had last season. every draft that I was in everybody wants to draft andre johnson, larry fitzgerald, julio jones, wes welker, steven jackson (when he was with the rams) as great as they are in the NFL those yards dont translate into fantasy football as good as touchdowns. fitz hasnt caught 10+ TDs in like 3 years, andre johnson has NEVER caught 10 Tds in a season, jackson only rushed for 10+ TDS in one season once. people are drafting high to get these guys because of there popularity

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't think you should worry about Ingram and Thomas taking the football from Brees, Graham, WR's and Sproles.

Calvin was tackled on the 1 yard line how many times... ? 8, I think.
I agree with you on Decker (he actually led the Broncos in TD's with 13, to DT's 10 FYI), but 3rd round probably isn't necessary.
And last, you definitely do not draft based on last year's stats... sure, they can be a measuring stick, but nothing more. Oh, and by the way, Calvin's 5 TD, 2000 yard season was good enough for FIRST last season...

wait.. do I really have to defend Calvin Johnson?

I disagree with drafting based on last years stats UNLESS it was that players first year breaking out. but if this player has like 2-3 years straight of 1000+ yards and 10TDs thats the guy im going to draft like an Arian Foster, Ray Rice or Marshawn Lynch

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey im not saying that calvin johnson isnt a great player but i wouldnt draft him based on how many receiving yards he had last season. every draft that I was in everybody wants to draft andre johnson, larry fitzgerald, julio jones, wes welker, steven jackson (when he was with the rams) as great as they are in the NFL those yards dont translate into fantasy football as good as touchdowns. fitz hasnt caught 10+ TDs in like 3 years, andre johnson has NEVER caught 10 Tds in a season, jackson only rushed for 10+ TDS in one season once. people are drafting high to get these guys because of there popularity
So here are Megatron's numbers the last 2 years. Keep in mind he was stopped at the 1 yard line like 8 times last year.

96-1681-16
122-1964-5

So even if he hits paydirt half of those 8 times stopped at the one yard line he would have added 4 more TD's to his total. Now I have Dez, Julio and Marshall in my top 5 along with Megatron and IMO and what my eyes see, Megatron is and should be the first WR off the board.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with drafting based on last years stats UNLESS it was that players first year breaking out. but if this player has like 2-3 years straight of 1000+ yards and 10TDs thats the guy im going to draft like an Arian Foster, Ray Rice or Marshawn Lynch
I agree 100%. Problem is those guys are gone by the 5th pick. If you are picking at the end of the draft you have to get a bit more creative. Tell me what you think of this team (not trying to hijack this thread, I promise).

QB RGIII
RB Gore
RB Murray
WR Megatron
WR Marshall
WR Nicks
TE VDavis
K ?
D Chargers

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i guess all we can do is agree to disagree i wouldnt draft johnson or any WR in the first 2 rounds at the i usually go RB RB then the best QB or WR available in the 3rd. I dont like drafting WRs because for them to produce its a 2 way street if the QB goes down then so will the WR. good RBs usually get the ball 15-20 times a game and usually get the ball on the goal line.